Room Service still shows as "Complementarity" in the app.

TwoBeAtSea

As of last night the Celebrity app still shows room service as being complimentary during normal hours.  Is the service fee already in place and the app is out of date or does it only apply to trips booked after the January change?  

519218351_Roomservice-Copy.png.e2a5ce6aa969a497c43dacfcad062e78.png

Just now, jelayne said:

The service charge is in place and it shows in the app for our upcoming cruises on the Summit and Edge.

Interesting.  My cruise is on the Equinox in September and as you see, for me it still says complimentary.  

1 minute ago, TwoBeAtSea said:

Interesting.  My cruise is on the Equinox in September and as you see, for me it still says complimentary.  

Not all that interesting. The app is typically not accurate until embarkation day.

• Like 1

What room type are you in?  

1 hour ago, TwoBeAtSea said:

Like others have said I believe at this point it is just a place holder.   I checked the current sailing and showing the surcharge.    They app usually is not accurate until 1-2 weeks prior to sailing.

1 hour ago, TwoBeAtSea said:

I just recently got off the equinox and the room service menu in the cabin shows the $9.95 surcharge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holly g said:

Just off the Edge. Morning continental breakfast is included but if you order eggs, bacon, sausage or anything hot it is $9.95 per cabin. Lunch, dinner or anything else is also $9.95 plus 20% gratuity. 

Thanks for the datapoint, do you recall if the $9.95 was mentioned in the app?

On 2/5/2023 at 11:05 AM, TwoBeAtSea said:

Leaving on Equinox this week so checked the app and the fee is there, unfortunately.  21D129D1-BAE3-48E8-8476-D7D3EF14D500.thumb.jpeg.b72020d8651941e85de9a9fc6ff93035.jpeg

1 minute ago, Guppy99 said:

I'm fairly sure it's been stated, multiple times, that the app is frequently incorrect until just prior to boarding.

Maybe they should write at the top something like “Not final, there may be modifications”…Who am I kidding, only 1% would notice 

• Haha 1

Problem solved.  Checked the website today and the cruise was $400 less than when I booked it so I called (waited on hold for 40min) and they reduced my balance by $400.  That'll pay for a lot of room service. 

• Like 1

You can’t trust the app. Room service still showed free for us right up until we got on the ship.

Menus kept changing also. A few weeks prior to embarkation prime rib showed on night one. The night before embarking prime rib was moved to night nine. Once onboard prime rib was removed entirely and never reappeared. 

On 2/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, Holly g said:

Just off the Edge. Morning continental breakfast is included but if you order eggs, bacon, sausage or anything hot it is $9.95 per cabin. Lunch, dinner or anything else is also $9.95 plus 20% gratuity. 

Hope it was really hot as on the Beyond in a suite all the hot food was not that hot .. maybe with less people ordering it will be hot .. bit for 10 dollars I will walk buffet 🙂