Bar drinks now $15 vs Diamond drink voucher max $14

Is the diamond voucher drink max still at $14 ?
For my upcoming cruise on Ovation in June,  I look on the Royal App and the menu from all of the bars,  all of the usual cocktail/mixed drinks are $15.  (exception beers)  . 

Edited by StrikeEagle

20 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

Is the diamond voucher drink max still at $14 ?
For my upcoming cruise on Ovation in June,  I look on the Royal App and the menu from all of the bars,  all of the usual cocktail/mixed drinks are $15.  (exception beers)  . 

I believe this is the price since the ship is still in Australia. They just raised to $14, so the Ovation may change when it gets back here. I board on the 27th in Sydney, so I can ask.

Edited by crzndeb

$15 for a drink - Royal is getting a little crazy. With the 18% grat it's $17.70. Guess they're trying to push everyone to the now higher priced DBP. 

As a Canadian that's currently $24.60 per drink. Thankfully, we get 5 free drinks per day.

Edit: I see in another post this may be in Australia. But even at $14 + grat it's still nearly $23 per drink for us. I realize RC doesn't control our Cdn dollar and that's why I appreciate the 5 free drinks per day. We'd be out-priced otherwise.

Edited by The Sunset Glow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crzndeb said:

I believe this is the price since the ship is still in Australia. They just raised to $14, so the Ovation may change when it gets back here.

Royal IT department is a mystery of it's own.    When I look on the Royal App, I did pull up and select my sailing from Seattle in June.

5 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

$15 for a drink - Royal is getting a little crazy. With the 18% grat it's $17.70. Guess they're trying to push everyone to the now higher priced DBP. 

As a Canadian that's currently $24.60 per drink. Thankfully, we get 5 free drinks per day.

Edit: I see in another post this may be in Australia. But even at $14 + grat it's still nearly $23 per drink for us. I realize RC doesn't control our Cdn dollar and that's why I appreciate the 5 free drinks per day. We'd be out-priced otherwise.

I believe the price posted on Australian sailings have the gratuity built in. 

On the new flyer released today…..Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks and Bionic Bar.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

On the new flyer released today…..Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks and Bionic Bar.

So now when we have the UDP and get that discount on the wine we need to make sure that they don't use one of my vouchers

5 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Royal IT department is a mystery of it's own.    When I look on the Royal App, I did pull up and select my sailing from Seattle in June.

Which cruise are you on?  We're on the June 16 sailing...