Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

YensidCA

I am cruising on the Beyond this Sunday and as I am an amateur meteorologist I was checking the weather and sea states. It looks like there are some rough seas around the South East of Florida and the Bahamas. 

I then watched James Van Fleet (Chief Meteorologist for Royal Caribbean / Celerity) on his Twitter and he also has concerns. It may only affect Saturday but there may be fallout.

You can watch the video here. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YensidCA said:

I am cruising on the Beyond this Sunday and as I am an amateur meteorologist I was checking the weather and sea states. It looks like there are some rough seas around the South East of Florida and the Bahamas. 

I then watched James Van Fleet (Chief Meteorologist for Royal Caribbean / Celerity) on his Twitter and he also has concerns. It may only affect Saturday but there may be fallout.

Funny that he really doesn’t work for Celebrity, I asked him that on Twitter , and he doesn’t usually work with Celebrity Captains 

just think it still be warmer than home😁

6FEF35DF-3626-426A-A025-2F9C42B7B80B.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Funny that he really doesn’t work for Celebrity, I asked him that on Twitter , and he doesn’t usually work with Celebrity Captains 

just think it still be warmer than home😁

Today we are having a heatwave. A balmy 10 degrees and sunny. 😎

• Haha 4

I am always bummed to see we miss out on the rough seas. Our Hawaii cruise was a blast with up to 30+ foot seas. They left the forward pool open most days and the water level varied roughly +- 3 feet and we had our own wave pool. I slept like a baby on that trip.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We are sailing Reflection out of Ft. Lauderdale this Sunday.  This, being Florida, will probably mean sporadic showers during boarding and sailing.  The rest of our cruise looks great weather-wise.  Thank you for posting! 

I'm just watching a talk that James gave (July 2022) and he did mention that he tracks the RCG's 60 ships. RCI only has 24 ships so he must provide (maybe not directly) forecasts and advisements to Celebrity and others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YensidCA said:

2.5m seas would cancel a port?  Really. 

As for Tasmania, have spent many weeks there. 40kt winds are not unusual.

Just has 3.5m seas from Cartagena Colombia to FLL.  Rocked me to sleep.