Australia/New Zealand Land & Sea Tour Blog?

We are two couples going on a Princess land tour of Australia (7 days) then a  cruise around NZ (13 days) this next October/November.

Can anyone advise me or provide a link to any information previously posted on CC regarding this type of land/sea tour--preferably a blog? 

I found a daily blog on this same type of trip on Alaska, and it was very helpful. Then after taking the land and sea tour ourselves to Alaska on Princess, I posted a day-by-day blog that was helpful and appreciated by many as well. Hoping there is one or more out there for this one to Australia/New Zealand.

Thank you!

My wife and I are taking the same itinerary but in January, and would also like to know how this tour works? We kind of know what to expect on an Alaskan tour but have found little information on the Australia land tour.  

10 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

We are two couples going on a Princess land tour of Australia (7 days) then a  cruise around NZ (13 days) this next October/November.

Can anyone advise me or provide a link to any information previously posted on CC regarding this type of land/sea tour--preferably a blog? 

I found a daily blog on this same type of trip on Alaska, and it was very helpful. Then after taking the land and sea tour ourselves to Alaska on Princess, I posted a day-by-day blog that was helpful and appreciated by many as well. Hoping there is one or more out there for this one to Australia/New Zealand.

Thank you!

I don't have a link to a blog, but what info are you looking for?

13 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't have a link to a blog, but what info are you looking for?

The blog on the Alaska Land and Sea Tour done by a CC member and also the one by me was a day-by-day accounting of all activities, food, transportation, weather, advice on what to pack and what to expect. etc. The itinerary provided by Princess is vary basic: i.e. fly to Cairns. I would like to know what meals are provided, what type of plane was used, how the hotel accommodations were etc etc. 

10 hours ago, mr walker said:

Terry from Ohio did a report on his trip which was a very comprehensive & interesting one, few years ago & has continued to update.

I'm not sure how to link it, but this is copied from an alert from one of his posts:

image.thumb.png.c97aeb0626deca71858665b30afc9139.png

I have looked, but couldn't find anything connected to this...

I have posted on the Princess site. I think I've seen Terry from Ohio fairly active on there. 

10 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

The blog on the Alaska Land and Sea Tour done by a CC member and also the one by me was a day-by-day accounting of all activities, food, transportation, weather, advice on what to pack and what to expect. etc. The itinerary provided by Princess is vary basic: i.e. fly to Cairns. I would like to know what meals are provided, what type of plane was used, how the hotel accommodations were etc etc. 

I feel that there would be more people doing the Alaska Land and Sea tour compared with the Australian one, and therefore more likelihood of blogs.

Another point to consider is that this is the Aust and NZ section of the forum. It is highly unlikely Aussies would go on a Princess land tour in our own country. This is different from an Alaskan trip that is to an area distant from the contiguous states of the US and where the majority of people on the tour would be from the US.

You might be able to get the information you require by posting your question on the general Princess Cruises site.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

The itinerary provided by Princess is vary basic: i.e. fly to Cairns. I would like to know what meals are provided, what type of plane was used, how the hotel accommodations were etc etc. 

I would suggest you contact your travel agent/Princess cruise planner or Princess direct if you have questions. When you say what meals are provided, do you mean meals included in the tour package or what type of food?   Do you know what hotels you will be staying at? Won't your flights be regular domestic flights? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yarramar said:

THANK YOU! I just read the 31 pages Terry posted 🙀 and was able to take notes and get some great ideas. Thanks for the link!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

If you give us the day by day itinerary of the land part of the trip, I'm sure Australians might have some comments and recommendations.

You could ask this question on the Trip Advisor Australia Forum, which is very active.

This is one comment I read from someone on CC about a tour at Ayers Rock:"One thing to do is to get one of those screen thingees that go over your head. The flies will carry you off during the day time. At night, they must go to sleep because they were not a problem at the sunset dinner." Can any Australian tell me if that is needed there--or in Cairns, or Darwin?? Thank you!

In addition, we will cruise Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttleton), Picton Wellington, Tauranga, Auckland, and Bay of Islands, so if anyone has any "must see" private tours they would recommend and provide a link to, we would be much obliged. 

1 hour ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

THANK YOU! I just read the 31 pages Terry posted 🙀 and was able to take notes and get some great ideas. Thanks for the link!!

Super appreciate the link help from yarramar and the patience/interest from our Wisconsin neighbor to go through all of the 31 pages from my Australia/New Zealand live/blog.  WOW!!  That's dedication and a great, deserved desire to research and prepare accordingly.  

Feel free to post any questions and/or info needs on that Celebrity live/blog and I will be happy to follow-up.  My key bottom line is that there are so many different options down there, that it requires serious, advance thought and consideration in order to put your "total package/plan" together in the right logistical manner.  

Connected below, we went back to New Zealand and did more on their North Island, in Auckland, etc., in early 2020 right before the Covid shut-down.  Don't be shy!!  The only bad question is the one you do not ask.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Early 2020, many visuals and details from New Zealand/South Pacific in going from Auckland to French Polynesia.  This includes Bora Bora, Fiji, NZ experiences, etc:  Live/blog;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2735732-live-terryohio-“new”-regatta-south-pacificnz-pix’s/

4 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

This is one comment I read from someone on CC about a tour at Ayers Rock:"One thing to do is to get one of those screen thingees that go over your head. The flies will carry you off during the day time. At night, they must go to sleep because they were not a problem at the sunset dinner." Can any Australian tell me if that is needed there--or in Cairns, or Darwin?? Thank you!

You may or may not need one but better to be prepared.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hat+net&crid=169EFBIUE1DFB&sprefix=hat+net%2Caps%2C527&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

5 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

In addition, we will cruise Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttleton), Picton Wellington, Tauranga, Auckland, and Bay of Islands, so if anyone has any "must see" private tours they would recommend and provide a link to, we would be much obliged. 

A fly net definitely isn't needed when visiting Cairns or Darwin. In the centre (Uluru/Ayers Rock) flies can often be a problem during the day.

21 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I can't say I have ever heard of a Princess "land/cruise' package in Australia - have of course heard of the Alaskan ones. 

They do, but not inclusively branded like having their own trains and wilderness lodge in Alaska.

As an example

Cruise Details - 20-Day Ultimate Australia - Tour 4I - Princess Cruises

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

For Dunedin, I thoroughly recommend Russ at Tourworks 'Dunedin Mainland Peninsula Tour'

Dunedin Mainland Peninsula Tour » Tourworks

It was a great day & a great tour, seeing the city & the scenery and wildlife. 

If you have interest in LOTR, I suggest you take a tour to Hobbiton from Tauranga - we used Zealandia tours and they were excellent Homepage - Zealandier Tours

Cheers,

Neil

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

For Dunedin, I thoroughly recommend Russ at Tourworks 'Dunedin Mainland Peninsula Tour'

Dunedin Mainland Peninsula Tour » Tourworks

It was a great day & a great tour, seeing the city & the scenery and wildlife. 

If you have interest in LOTR, I suggest you take a tour to Hobbiton from Tauranga - we used Zealandia tours and they were excellent Homepage - Zealandier Tours

Cheers,

Neil

Thank you very much!