Hobbes67

On 2/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, that said:

This is princesspromotions “scam” sales

Not legit from Princess Cruises

Tip off

princess.com

NOT

princesscruises.com

Caller ID on mine said "Princess Cruises Medallion Experts.

princesspromotions.com is not a Princess domain according to whois. It appears to be a phishing site. In addition it uses a certificate authority that is not used by legitimate Princess web sites.

Also the phone number in the tweet in comment #53 is dubious according to a google search of the number Remember Musk fired the team at twitter that ensures security so it is possible someone has illegitimate access to the twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, brisalta said:

princesspromotions.com is not a Princess domain according to whois. It appears to be a phishing site. In addition it uses a certificate authority that is not used by legitimate Princess web sites.

Also the phone number in the tweet in comment #53 is dubious according to a google search of the number Remember Musk fired the team at twitter that ensures security so it is possible someone has illegitimate access to the twitter account.

Thank you @brisaltafor bringing this to our attention.

With just a little searching I found:

The domain originates in France, on the surface. Registered in NY.  
It is a real domain but who owns it?  Not Princess.  Started in 1999.  Phone number on the registry is in France.

This website does not have any way to contact them on the website. Only a front page with the only way to enter…

email and password…real red flag 🚩 

Whomever recently entered their Princess credentials on this website and said nothing happened….I would encourage you to change your pw on the Princess website.  Another Red flag 🚩 

It seems to me someone has our information from PCL accounts, maybe a TA or past TA or a hacker and phishing for more.

I don’t care what someone on FB said, that FB security has been breached many times, maybe more so now. 

Just beware.  I think anyone that has any knowledge of possible scams…absolutely should warn others.

Princess has been notified and also Google by other concerned CC members.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Didn't we hear of a Princess/Carnival security breach a couple years back?  Of course, that may not explain the fact that they *seem* to have current info on cruising history & such...but possibly because people tend to NEVER change passwords?

Yes over a 4 month period, data breach

April-July 2019.  PCL and HAL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Didn't we hear of a Princess/Carnival security breach a couple years back?

Yes. I guess they thought my account had been hacked and have provided monitoring from ProtectMyId for at least a year. I believe it was given by HAL but have never cruised with them.. We have had our "accounts" locked down for years with all of the credit reporting companies and get immediate e-mails for anything charged to any of our charge cards. We try to stay vigilant but there is always someone out there looking to take what is not theirs...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, suzyed said:

Caller ID on mine said "Princess Cruises Medallion Experts.

There have been other threads on the subject that basically said:

o The company that Princess uses to answer phoned in questions about the Medallion and the App is also a Travel Agent.

o As both a TA and answering Medallion questions, they have access (like any TA would) to information about you on the Princess computers.

o The offer may be legit, but it is no bargain.

o It is a promotion made by this TA, not by Princess.

Threat this as you would any cold call from a Travel Agent.

On 2/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, Jeter02 said:

So I did an experiment, not sure if it was coincidental or not, but I had my phone powered off for a while, knowing what time this guy was calling back. I'm talking about an hour Prior and after to the time he said he would call back.

As soon aa I powered my phone back on, I kidd you not, he called the moment my phone powered on. I ignored it and he called back 3 times in a row 🤔 Whats the odds of that happening like that. 

I just got my call last night from that outfit. 

While I've been sort of reading this thread I haven't really paid much attention to the details until now. 

After telling them I wasn't interested in traveling to other places that included an overnight stay they said I was the first person they've heard of that said that. Also, they had all by details from the Princess web site, like past cruises, days accumulated, FCC's future cruises planned, etc. Either Princess has sold them all of our personal information or the Princess web site has been hacked.

Got my call a few minutes ago.  Asked what it was about, which instead of answering they proceeded to rattle off my current Captains Club statistics.  At which point I told them that they were out of time and I was not interested.

23 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Didn't we hear of a Princess/Carnival security breach a couple years back?  Of course, that may not explain the fact that they *seem* to have current info on cruising history & such...but possibly because people tend to NEVER change passwords?

They did have current info...knew both of the last two cruises we were on and what kind of cabin we had.

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

They did have current info...knew both of the last two cruises we were on and what kind of cabin we had.

Yep, strange. That's why I let her ramble on longer than I should have.

• Like 1

After reading this thread, I now realize I received the same call. It was a man with a British accent from an Arizona phone number. He left a voicemail saying he was offering a special package for Elite members. I was not about to call back. If it turns out to be legit, Princess should make it known that it is safe and from them. I know that princess responded on Facebook as pictured above, but it still makes me nervous.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

If it turns out to be legit, Princess should make it known that it is safe and from them. 

Well that's the whole point here...it is NOT from them (directly).

Just look at their main page.  All you can do is "sign in".  To me this looks just like a typical phishing scam.  Why can you not browse their site to "look around"?

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well that's the whole point here...it is NOT from them (directly).

Just look at their main page.  All you can do is "sign in".  To me this looks just like a typical phishing scam.  Why can you not browse their site to "look around"?

It’s just a front.  No contact us and sign in only..  could  be a phishing site.

But, PCL needs to address this.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s just a front.  No contact us and sign in only..  could  be a phishing site.

But, PCL needs to address this.

My point exactly!  No legit "consumer" website is going to be completely devoid of "About Us" or "Contact Us".

• Like 1

I did get an email back from my PVP.  He states that yes it is legit, being done out of a different office in the UK.  

I did pass on the concerns with how they are making contact.  He said that he did pass the concerns on to management.

On 2/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you @brisaltafor bringing this to our attention.

With just a little searching I found:

The domain originates in France, on the surface. Registered in NY.  
It is a real domain but who owns it?  Not Princess.  Started in 1999.  Phone number on the registry is in France.

This website does not have any way to contact them on the website. Only a front page with the only way to enter…

email and password…real red flag 🚩 

Whomever recently entered their Princess credentials on this website and said nothing happened….I would encourage you to change your pw on the Princess website.  Another Red flag 🚩 

It seems to me someone has our information from PCL accounts, maybe a TA or past TA or a hacker and phishing for more.

I don’t care what someone on FB said, that FB security has been breached many times, maybe more so now. 

Just beware.  I think anyone that has any knowledge of possible scams…absolutely should warn others.

Princess has been notified and also Google by other concerned CC members.