2/20: Changes, Price Increases, etc. MEGATHREAD

talkorpi

Well, we've finally arrived at the dreaded "price hike day" where all of these announced changes are going into effect.  Wanted to start this thread so that people who are boarding / onboard can report all of the new changes, additions, and price increases.

If you are able, I'm sure we would all be curious to find out about the new things like the juice bar and fitness classes.  New prices on drinks, new drink package costs, etc.

Hoping this can be a good resource for everyone to collaborate on!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Well, we've finally arrived at the dreaded "price hike day" where all of these announced changes are going into effect.  Wanted to start this thread so that people who are boarding / onboard can report all of the new changes, additions, and price increases.

If you are able, I'm sure we would all be curious to find out about the new things like the juice bar and fitness classes.  New prices on drinks, new drink package costs, etc.

Hoping this can be a good resource for everyone to collaborate on!

Thank you for the thread.  

I’m especially interested in the a la carte prices of specialty coffee’s at the IC, since they deleted the New Grounds Coffee package from cruise personalizer.

TIA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I am on Discovery Saturday for 2 weeks ,will try to post here .Last time on Discovery the Internet was just terrible, couldn't even check in for our flight home.

We are on the Discovery now. The internet is still terrible.

5 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I think I saw somewhere that the drink package prices have increased substantially.  Can anyone who is currently onboard verify?

No one needs to be on board to verify that.  Just look on Princess.com for the prices.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m especially interested in the a la carte prices of specialty coffee’s at the IC, since they deleted the New Grounds Coffee package from cruise personalizer.

TIA

I think of significance is the package still for sale at the IC?

• Like 2

Pricing for the special desserts included with PLUS and PREMIER?  Someone posted on another thread that there were problems in delivering, so guests were getting $10 rebates (not sure what it was for PLUS vs PREMIER).  I am presuming guests not on packages can order these desserts for a fee, much like ordering hard ice cream treats.

Is MedallionNet indeed the same price on board on Day 1 as pre-cruise like Princess HQ has stated?  New prices are $15/day single device and $40/day for 4-devices.  Interested to know the new single-day only purchase of internet (used to be $20 and I figure $25 or so now).

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No one needs to be on board to verify that.  Just look on Princess.com for the prices.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Well on the website under all of the packages it has this caveat which is why I was wondering if someone could update today if they saw/heard anything different:

image.png.7125372c4a1f0c3f8f19465bc0452042.png

Obviously as today is the 20th the listings are no longer guaranteed.  Perhaps the prices listed are the same but since it is now past that date just not 100% sure.

Edited by talkorpi

Just now, talkorpi said:

Well on the website under all of the packages it has this caveat which is why I was wondering if someone could update today if they saw/heard anything different:

???  What do you mean different?  Princess describes all the elements of the revised packages on their website.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

???  What do you mean different?  Princess describes all the elements of the revised packages on their website.

Just saying that if the Terms & Conditions expired yesterday, perhaps there are changes going into effect today that are not yet on the website.

I could also be wrong, but usually when T&Cs expire something changes the next day.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think of significance is the package still for sale at the IC?

Yes.  Would be great to know IF there is a New Grounds Coffee package and the price. Rules changed?  And… a la carte prices. We may just buy our specialty coffee’s.

Don’t understand why they can’t update the website,  WAIT….I forgot who I was talking about.  😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, manunia said:

would it be possible to check available option for mini bar set up exchange after 2/20/23?

thank you in advance

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes.  Would be great to know IF there is a New Grounds Coffee package and the price. Rules changed?  And… a la carte prices. We may just buy our specialty coffee’s.

Don’t understand why they can’t update the website,  WAIT….I forgot who I was talking about.  😳

Ditto ... can we trade for coffee pkg / buy pkg / / a copy of the IC prices

Unless a pot of tea / latte jump to $10 each, I'm still better off in Standard booking

Do I still have elite tea setup, @HaveDogWillTravel?

Edited by Ombud

5 hours ago, billco said:

We are on the Discovery now. The internet is still terrible.

Would it be possible for you to run this Ookla Internet speed test at your convenience and post the results so we can see the upload and download speeds you're having to endure.

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Just saying that if the Terms & Conditions expired yesterday, perhaps there are changes going into effect today that are not yet on the website.

I could also be wrong, but usually when T&Cs expire something changes the next day.

The revised T&C's have already been posted on Princess.com for some time.  Good luck finding them on the ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m boarding the Royal Saturday. I’ll take lots of photos and will try to post a bit. I’m with a bunch of friends and will give more complete info when I get home if I didn’t get a chance onboard. It’s only 5 days (hardly worth packing for lol) 

We will board when you disembark. We are going on the 10 day Mexico cruise. We still have not received our cabin assignment. Looking forward to reading your posts.

• Like 2

The differences in the old and revised drink packages have been posted.

The main differences I see is the increase in price and the increase in drink price included in each package.

I think the biggest question is will they raise the price of all drinks that were $12 to $15 and all drinks that were $18 to $20, so that the packages net out the same. Or will the drink prices stay the same and the value of the packages increase along with the price?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The revised T&C's have already been posted on Princess.com for some time.  Good luck finding them on the ship.

Apologies but I am having difficulty finding the T&C's after October 2022. Can you post the link? TY

1 hour ago, talkorpi said:

Obviously as today is the 20th the listings are no longer guaranteed.  Perhaps the prices listed are the same but since it is now past that date just not 100% sure.

There are two lines of T&Cs one current and one up to 2/19. Look above the February 19th line to see the the now current T&C (see in bold on picture)

D74F303B-EA36-473B-AFC6-3F2D3EC6499C.png

• Like 1

I guess I should state that I do not have a computer just a smart phone. So I missed that. 

Looks like changes only pertain to Plus & Premier pkgs. Still can't find coffee pkg

Edited by Ombud