Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

23 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

2nd best plan to get RCI to change the policy?  

You can complain... email, social media, GS.  But your chance of accomplishing anything are approaching 0.  I mean if you're still willing to give RC money for what you consider a "lesser experience", why should they change?

Easy way is the drop box at Guest Services

Might get an immediate response

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Why?  If the money from the auto tips all goes to the crew, why would the company care?  They're not out money.

If you are really that concerned over this, stop booking.  THATs what will get "The company's" attention.

Not 100% certain, but I believe if the tips don't make up a certain amount, the company has to make up the difference 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

If I was ever on the Anthem I would say fooled you. 🤣. We leave our do not disturb sign out 24/7 except in the evenings when we go to dinner and want the cabin cleaned. It’s no one’s business if we are out or inside. 

Downside to that is you won't get anything delivered if your DNR is on the door

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do hotels market it as an enhancement to your stay?

2 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

No they market as “for your safety”

monetizing fear😆 who’d have seen that coming. 

Found in my Best Western when I checked in last night.

18F6723F-A097-42D4-9512-83BC1BF809D0_1_102_a.thumb.jpeg.64916d4a1a0fcec1564af34153a9da65.jpeg

I felt so much safer last night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No line. If one catagory of cabin needs twice a day service then they all do.

Suites, C&A level 🤷‍♀️. Many perks others don’t get.  TSA Precheck gets me through security faster.  It’s a perk for which I pay extra.  You want the perk? Pay for it.  This is no different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, poocher said:

Suites, C&A level 🤷‍♀️. Many perks others don’t get.  TSA Precheck gets me through security faster.  It’s a perk for which I pay extra.  You want the perk? Pay for it.  This is no different.

When was having your cabin serviced ever considered a perk?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When was having your cabin serviced ever considered a perk?

Whether it was or wasn’t in the past, a second cleaning is now a perk.  Rooms are being serviced.  Your room is indeed cleaned every day.  The second go through is now a perk.  If you want it, you must book accordingly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

Whether it was or wasn’t in the past, a second cleaning is now a perk.  Rooms are being serviced.  Your room is indeed cleaned every day.  The second go through is now a perk.  If you want it, you must book accordingly.

I wonder when they will move to every other day service and how much of this people will tolerate?

Anyway, I did study physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For now, I'll find a way a way to get the fresh towels that I want and the "stuff" that I want out of the cabin will be out. It's all good.

• Like 1

I haven't been following this thread all the way through, I stopped when the arguing about tipping started. I just want to maybe (ha ha) bring this back to the original topic and post my experience. We've been on Voyager the last 7 ays and have had twice-a-day room service every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Do you tip those folks that serve/cook and clean up after you in the WJ, Park Cafe, Sorrento's and any other venues.

We do...and my wife has been known to pass out a good chunk of her $1s and $5s to people cleaning the bathrooms and wiping down the stair railings.  She's a much more wonderful person than I am.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I haven't been following this thread all the way through, I stopped when the arguing about tipping started. I just want to maybe (ha ha) bring this back to the original topic and post my experience. We've been on Voyager the last 7 ays and have had twice-a-day room service every day.

Agree the tipping thing is, never mind. By request? 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Downside to that is you won't get anything delivered if your DNR is on the door

They always call or leave a message. Sometimes when they call they are right outside the door.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder when they will move to every other day service and how much of this people will tolerate?

Anyway, I did study physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For now, I'll find a way a way to get the fresh towels that I want and the "stuff" that I want out of the cabin will be out. It's all good.

This has turned into a lively discussion on the UWC FB group. Very polarizing

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

We do...and my wife has been known to pass out a good chunk of her $1s and $5s to people cleaning the bathrooms and wiping down the stair railings.  She's a much more wonderful person than I am.

I use these fun envelopes. Always get a smile, which is nice

20230303_200547.thumb.jpg.09b3673ed507712b1eace54c9d84227a.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They always call or leave a message. Sometimes when they call they are right outside the door.

I'd kinda hope not. A phone call is definitely a disturbance. 

Ate you talking about room service, now I guess that's different. 

I was thinking of our second or third C&A gift

According to the blog site we are not allowed to link to, in an update posted on March 2, a reader emailed the "Executive Office" and received an email response saying: "Guests such as yourself staying in a stateroom with 3 or more beds, will have them made up in the evening and stored away during the daily cleaning."

To me, this implies that if you have 3 or more in your room, that your designated daily cleaning will be in the morning. Otherwise, what would be the point?

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

According to the blog site we are not allowed to link to, in an update posted on March 2, a reader emailed the "Executive Office" and received an email response saying: "Guests such as yourself staying in a stateroom with 3 or more beds, will have them made up in the evening and stored away during the daily cleaning."

To me, this implies that if you have 3 or more in your room, that your designated daily cleaning will be in the morning. Otherwise, what would be the point?

They are present all day,  so they could simply come in and take care of the bunks morning or evening.  But you will still get one cleaning

• Like 1