Lobster Warning

rmalbers

2 hours ago, bassethounddog said:

No response so far from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. 

I thought you were being funny...

42 minutes ago, Shipswap said:

Thankyou on behalf of all of us here for submitting the photo.

It’s really no surprise to see that it has been ignored. But oh, wouldn’t it have been amazing if she had stepped up and stated that the lobster entree wasn’t up to Celebrity standards!  
Unfortunately,that kind of leadership isn’t seen very often these days.

Apparently not. Are you two so out of touch with reality that you think a CEO of a major corp with millions of customers is going to respond to your complaint that the lobster isn't big enough? You must be delusional. If she did respond, I would think she was totally incompetent. that would most certainly NOT be a display of good leadership.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

I thought you were being funny...

Apparently not. Are you two so out of touch with reality that you think a CEO of a major corp with millions of customers is going to respond to your complaint that the lobster isn't big enough? You must be delusional. If she did respond, I would think she was totally incompetent. that would most certainly NOT be a display of good leadership.

Lisa doesn't. She delegates that job. I like others have Emailed Lisa and someone from her office (executiveoffice@celebrity.com) has always contacted me by phone and Email in a timely manner answering my question(s). The latest was earlier this week by Email I sent late last week. I believe that @bassethounddog and @Shipswapare looking/waiting for a response from a representative from Lisa's office. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shipswap said:

Thankyou on behalf of all of us here for submitting the photo.

It’s really no surprise to see that it has been ignored. But oh, wouldn’t it have been amazing if she had stepped up and stated that the lobster entree wasn’t up to Celebrity standards!  
Unfortunately,that kind of leadership isn’t seen very often these days.

Well, technically, you don't really know that she hasn't reacted.  That photo might have already been sent to the F&B head honcho with directions to correct the issue. I know that back in the day, when I was on an executive committee, we'd discuss customer issues together and responsibility to correct, would be given to the specific person in charge of that area. They'd also be responsible (if necessary) to reach out to the customer.  I doubt the CEO has time or desire to respond personally to every email. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Lisa doesn't. She delegates that job. I like others have Emailed Lisa and someone from her office (executiveoffice@celebrity.com) has always contacted me by phone and Email in a timely manner answering my question(s). The latest was earlier this week by Email I sent late last week. I believe that @bassethounddog and @Shipswapare looking/waiting for a response from a representative from Lisa's office. 

I previously ran customer service for a nationwide online service, over a million members across the country.  I'm well aware that any response would come from someone else. I don't think the two people I addressed  know that. Also, there simply is no good response to be given that will satisfy them. It's ridiculous.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I think the high school students in LLP's office responding to Emails are busy taking midterms this week.  So people might need to wait a few days for a response.😊

55 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I think the high school students in LLP's office responding to Emails are busy taking midterms this week.  So people might need to wait a few days for a response.😊

While then maybe the high school kids running the IT department can take over, I heard they go to a different high school than the office kids. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

I previously ran customer service for a nationwide online service, over a million members across the country.  I'm well aware that any response would come from someone else. I don't think the two people I addressed  know that. Also, there simply is no good response to be given that will satisfy them. It's ridiculous.

Here is a good response that would satisfy: 

"I am very sorry that Celebrity fell so short by providing a ridiculously small lobster tail coupled with an unattractive blob of white rice and a single stalk of broccoli.  It clearly isn't the kind of meal experience we here at Celebrity promoted and that you believed you were paying for when you entrusted us with your hard earned money.  We will seek to do much better in the future and again apologize for taking your money and providing far less than what we promote."

Edited by randomcruise
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, randomcruise said:

"I am very sorry that Celebrity fell so short by providing a ridiculously small lobster tail coupled with an unattractive blob of white rice and a single stalk of broccoli.  It clearly isn't the kind of meal experience we here at Celebrity promoted and that you believed you were paying for when you entrusted us with your hard earned money.  We will seek to do much better in the future and again apologize for taking your money and providing far less than what we promote."

in your dreams maybe

16 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Stoneharborlady should be more upset by the filthy plate her lobster was served on.   The other half of the plate has sauce smeared all over it or was something else on this plate?

The plate was not dirty. The lobster tail was presented in the shell where the smear is located. The waiter immediately removed the meat from the shell and placed it where you see it in the photo. The shell was then removed by the waiter. However, a little piece of the shell (by the rice) is still on the plate. I waited until the waiter left the area before taking the photo. 

Edited by bassethounddog
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, randomcruise said:

Yes good response.  Or  - "Kelly Hoppen and Nate Berkus have recommended these smaller portions and we do everything they say".

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, manmachine said:

Ummm… one quick Google search for wholesale lobster and you can buy right now 40 4 ounce tails for $219.00.  That’s $5.19 per tail. 

what price do you think I can get if I commit to thousands per month?

Why stop with just lobster tails? For example, our drink of choice is domestic beer. Around the holidays and things like the Super Bowl, they have it on a real sale. The week before the Super Bowl I was able to get it for $.58 per serving, tax included, vs the normal being $.74. This is per case price, no minimum but a maximum of five. For the quantities the lines buy, on a regular basis, thy probably get a better price than that year around. We don’t buy it on the ship but I think it sells for about $9 including tip, before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

Why stop with just lobster tails? For example, our drink of choice is domestic beer. Around the holidays and things like the Super Bowl, they have it on a real sale. The week before the Super Bowl I was able to get it for $.58 per serving, tax included, vs the normal being $.74. This is per case price, no minimum but a maximum of five. For the quantities the lines buy, on a regular basis, thy probably get a better price than that year around. We don’t buy it on the ship but I think it sells for about $9 including tip, before the pandemic.

Yes indeed I agree with your point:  Celebrity isn’t losing money on anything they serve us to eat or drink, that is for certain.

What they pay for their labor is far below the US too so profit margins are higher.

I stay in midtown Manhattan in a 1BR suite for $350 a night (covers both of us) and our food isn’t more than $300 a day either.  So why Celebrity thinks they can charge what they are trying to charge now and then lower the quality is a mystery to me.

Edited by manmachine

On 2/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, countess5 said:

Need to find a new cruise line

Cheers

We cruised RCI, MSC, Celebrity and NCL last year. They are all cutting back on the food quality, selection, amount, presentation, etc. In fact, NCL now has one menu, the same menu, for each night. It does not change at all. 

RCI now has different theme menus each night and selections have been reduced.

So, don't think you are getting more when you change cruise lines. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, manmachine said:

Yes indeed I agree with your point:  Celebrity isn’t losing money on anything they serve us to eat or drink, that is for certain.

What they pay for their labor is far below the US too so profit margins are higher.

I stay in midtown Manhattan in a 1BR suite for $350 a night (covers both of us) and our food isn’t more than $300 a day either.  So why Celebrity thinks they can charge what they are trying to charge now and then lower the quality is a mystery to me.

Not really a mystery honestly.  Royal Caribbean Group is $billions in debt and large cash outflows for new ships.  That does not excuse poor quality.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, manmachine said:

you 're analysis is flawed in numerous ways. You have no idea how the finances for the cruise industry in general and Celebrity specifically works. Even if you are a share holder, attend shareholder meetings and pour over the financial reports, you still will not have clue as to the key drivers of the business and the impact of the recent pandemic. If you find there is not sufficient vale...please just go elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

you 're analysis is flawed in numerous ways. You have no idea how the finances for the cruise industry in general and Celebrity specifically works. Even if you are a share holder, attend shareholder meetings and pour over the financial reports, you still will not have clue as to the key drivers of the business and the impact of the recent pandemic. If you find there is not sufficient vale...please just go elsewhere. 

My analysis is simple:  Celebrity is drastically lowering quality and drastically raising prices everywhere it can.

Simple, really.

Any flaws to be found are with Celebrity’s recipe for mediocrity while posing as exceptional. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Not really a mystery honestly.  Royal Caribbean Group is $billions in debt and large cash outflows for new ships.  That does not excuse poor quality.

My point was not their logic.  But why they think they can get away with it.

this won’t end well unless they change and fast.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:13 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Stoneharborlady should be more upset by the filthy plate her lobster was served on.   The other half of the plate has sauce smeared all over it or was something else on this plate?

It was where the meat was removed from the tail….. looks pitiful 🤣

20 hours ago, manmachine said:

My point was not their logic.  But why they think they can get away with it.

this won’t end well unless they change and fast.

My thought is they continue this non sense until they see a decline in bookings. At that point they will course correct.

Edited by yknot13
Mid spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2023 at 10:27 AM, Oxo said:

We cruised RCI, MSC, Celebrity and NCL last year. They are all cutting back on the food quality, selection, amount, presentation, etc. In fact, NCL now has one menu, the same menu, for each night. It does not change at all. 

RCI now has different theme menus each night and selections have been reduced.

So, don't think you are getting more when you change cruise lines. 

To  get better food upgrade the cruise line ,like to Oceania or Seaborn  or Viking .

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

To  get better food upgrade the cruise line ,like to Oceania or Seaborn  or Viking .

Thanks for your suggestion!

We are Seniors and don't eat that much. We never go hungry.

Checked those lines out and don't believe we would get our money's worth. Difference in cost!

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your suggestion!

We are Seniors and don't eat that much. We never go hungry.

Checked those lines out and don't believe we would get our money's worth. Difference in cost!

Check with a TA.  My wife and I going on O in Sepember.  We are in a balcony suite.  Its less than 6k for a 7 night Bermuda cruise.  All specialty restaurants are included.  Wifi is included, Soft drinks are included.  We also have 300 OBC. 

The food is 100 percent better than X. 

• Like 2