Live From the Royal 2/25 with B2B through 3/12

Cruise Raider

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Last year, we were able to buy several bottles of it in the shops onboard, so I know what you mean.  It came to about $60 a bottle when we purchased it but if you can find it for under $100, I’d still say that was a great deal.  Trouble is finding it … what an extremely great marketing campaign they have with limiting the supply and the horses all having a separate letter. We e looked in many of the ports for it as well … it’s just nowhere to be found.  

Thanks to you and havedogwilltravel for posting about the new drink menus, getting on Ruby this Sunday.  The bourbon prices are crazy,  I saw Blanton’s at the Fort Lauderdale airport duty free shops last December coming back from Celebrity Beyond and they had plenty of bottles… for $139 a piece. On Beyond they had Buffalo Trace and Eagle10 and that was exciting for people since they’re getting hard to find.

Edited by wilycoyote76
  • Like 3

Thank you for posting the menus, patters, etc.  I am a bourbon drinker.  If you happen to be at a bar can you glance at what MIGHT be available?  The last 3-4 cruises I have been on since the re-start have had a very limited supply of bourbon but none of those cruises have been on Princess….I will have the premier/premium package if that matters.  Again, thank you.

1 hour ago, wilycoyote76 said:

Thanks to you and havedogwilltravel for posting about the new drink menus, getting on Ruby this Sunday.  The bourbon prices are crazy,  I saw Blanton’s at the Fort Lauderdale airport duty free shops last December coming back from Celebrity Beyond and they had plenty of bottles… for $139 a piece. On Beyond they had Buffalo Trace and Eagle10 and that was exciting for people since they’re getting hard to find.

Buffalo Trace is a very common bourbon here in PNW. It is usually my go to under the plus package. My go to at home is Elijah Craig but I have never seen it on cruises 

3 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thank you for all that! 

That pizza looks amazing...hard to tell, are they personal size or bigger?

Is that the Juice bar that's included with the Plus Package?

Thanks!

The pizzas ARE amazing! They are sort of between personal size and shareable. We usually get the antipasto, a salad and then share the pizza, but DH has also had one all to himself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

The pizzas ARE amazing! They are sort of between personal size and shareable. We usually get the antipasto, a salad and then share the pizza, but DH has also had one all to himself.

Sounds great! So glad Alfredo's is included in the regular cruise fare! (We were on NCL last month and there were not many complimentary dining places besides the buffet and MDR). 

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

Buffalo Trace is a very common bourbon here in PNW. It is usually my go to under the plus package. My go to at home is Elijah Craig but I have never seen it on cruises 

My last carnival cruise on Panorama in December ‘21 they had EC small batch.  Don’t want to derail the thread too much since this is about Princess but their selection was surprisingly good, not sure that is still true with the supply chain issues and demand.

4 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

We are cruising on Thursday and I just received a move over offer. I never got that before. I guess they are definitely sold out. We are traveling with a family so we cannot take that offer.

Who needs family? Just kidding.

Would you have taken it if you weren’t? Where is your cruise going? 

3 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Who needs family? Just kidding.

Would you have taken it if you weren’t? Where is your cruise going? 

10 days to Mexico. I’m not sure if I would have been able to because we asked for the time off at our jobs. It could have worked. 

1 minute ago, lbfluffy said:

10 days to Mexico. I’m not sure if I would have been able to because we asked for the time off at our jobs. It could have worked. 

Maybe the opportunity will come again someday. 
I could never have taken one either before I retired. I had to book my vacation time almost a year early. But…now, bring it on! 
Try not to think about it, and just enjoy your cruise to Mexico. 

2 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Sounds great! So glad Alfredo's is included in the regular cruise fare! (We were on NCL last month and there were not many complimentary dining places besides the buffet and MDR). 

As the pizzas are made to order, you can order one with two different toppings, half and half. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@wowzzmy friend said the lamb was excellent and he ate every last bite. 

@partybarbie Funch is in the house!!!!

In no particular order

Heres tonight’s menu, patters, juice bar and its price list, Lailen serving up Scooby Doo shots at Bellinis , officer board, Alfredo’s menu & our pizzas, Bellinis specialty menu and a photo of the red plus wines they have at the moment. Plus wines can and will change from day to day and sailing to sailing so keep that in mind. There’s a reason they do not list the vintage or winery.

Also find photos of the brand new printed bar menus. Lailen at Bellinis said this is what all the bars are now using. 

If Funch hasn't played "Stormy Monday" yet, request it.  He does a killer job with it.

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

We are cruising on Thursday and I just received a move over offer. I never got that before. I guess they are definitely sold out. We are traveling with a family so we cannot take that offer.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but maybe you can start a new thread and let us know what your offer was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Caribensunyes the elite wine tasting is offered. I didn’t go. 
These are new menus just printed. So far all bartenders I’ve asked have handed them over no issue. 

in no particular order. Better photos of last nights menu, our food, the patter for today. 

The new Princess favorite dessert Lychee, raspberry & rose mouse was a huge hit as was the warm berry cobbler. The cheesecake and carrot cake recipes must have changed as they were dry and not very good at all.

The smoked pork was a huge hit, as was the seafood bowl(no photo) and the prime rib was very good. The pasta with shrimp was prepared in CC and was excellent. 

I’ll try to snap a few snappy of the bout and today for whoever asked. 

9E55E703-083B-43D0-8EEB-171B4E32F61F.jpeg

F64BB447-C75B-4147-BCAF-4FC6A8004C5D.jpeg

E50BF54C-9BB4-4286-90D5-50C8C7FD4E13.jpeg

F5031D72-2C67-4E65-8105-34EEF6745E7B.jpeg

2EA1349A-A6F7-4242-8594-D1D5E441A939.jpeg

C00DC49E-EBA5-4030-ACCC-B5D7AF68BED6.jpeg

DF97287E-BCD6-4028-9C6C-2981A3B116EA.jpeg

8C4B85F5-2332-4533-8007-FB6779528C13.jpeg

4D32BDD9-DE73-44D3-BFC3-8D712BE6889F.jpeg

D5FEDB32-86C4-47C7-8D74-5476D666FC6E.jpeg

ED24D1A3-0158-44FB-B45F-ACFB03D3C56A.jpeg

671F6541-4D39-4019-ABB2-DA51082A1C57.jpeg

18CB9D05-D22F-42A9-83F5-2A4B21120FD0.jpeg

9936C874-58A9-4759-AC88-BFA8F85496ED.jpeg

EDABB3A8-02FC-443A-8D28-3FDE0AF85881.jpeg

2CC0933E-1A9E-4608-B6A8-F7A2D03C73C6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

The dining room lines are consistently way down the hallway.  We’ve only made it there for the embarkation lunch and haven’t gone back since.  I am doing a B2B so maybe on the next sailing we will go more often.

Alvin and Roel have the table waiting for you.  Hahaha

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The pasta with shrimp was prepared in CC and was excellent. 

We were on the Royal earlier this month and I loved the extra dish in CC each night. The pasta and shrimp was so good! Who are your servers in CC? We connected with Samuel and Maria on embarkation day and requested their section for the 10 days we were on the ship. They were delightful and we really enjoyed getting to know them.

2 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

Alvin and Roel have the table waiting for you.  Hahaha

We saw Alvin the first day at lunch  on this sailing but haven’t been back to the dining room since then.  The lines are so long and we’ve just been interested in going.  But, we will probably go starting after this cruise.   

20 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

we’d take that in a heartbreak.  I don’t think they offered it to us, though.  

• Like 1