Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

Thank goodness those with lots of money don’t have to worry about reduced service, it just those majority of people with less money affected. Sounds like the Management of The corporation. Sad. Less service for increased profits. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jetlag69 said:

Thank goodness those with lots of money don’t have to worry about reduced service, it just those majority of people with less money affected. Sounds like the Management of The corporation. Sad. Less service for increased profits. 

You do realize that even hotels are eliminating daily cleaning as well right?   Even the "those that have money" higher end hotels.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jetlag69 said:

All it would take is to have 1 sailing where 50% of the customers removed the Auto Gratuity. The Company would get the message. 

Why?  If the money from the auto tips all goes to the crew, why would the company care?  They're not out money.

If you are really that concerned over this, stop booking.  THATs what will get "The company's" attention.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:15 AM, sgmn said:

No, but they've paid more. 

Well  Maybe. I have Suite GTY so I paid less then the person who paid the regular Suite rate but get the same service as them.

40 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Why?  If the money from the auto tips all goes to the crew, why would the company care?  They're not out money.

If you are really that concerned over this, stop booking.  THATs what will get "The company's" attention.

None of us know which crew members actually share in the auto tips. We will continue to remove auto tips and tip those in cash who actually serve us. Royal makes this option very simple and crew members always seem to enjoy receiving cash in hand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You do realize that even hotels are eliminating daily cleaning as well right?   Even the "those that have money" higher end hotels.  

Do hotels market it as an enhancement to your stay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Why. It would cripple the company. They would be forced to rethink how it's all done. 

On 2/21/2023 at 6:55 AM, cementhands said:

…Not to mention coming home with covid19 on both recent cruise! Double vaccinated and double boosted and even the 5 th vaccinations tooooo! 

I have spent about 239 days on ships since the restart and only got covid once. What are you doing or not doing to get it like that? Also, just 2 kinds of tea? Is this new? I was on Odyssey and they must have had at least 8 different kinds.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 2/21/2023 at 7:09 AM, nelblu said:

…I had a passenger adjoining my cabin on Anthem, that had the sleeping sign on for at a minimum 85% of the time.  The only reason that I knew the cabin was occupied I heard her loud voice one day when my balcony door was open.  Maybe she was a member of the test group.🤣

If I was ever on the Anthem I would say fooled you. 🤣. We leave our do not disturb sign out 24/7 except in the evenings when we go to dinner and want the cabin cleaned. It’s no one’s business if we are out or inside. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do hotels market it as an enhancement to your stay?

Where do cruises market room cleanings?  Have I missed it?

47 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

Why. It would cripple the company. They would be forced to rethink how it's all done. 

Please explain.  What would cripple the company?  50% of people removing autograts or people not booking?  If the latter, the company would either reduce fares or add value.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

3 hours ago, springfire said:

None of us know which crew members actually share in the auto tips. We will continue to remove auto tips and tip those in cash who actually serve us. Royal makes this option very simple and crew members always seem to enjoy receiving cash in hand. 

Do you tip those folks that serve/cook and clean up after you in the WJ, Park Cafe, Sorrento's and any other venues.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:31 AM, time4u2go said:

How exactly did you come up with this 25% figure?  Can you provide specific sources for this other than "alot of research of crew posts"?  Where are these crew posts?

He's done a lot of Googling 😇

• Haha 3

On 2/26/2023 at 2:25 PM, resetjet said:

Well I hope they do as well.  But that is not the argument.  The topic is, how much of the cabin stewards tips do they get to keep.  Its pretty easy to figure out, if you just do a little math and a little googling, but nobody is willing to do that, just tell me how my answers are wrong.  But such is life on a message board, its not often about working toward a common solution, its often about defending ones initial point of view to the bitter end.

Like you continue to do😉

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:07 PM, resetjet said:

My only real purpose in all of this was to prove who gets your tips.  It clearly doesnt all go to the steward.  

But you've 'proved' nothing

I 'assume' they don't get the full $5 per day, but I will not accept your supposition that they only clear $1.25

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:48 AM, Ocean Boy said:

So? The person in a regular cabin next door to you may have paid significantly more than you but they get the same cabin service that you do. They don't get more because they paid more.

Gotta draw a line somewhere. JS seems like a good point

On 3/3/2023 at 9:58 AM, SonuvaBeach said:

I agree...unfortunately for the stateroom attendants, what is going to happen is that we will no longer give EXTRA  cash gratuities  to them, which we have always done for the past 40 years of cruising.  I know this does not affect RCI's bottom line at all, but I can not bring myself to pay even MORE for even LESS.

Some will continue to tip extra. We're just used to it

• Like 1