cabins deck 7 rear of ship

Nana4x

In December 2022 we were in 7135 on the Marina - the penthouse on the starboard aft corner of the ship. We didn't notice any engine noise, but there seemed to be a bit more vibration than in cabins closer to midship.  The vibration was especially noticeable when docking - sort of a shake to wake start of the day. However, we would definitely take that location again if we could get it.

Just a note that no one has sailed on Vista yet, so we really don't know, but historically most ships will have some vibration at the aft. It appears that the Allura class is very much like the O class, so it should be similar. I don't really know if they are the same mechanically, but probably are. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ORV said:

So was your food not warm because it takes so long to get it to the back of the dining room? 

LOL I doubt that is why it might be not as hot as they like

Usually if food is delivered cold or luck warm is because it came out of kitchen that way.

Though sometimes one wonders about the Princesses and their peas on these issues.

Wife and I spent 10 nights on Riviera (12/2021) in an A4 Cabin, 9136. Deck 9. Very far aft. The only two rooms further after were 9138 (Penthouse Suite 3) and 9147 (an Owner's Suite). NO VIBRATION ISSUES for us. AND the TC is on Deck 12!

Didn't have any such vibration issues eating aft under the stars in the TC on Sirena (another 10 nights, 11/2022) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acrusa said:

LOL I doubt that is why it might be not as hot as they like

Usually if food is delivered cold or luck warm is because it came out of kitchen that way.

or it sits on the wait station until someone figures out what table it belongs to

I have never had HOT food on O unless you are standing right there  when it come off the grill

We were on the Rivera in August 2022. 2 cabins from the end B3 extended balcony deck 7. HOWEVER worse vibration of any cruise ship we have ever been on when Docking or setting sail. We were literally shaken awake every morning. Our adult children were 3 cabins up and they experienced the same issue. On the plus side we were always up early and had many leisurely breakfasts. I cannot say we were bothered by the shaking during  sail away, instead it became a joke. We are quite easy going.

The couple in the Penthouse next door were very unhappy. They were a lovely couple, they just felt they had not got a good cabin and wish they had been warned before hand.

On the Vista the position of our cabin is a Penthouse. 
The Vista has not yet sailed so no one will be able to give you a definite answer. 

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

or it sits on the wait station until someone figures out what table it belongs to

I have never had HOT food on O unless you are standing right there  when it come off the grill

Yes like lox eggs and onions in. The morning for breakfast 

Have not been fortunate enough to be able to book an aft cabin on Oceania. Hard to find one available.  But.... on other cruise lines, especially an aft wrap that we were able to book, are the best at sea. Vibration was so bad at times that I thought glasses would fall off the table. Totally worth it for the view though. Depends on what would be important to you. 

• Like 2

I would prefer to have the extended balcony and choose B3 deck 7 aft on all 4 of the O cruises(3 on Marina, 1 on Riviera) I have been on. The vibration is only bad when docking and setting sail. It’s a good alarm clock in the morning and I’m usually not in my cabin when setting sail.

We've been in a rear Concierge cabin on Regatta. We liked the extra balcony space, but didn't like the solid railing, which restricted views when sitting. Most balconies on the sides of the ship also have 180-degree unobstructed views, plus railings you can see through. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 4:55 AM, Travrat said:

I would prefer to have the extended balcony and choose B3 deck 7 aft on all 4 of the O cruises(3 on Marina, 1 on Riviera) I have been on. The vibration is only bad when docking and setting sail. It’s a good alarm clock in the morning and I’m usually not in my cabin when setting sail.

Did you have any problem with noise from the main dining room below you.

thanks,

Lenbro

We were in 7128 on Marina earlier this year.  Yes, there was vibration, but that happens aft no matter what deck you are on.  We had no real issues with it -- yes, it woke us, but many times we were able to get back to sleep after the docking portion was over.  Keeping the pillows away from the headboard seemed to decrease the feel of the vibration some.  

It was so acceptable to us that we have booked the very back cabin (with the balcony on two sides of the room) for our next cruise.

On 2/7/2023 at 3:24 PM, kreastman said:

We've been in a rear Concierge cabin on Regatta. We liked the extra balcony space, but didn't like the solid railing, which restricted views when sitting. Most balconies on the sides of the ship also have 180-degree unobstructed views, plus railings you can see through. 

you don't see both sides of ship. You are correct about railings.

• Like 1

When they’re available and I can afford it, I ALWAYS try to get aft-facing balconies.  Alaska, the Panama Canal, Norwegian fjords—the unobstructed views are worth their weight in gold. I have never had the soot, vibration or other problematic issues that have been mentioned by others.  

For our first cruise on Oceania (after dozens on Princess and Carnival), we snagged cabin 7116 on Sirena from Aruba to Barcelona.  I am looking forward to seeing my feet and the wake of the ship for long stretches of time. . . TBH, it never occurred to me NOT to grab this cabin.  

• Like 2