Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

10 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Are your rugs from the place you work?

The small one on the right was a gift from the former female owner of the company I work at now. The one to the left of the clothes is one my grandad brought back from overseas in the 1950's... 

• Like 8

Sid, I just got caught up from a couple days being AWOL. Yo definitely out did yourself this time and I can't thank you enough for taking us along with you. I'm glad you actually took time this trip to enjoy yourself and apparently it paid off !!!!

With all the photos and your feedback on the food and service, I feel that this ship is another one I need to add to the bucket list. Maybe 2024, who knows, one can hope!

Thanks again and best of luck with your future endeavors 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

That's probably gonna be it for me tonight... Goodnight, and I'll wrap this thing up soon...

So glad you're home safe and thanks again for taking us along... I really hope this isn't the last Live you ever do but I also totally understand wanting to enjoy your time off! 

• Like 4

Up way before the sun on this Monday, and my return to reality. I could've really used a nice "buffer day" prior to going back to work, but I've already almost used all my PTO for the year... What will happen on today's episode of As the Rug Turns? Who knows, but I hope it's a relatively easy one... 

Of course this day began with me having to actually make my own coffee. I'll be fixing my great breakfast, consisting of a bowl of cereal, before fighting the idiots on Peachtree Street... It's safe to say that I'll be back in my usual rut by the end of the day... 

PXL_20230213_115334849.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 19

I forgot about this one picture that I took from the plane... We were soaring above the clouds, and it painted a perfect picture of what I'd imagine Heaven looks like... 

***I also emailed the company that I ordered the stolen shirts from to see if there's any kind of recourse, or am I just out of a hundred fifty bucks... We'll see.........

PXL_20230212_195229862.jpg

• Like 25

15 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Gonna miss you onboard this week Sid. Looked forward to it everyday.

There is someone on this board doing an onboard review of the present Prima sailing. It won't be Sid like, but at least you can feel like you are on the ship again.

• Like 5

Sid  --  I've been mostly off Social Media & Cruise Critic for the past 6+ Months...

So happy I came back in time to catch your Live Review...

Even if I was playing catch-up every couple days.

Your reviews have always been full of great writing, sarcasm, fabulous food & beverages, fun, hi-jinks & adventure!

This review was the Ultimate Review, as it added Sid Down Time & Happiness...

At the risk of repeating myself, Happiness Suits You...

If this is to be your final Live Review - Thank You for the Joy you have brought all of us through the years!!!

Perhaps a Semi-Live is in your future - so you can focus on a better balance of Sid Down Time...

Cheers & although happy you made it home safe - Monday Morning Blues are no fun!

Here's to a Great Week  --  Von

• Like 17

Remember back when I was at the hotel in port Canaveral, and they claimed that I still owed for the hotel room? They went ahead and charged my credit card, saying that I had not prepaid through Priceline, that I had only "booked" through them... So, at lunch break today, I spent my entire break on a chat with Priceline, only to find out that I actually need to call Booking dot com for the information I wanted. So, I just now got a chance to call them, and indeed I had already paid for the hotel room months ago. Now, I have six hundred bucks into one night's stay at a hotel. They want me to produce evidence of the payment before they can do anything about it. It seems like the hotel itself should have been able to see that it was prepaid, but the kind of people you deal with at the front desk only know what the computer in front of them tells them. 

So, now in addition to my stolen package worth over a hundred dollars, I have a charge on another credit card for nearly three hundred dollars that I have to fight to try and get back. Not exactly the way that I wanted to end a great vacation... Okay, rant over......... Just get me till quitting time at work!

• Like 15

Sorry to hear about the double hotel room charges .... please let this be a warning to you perhaps not to book hotel rooms through third party like Priceline, Booking etc. especially where the hotels are in high traffic areas.

I just reread your post ... wow, two 3rd parties are involved - Priceline and Booking ... no, no!!!

We have always booked our hotel rooms via the hotel websites. The third party websites might offer cheaper rates, but by only a few bucks, and I have heard a few scary stories. The hotels themselves have to pay commission to those 3rd parties.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Remember back when I was at the hotel in port Canaveral, and they claimed that I still owed for the hotel room? They went ahead and charged my credit card, saying that I had not prepaid through Priceline, that I had only "booked" through them... So, at lunch break today, I spent my entire break on a chat with Priceline, only to find out that I actually need to call Booking dot com for the information I wanted. So, I just now got a chance to call them, and indeed I had already paid for the hotel room months ago. Now, I have six hundred bucks into one night's stay at a hotel. They want me to produce evidence of the payment before they can do anything about it. It seems like the hotel itself should have been able to see that it was prepaid, but the kind of people you deal with at the front desk only know what the computer in front of them tells them. 

So, now in addition to my stolen package worth over a hundred dollars, I have a charge on another credit card for nearly three hundred dollars that I have to fight to try and get back. Not exactly the way that I wanted to end a great vacation... Okay, rant over......... Just get me till quitting time at work!

Worse comes to worse, you may have to do a chargeback on the credit card with the latest charge.

• Like 2