2/20: Changes, Price Increases, etc. MEGATHREAD

talkorpi

Just now, AE_Collector said:

Has anything been said previously about eliminating the coffee packages? Also, someone mentioned temporary swap of mini bar setup for a discount on the per day cost to bump to Plus Level Package?

Not exactly.  A Cruise Critic member wanted Princess to do that but the 'suggestion' was just chatter on these boards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Would it be possible for you to run this Ookla Internet speed test at your convenience and post the results so we can see the upload and download speeds you're having to endure.

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

On the Diamond now. 
While far from spectacular, these speeds represent a wholesale improvement over our last several cruises. We were lucky to get 0.01 on those. 
Here we are able to utilize the web satisfactorily. 

4F56B7F0-0158-46AD-A913-510613F366F5.thumb.jpeg.cbee99cf8206438f2f3a560c3394de25.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

On the Diamond now. 
While far from spectacular, these speeds represent a wholesale improvement over our last several cruises. We were lucky to get 0.01 on those. 
Here we are able to utilize the web satisfactorily. 

4F56B7F0-0158-46AD-A913-510613F366F5.thumb.jpeg.cbee99cf8206438f2f3a560c3394de25.jpeg

Thanks! I’ll take those speeds all day long on any cruise we’re on, to include when we’re cruising around Japan on the Diamond this coming July. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser

36 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Has anything been said previously about eliminating the coffee packages? Also, someone mentioned temporary swap of mini bar setup for a discount on the per day cost to bump to Plus Level Package?

LOL on sentence two - makes zero sense to me.  They were dreaming.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I guess I should state that I do not have a computer just a smart phone. So I missed that. 

Looks like changes only pertain to Plus & Premier pkgs. Still can't find coffee pkg

The coffee package is also covered on that same beverages webpage.  Perhaps you might consider investing in a larger screen monitor for the cell phone?  Scroll down to bottom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The coffee package is also covered on that same beverages webpage.  Perhaps you might consider investing in a larger screen monitor for the cell phone?  Scroll down to bottom.

Thank you! That's a relief ... heres how it looks on the Droid when switched to Desktop Site for my next 3 cruises:

Screenshot_20230220-170702_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

I'm on the old Plus Package of $12UD per drink, would love to see some of the new drink menus posted to see what I will actually be able to drink. A little scared that I will have to pay extra for each drink now its changed. Thanks everyone. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The coffee package is covered but there does not seem to be a new price or any price. Am I missing something?

E79D641C-E4B7-44C9-A77A-040A66D65474.png

979B9E1D-F5C6-48E7-A6FA-2432E44F9086.png

Edited by Sailaway617
Add screenshots
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sailaway617 said:

The coffee package is covered but there does not seem to be a new price or any price. Am I missing something?

Nope.  We are awaiting an IT fix in Princess App or word from someone live on a ship this week beginning a new cruise.

• Like 1

On Majestic now. Internet is soooooo slow. Running the Speedtest app, it somehow seems to suggest upload speeds are decent. 🤣 They are not! Much worse than download speeds. I cannot backup my iPhone or sync any photos / videos to iCloud or my One Drive account. If I lose my phone I lose everything from this cruise.

F118355A-DD6A-48F1-9468-F9ABDDED3C7A.thumb.jpeg.68ba2a4a52f1e6400801d7c893224de7.jpeg

Edited by thunderbaycruiser
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Taykee1 said:

I'm on the old Plus Package of $12UD per drink, would love to see some of the new drink menus posted to see what I will actually be able to drink. A little scared that I will have to pay extra for each drink now its changed. Thanks everyone. 

Old packages at the $12 limit will be grandfathered in to cover the new $15 limits, resulting in those packages receiving $3 discount per drink. With the increase in prices, the old packages have had their limits increased as well at no additional cost the the purchaser, giving those packages the same drink variety as when purchased. It would be a  PR disaster if they sold packages with a promise of $12 drinks only to raise the prices out of reach of those packages. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SantaFeFan said:

Old packages at the $12 limit will be grandfathered in to cover the new $15 limits, resulting in those packages receiving $3 discount per drink. With the increase in prices, the old packages have had their limits increased as well at no additional cost the the purchaser, giving those packages the same drink variety as when purchased. It would be a  PR disaster if they sold packages with a promise of $12 drinks only to raise the prices out of reach of those packages. 

I hope that is the case, I called princes and they told me to upgrade to the new plus package will cost me and extra $10 per person per day. So I really hope you are right and I will still be able to drink what was previously on the old Plus Package with no further cost to myself. fingers crossed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Do I still have elite tea setup, @HaveDogWillTravel?

Are you referring to the elite perk of having afternoon tea served in your cabin?  If so, I will be in a full suite so it may be hard to separate my elite perk from suite perk as many of the newer crew I’ve encountered in the past 6 months have had very limited English. 

However I have friends sailing in balconies who are elite so I can ask them to call down for it and see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Taykee1 said:

I hope that is the case, I called princes and they told me to upgrade to the new plus package will cost me and extra $10 per person per day. So I really hope you are right and I will still be able to drink what was previously on the old Plus Package with no further cost to myself. fingers crossed.

When is your cruise?  Can you keep us updated on what happens?  I am in the same position you are, my cruise is not until the end of May.

32 minutes ago, Taykee1 said:

I hope that is the case,

That DEFINITELY is the case. People who booked under the “old” Plus Package get treated the same as people who booked under the new package EXCEPT for the items listed as “New” in the promotional materials which are the special desserts, the fitness classes and the juice bar. You won’t get those unless you upgrade to New Plus. But you get everything else including the $15 drink allowance. This has been well documented. 

• Like 7

Lots of scrambling around here. Let’s not forget that the new plans and prices apply to cruises that DEPART on or after 2/20. They do not go into effect in the middle of cruises that departed over the weekend. Is anyone actually on a cruise right now that departed today?  If not, there is still another 5 days of speculation to endure. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, MileHighAko said:

Someone posted elsewhere earlier today that on Discovery leaving Los Angeles today they announced that due to operational challenges they will not have the “new” items onboard this cruise and are refunding $10 per day for purchased packages.  

Again, another Princess "is not ready" for roll out.  That's pretty sad.  How hard could it be to get the "special cookies" that went with the ice cream?  Or gym classes?  Princess really needs to keep their mouth shut until they are ready for 100% emersion.  

• Like 6