blue tooth speakers on the balcony

StormySeas

7 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I'm seeing this a lot more (hearing this a lot more?) on airplanes now these days as well.

Too many people have decided that they can just do whatever they please.  It is something that seems to cut across all demographic lines. 

Edited by TexasRon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasRon said:

Too many people have decided that they can just do whatever they please.  It is something that seems to cut across all demographic lines. 

Agreed. I guess I'm just too aware that I am not more important than anyone else and don't have the right to interfere with other's enjoyment of the surroundings.  It always amazes me that these people have friends.   Also, how can you go through life having to have blaring music all the time?    We had people on the balcony next to us on Jewel on the first leg of our b2b who would have friends over and talk very loudly.  Sound carries really well at sea.   Another reality is, if you're sitting in your car having a phone conversation over bluetooth, everyone outside your car can hear your conversation.  I've heard many in parking lots and even sitting at traffic lights.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I think it’s fine as long as it’s at a low level

Sorry, but I simply don't agree.  If you can hear it and I'm in the balcony next to you, then I can probably also hear it.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

Especially in the MDR. I know you have to keep them occupied, but I have no desire to listen to the music that goes along with their game. It's so annoying. 

when raising my children I managed to keep them occupied, while teaching them social skills and manners without the use of electronics.

IMO…….parents are missing some important teachable moments by giving these children devices instead of taking the time to interact with them….

• Like 5

11 hours ago, dappledumpling said:

I personally listen to music on my balcony.. Sometimes with headsets.. sometimes with my Speakers.  I try to be considerate of my neighbors and keep it quiet. When I see my neighbors in the hall I let them know if you hear my music please let me know..  Now if you are loud obnoxious on your balcony.. all bets are off.. But my goal is to relax.... and not stress anyone while I'm chillin

Interesting take, I see what you're saying and I don't have a problem with it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mek said:

Sorry, but I simply don't agree.  If you can hear it and I'm in the balcony next to you, then I can probably also hear it.

Yeah you’re on a ship with 5000 other people, you’re not going to get radio silence outside of your cabin. But I’m my opinion if I have to strain to hear the neighbor’s music that’s not an issue

Edited by hotsauce126
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, snoozer of the seas said:

On another note; those who want to have a couples argument on the balcony, please speak loud and clearly and provide enough back story so we can judge. Thank you for your consideration.

Just for clarification, if a couple on the balcony is NOT fighting, do you prefer loud or silent?  Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 2

Guest phd1003
1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Just for clarification, if a couple on the balcony is NOT fighting, do you prefer loud or silent?  Asking for a friend. 

If your loud enough, You might get a standing "O"

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

This seems like why you'd go to GS first.  

That was my first move - I did call them the very first time it happened.  GS is who sent security to this idiot's room.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 7:11 PM, GTO-Girl said:

when raising my children I managed to keep them occupied, while teaching them social skills and manners without the use of electronics.

IMO…….parents are missing some important teachable moments by giving these children devices instead of taking the time to interact with them….

There were no electronics when my kids were little. I think it's too easy to use electronics to distract little ones now, but what the parents don't acknowledge is the disruption to others in a public setting.

• Like 2

Hmmm.  All this discussion makes me wonder if the radio frequency jammer I bought years ago for some research will work against BluTooth.  Time to rebuild my faraday cage and test it out.  It would be interesting to see folks reactions when their bluetooth speakers stop playing their music and they can't figure out why. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest phd1003
9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Time to rebuild my faraday cage and test it out.

Why would you disassemble it in this geo-political atmosphere...I'd build more and bigger

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Hmmm.  All this discussion makes me wonder if the radio frequency jammer I bought years ago for some research will work against BluTooth.  Time to rebuild my faraday cage and test it out.  It would be interesting to see folks reactions when their bluetooth speakers stop playing their music and they can't figure out why. 

As the ship starts violently zigzagging and rocking side-to-side😲😟🤢🤮  during your first test onboard and the lights begin to dim:

May I suggest you sing acapella, as loud as you can, on the balcony, 'We be Jammin'(Bob Marley) as you flick the power switch for dramatic effect. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

As the ship starts violently zigzagging and rocking side-to-side😲😟🤢🤮  during your first test onboard and the lights begin to dim:

May I suggest you sing acapella, as loud as you can, on the balcony, 'We be Jammin'(Bob Marley) as you flick the power switch for dramatic effect. 🤣

That sounds like fun, except the choice of the song.  I'd be signing me some "Whiskey for my me, Beer for my horses"  with emphasis on "'Cause justice is the one thing you should always find"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Those jammers were and are illegal. I doubt that they would work block Bluetooth. They are designed to block cell frequencies which are very different. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Those jammers were and are illegal. I doubt that they would work block Bluetooth. They are designed to block cell frequencies which are very different. 

"Not to worry man, we will wait until we are twelve miles out before using it," 🤣

The cruise lines have a hard time finding smokers on balconies which are visible and make smoke. I cannot picture them with a directional Yagi antenna in the hallways playing fox-n-hound catching @DaKahuna with his magic box.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2023 at 3:23 PM, StormySeas said:

Has anyone had trouble with a neighbor playing music on a speaker too loud on their balcony? I love to hear the ocean. not your music. is there a rule or is it just common courtesy to leave your speaker in your room? if we are disturbed by someone's music, do we report it or try to resolve it ourselves? opinions?

People should utilize ear buds if they wish to listen to THEIR music in open air spaces.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, baileybrad said:

People should utilize ear buds if they wish to listen to THEIR music in open air spaces.

I believe most do it on purpose. They want some kind of attention. People drive around here with music blasting out of their cars. Not even decent music…..

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, jbrinkm said:

I'm seeing this a lot more (hearing this a lot more?) on airplanes now these days as well.

My wife and I are seemingly unicorns.   The only ones who bring coloring books and activities for our kids.  No tablets, no phones.   It’s so unhealthy for them.  Watching other parents shove a phone in a small kids face is really hard for me to watch.  Just sad.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I believe most do it on purpose. They want some kind of attention. People drive around here with music blasting out of their cars. Not even decent music…..

Probably true for younger folks.   Seen plenty of this on last couple cruises.  

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

OMG! I just realized I become the old grumpy guy who complained about my sound system forty years ago!  😮

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am well aware that mine is illegal.  I have only used it for research and in controlled environments, e.g. faraday cage. 

Bluetooth operates at 2.4Ghz the same as WiFi however, Bluetooth uses something akin to spread spectrum and has built in protection methods against jamming.  There are ways to effectively play my signal instead of theirs thereby having their speakers play what I want them to play and with the right equipement I am pretty sure I could prevent the speakers from receiving any signal from any device. 

However, that being said, it's a nice thought.  Even with two free bags, up to 70-lbs each on United, I'll be damned if I want to spend my cruise dealing with someone else's loud music.  I'll just keep complaining to Guest Services and any officers I meet onboard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2