New website.

Riocca

1 minute ago, islandwoman said:

"In the next couple of weeks" won't work for me.  I'm sailing (I hope) in less than a week.  They claim that "Our immediate focus is to prioritize guests with upcoming sailings in the next 45 days so that your questions and concerns are answered prior to boarding" but after 5 forms and multiple emails, the only answers I get are boiler plates that don't even come close to addressing my issues. After I explained that I was due to sail on May 5, they repeated that the system should be operational by the end of May and that they were concentrating on sailings within 45 days.

Sorry to hear that and can’t imagine your frustration. Let us know how it works out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripgalrf said:

Sorry to hear that and can’t imagine your frustration. Let us know how it works out.

Will do.  That is, if I can get my Loyalty status restored so that I can get the Wi-Fi discount.

• Like 2

We were on the Azamara Pursuit (April 15-24th).  Had a fantastic time, comparable to our pre-COVID cruises.  Service onboard was excellent and we were happy to see crew members we had previously met.  Boarding was smooth and quick.  The correct OBC amount was reflected on our account -- our "debt" was gone.  Indian buffet was awesome.

But we have not received the post-cruise survey, unlike in previous Azamara cruises.  Can't provide our feedback nor acknowledge staff members who went the extra mile.  How do I do this?  Ms. Cabezas's two emails don't provide a way to communicate with her.  Calling the line for help, as I learned before the cruise, isn't an option.

Our itinerary changed three days before we boarded. The two overnights in Haifa and Ashdod were changed to an overnight in Alexandria and stops in Rhodes and Hagia Nikolaos (Crete).  Fortunately we booked an overnight private tour to visit Cairo before we left home.  The ship's tour options, unavailable until we boarded, were limited and some passengers weren't able to book tours for the two days in Egypt.  

At the end of the cruise we learned that everyone will get 15% OBC of the cruise price paid in compensation for the change of itinerary.  I've saved the OBC letter and all screenshots about our loyalty level and points for future reference/discussion. Not making another booking until everything is sorted.

The canceled Israel tours have not been credited to my credit card.  That is what the port cancellation letter stated Azamara would do.  Thus, I've made a claim to be sorted out between Azamara and the bank.

In sum, fantastic cruise despite the itinerary change.  Got to see the pyramids!  But the website and customer support sides of the experience have been very disappointing.  Not a way to attract new customer nor to retain the current ones.

8F497830-8A0F-4C54-8E40-A5CF72C3444F.heic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

Our immediate focus is to prioritize guests with upcoming sailings in the next 45 days

Except, there is no designated phone line for short term embarkations, and no special email address for those sailing before June 15.  So it’s still a matter of “trust us to fix your errors before you sail.”  We’re departing in 33 days, and it’s no easier for us to contact AZ than for anyone else caught in this transition sh**show.

• Like 6

Special Thanks to those who have posted a copy of recent updated Aza emails for those of us who have had NO correspondence/response. Keep them coming.

My last email received was March 22 so I was left completely in the dark til now. Info updates should be public on their website like most cruiselines, not just for select customers but likely they don't want to scare away any new bookings.

So sad for the folks leaving soon with no resolve! That is horrible in what should be a wonderful, memorable experience to look forward to. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

My onboard credit shows towards the bottom of the reservation page. It’s a bit misleading as it says $150 Shore Excursions Credit, but below it says Quantity 2 - I take it that means we both have $150, which is $300 in total. That’s what I expected.56400AE6-E036-479B-86A3-5C1727060FFD.thumb.jpeg.b60c4f27e071865f78df155af1106eb4.jpeg

I have been unable to find my OBC. Where exactly on the website did you find it? Thanks

1 hour ago, Dididi said:

We were on the Azamara Pursuit (April 15-24th).  Had a fantastic time, comparable to our pre-COVID cruises.  Service onboard was excellent and we were happy to see crew members we had previously met.  Boarding was smooth and quick.  The correct OBC amount was reflected on our account -- our "debt" was gone.  Indian buffet was awesome.

But we have not received the post-cruise survey, unlike in previous Azamara cruises.  Can't provide our feedback nor acknowledge staff members who went the extra mile.  How do I do this?  Ms. Cabezas's two emails don't provide a way to communicate with her.  Calling the line for help, as I learned before the cruise, isn't an option.

Our itinerary changed three days before we boarded. The two overnights in Haifa and Ashdod were changed to an overnight in Alexandria and stops in Rhodes and Hagia Nikolaos (Crete).  Fortunately we booked an overnight private tour to visit Cairo before we left home.  The ship's tour options, unavailable until we boarded, were limited and some passengers weren't able to book tours for the two days in Egypt.  

At the end of the cruise we learned that everyone will get 15% OBC of the cruise price paid in compensation for the change of itinerary.  I've saved the OBC letter and all screenshots about our loyalty level and points for future reference/discussion. Not making another booking until everything is sorted.

The canceled Israel tours have not been credited to my credit card.  That is what the port cancellation letter stated Azamara would do.  Thus, I've made a claim to be sorted out between Azamara and the bank.

In sum, fantastic cruise despite the itinerary change.  Got to see the pyramids!  But the website and customer support sides of the experience have been very disappointing.  Not a way to attract new customer nor to retain the current ones.

8F497830-8A0F-4C54-8E40-A5CF72C3444F.heic 2.29 MB · 8 downloads

Appreciate you taking the time to write this out. Very helpful and I have a better sense of what to prepare for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Will do.  That is, if I can get my Loyalty status restored so that I can get the Wi-Fi discount.

Why do you think your loyalty level needs to be restored to get your wifi discount?  It's just website accounting. You haven't lost your level. The ship will know what status you have and will act accordingly with your benefits. Or if not you can sort it out there.  I think you are worrying unnecessarily. 

Phil 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I can see my OBC for a cruise 600 plus days out under ADD ONS section of the Manage MY reservation section.

We're sailing in June, and I don't see my OBC, nor any way to purchase excursions/packages/etc. despite being paid in full. See screenshot below from "Manage My Reservation" - I have no "pencil icons" to click. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.36.13 AM.png

7 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

We're sailing in June, and I don't see my OBC, nor any way to purchase excursions/packages/etc. despite being paid in full. See screenshot below from "Manage My Reservation" - I have no "pencil icons" to click. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Everything is very inconsistent!  I have a sailing in June, also.  I have the pencil icon, but can not see OBC balance for that sailing, but can see it for cruise 600 plus days out.  I don’t know how you can fix this other than filling out the support form.  maybe try clearing your cookies out and rebooting? try another browser?  We are just left to try to do it ourselves.  Not impressed at this point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

The email from Carol Cabezas said that you can only buy excursions by credit card online. If you want to use OBC you need to wait until you get onboard

We are leaving in 3 days for Singapore, wishing all of this mess had been cleaned up long ago.  I am glad all our tours are private and I don't have to rely on these guys to get things right.  We did book the Azamazing evening in Colombo long ago and it is showing.

I hope everything works out for everyone who is booked for later this year and next.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We are leaving in 3 days for Singapore, wishing all of this mess had been cleaned up long ago.  I am glad all our tours are private and I don't have to rely on these guys to get things right.  We did book the Azamazing evening in Colombo long ago and it is showing.

I hope everything works out for everyone who is booked for later this year and next.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Hope you have a great trip.

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The ship will know what status you have and will act accordingly with your benefits. Or if not you can sort it out there

Of course, that is true.

But if… there are many who have the same problem it is likely to cause people to spend unspecified time dealing with 'admin' once on board.

If Azamara had dealt with this transfer (which they knew was inevitable as soon as the deal with the purchasers was signed) in a competent timely manner, this would not be necessary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

Same here!  I don't understand why some people have access and some people do not!

The mere fact that this thread about the Azamara WEBSITE drama is now on "page" 37 is proof enough that "something's rotten in the state of Azamara" - unnecessary and absolutely (at least in large part) avoidable drama, which reeks of extreme incompetence at the highest level of the organization. How else can one explain that after FINALLY another message from the top earlier this week, that said message needed to be followed up by another email to explain the original message a short while later. The average girls-scout cookie sale in the United State is better organized and executed than this IT implementation and data migration. At least I am happy to report that my personal issue (overcharge of $3,214.20) has been partially resolved to the tune of $2,200.00 and both myself and my TA are waiting with bated breath to see completion of the resolution.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The email from Carol Cabezas said that you can only buy excursions by credit card online. If you want to use OBC you need to wait until you get onboard

My main issue is that I can't even see the excursions/packages, or the OBC. Yet in Ms. Cabezas' most recent email, she claims: "Currently, all guests can book shore excursions directly on Azamara.com . . . " which my experience (and apparently others) is simply still wrong. Book them? I can't even see them!

• Like 6

Jeez, looking to find and book a cruise today, website opened up as special offer from 1st June......2nd passenger half price and $750 OBC, sounds good so examined a couple of cruises,but...come to process a booking that  reverts to up to $500 OBC, to quote an across the pond saying, What Gives??

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

Jeez, looking to find and book a cruise today, website opened up as special offer from 1st June......2nd passenger half price and $750 OBC, sounds good so examined a couple of cruises,but...come to process a booking that  reverts to up to $500 OBC, to quote an across the pond saying, What Gives??

Ran into the same problem trying to look at a possible cruise to book. The "Continue" button stopped working on the # of passengers page!

12 hours ago, mackfam said:

I have tried to search for cruises on their website and nothing happens when I select destination and date range. Is this part of the ongoing issues or am I doing something wrong?

You have to then go back up & click Search after entering destination and date range

13 hours ago, CHTobi said:

The mere fact that this thread about the Azamara WEBSITE drama is now on "page" 37 is proof enough that "something's rotten in the state of Azamara" - unnecessary and absolutely (at least in large part) avoidable drama, which reeks of extreme incompetence at the highest level of the organization. How else can one explain that after FINALLY another message from the top earlier this week, that said message needed to be followed up by another email to explain the original message a short while later. The average girls-scout cookie sale in the United State is better organized and executed than this IT implementation and data migration. At least I am happy to report that my personal issue (overcharge of $3,214.20) has been partially resolved to the tune of $2,200.00 and both myself and my TA are waiting with bated breath to see completion of the resolution.

I think a lot of the drama is more to do with individuals than the website. And I do have a horse in the race. I'm trying to use my FCC at the moment. My status and points were wrong (but are now fixed).  Just have to stick with it and I'll get there. I know Azamara are not trying to fiddle me.  

Phil 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Nuts4pi said:

Ran into the same problem trying to look at a possible cruise to book. The "Continue" button stopped working on the # of passengers page!

The website is clearly delineated between the "Azamara" part and the Versionix "Seaware" part - the join being where you start the booking, specifying number of passengers and cabins.  A career in IT and 5 minutes research tells me that the booking engine is almost certainly completely outsourced to Versonix, running "in the cloud" and providing "software as a service".  Reservation management should be bread and butter, utterly standard, faultless execution, for Versonix.  They have dozens of other customers and should be all over it like a rash, for their reputation in the industry is at stake here.

Putting all the data migration issues aside - for example a new booking by a new customer - should work flawlessly.  The fact that it doesn't is an indication that the problems are much more deep seated than a poor-quality data transfer.

• Like 6