Premium Dessert Pictures - Discovery Princess

Shelly97060

@cr8tiv1defintinitely #2 on the answer to your question.   

What a time waster, food waster and calorie waister.   Still haven't figured out why they would offer 2 per day.   Maybe it's to make people full so there won't be such a large line for the MDR.

• Haha 2

I kinda like those long chocolate candy-looking things stuck in there; looking forward to a "Lady and the Tramp" moment with @c-boy on our November cruise 🥰not to mention, any dish shared with him makes for a great day!🥂

• Like 4

Here's the doc spin on the desserts.

Look at the lines.  Everyone wants one or two.

From the perspective of the passengers.

1.  One and done (for this cruise)

2.  One and done for the rest of my life

3.  Sure, I'll stand in a 30 minute line for my dessert every day, I paid for it.

4.  Sure, I'll stand in a 30 minute line for my dessert every day, twice a day,  I paid for it.

5.  Not interested

• Like 2

I'm on the Sky now. Was in the gelato area an hour or so ago. I thought I might be interested in giving one a try, since it's included in my plus package. I asked the guy if there was list of what's in these premium desserts. He just pointed to the fake examples they have on the counter, which, as you can see from the pictures posted, are gelato with a bunch of candy on top. I said "But what's IN them?" He said they're all made with either vanilla or chocolate gelato, then pointed to the top of one and said "This is tiramisu." "Why wouldn't you make it with tiramisu gelato?" I asked. "No, only vanilla and chocolate."

The menu says they're $12 without alcohol, and I can't even pick the flavor of gelato it's made with??? But for anything else I can pick the flavor? What the heck? I said "Not interested" and walked away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@cavecreekguyHow long did you stand in line to ask your questions and then say no thank you?

gelato?  I thought it was ice cream?

It was around noon and there was no line.

The premium desserts are in the gelato area. I just figured that meant they are made with gelato. Maybe they do make them with vanilla or chocolate ice cream instead of gelato. That might explain why I couldn't select a flavor. Still not interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

I prefer to eat my ice cream without bottles or anything else stuck in it.  How clean can these bottles be?  

I never worry if the outside of my wine bottle is clean. Remove bottle pour into glass discard icecream. Is the shot counted against your beverage package? We never get to our 15 drinks max and these would be great for the drive home

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cavecreekguy said:

I'm on the Sky now. Was in the gelato area an hour or so ago. I thought I might be interested in giving one a try, since it's included in my plus package. I asked the guy if there was list of what's in these premium desserts. He just pointed to the fake examples they have on the counter, which, as you can see from the pictures posted, are gelato with a bunch of candy on top. I said "But what's IN them?" He said they're all made with either vanilla or chocolate gelato, then pointed to the top of one and said "This is tiramisu." "Why wouldn't you make it with tiramisu gelato?" I asked. "No, only vanilla and chocolate."

The menu says they're $12 without alcohol, and I can't even pick the flavor of gelato it's made with??? But for anything else I can pick the flavor? What the heck? I said "Not interested" and walked away.

I was going to edit to add this but I guess it's too late:

He may very well have said vanilla or chocolate ice cream and not gelato. Since we were in the gelato area I wasn't really paying attention to that distinction. I apologize if I confused anyone.

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering if for those of us with the plus or premier package, if the added booze bottle counts towards out 15 booze drinks per day.  

I can easily toss the rest of the crap for more baby booze bottles.  

And if the candy (suckers too?) is in a wrapper, looks like it's going to be an easy halloween at my house!

I know I’m in the minority here, but I’m looking forward to ordering “The Godfather”

it’s basically a brownie sundae.  Smaller piece of brownie, certainly, but ice cream, brownie, chocolate sauce, and some cookies for crunch.  

My daughter will quickly pick the marshmallows off the side, I’ll (quickly) pick the whiskey bottle off the top, and we’ll save the lollipops for later.

It’ll definitely be a once or twice a cruise thing, but none of the things on the ship are a “must do it every day” thing for me.  I’m glad for something besides booze as a benefit for Plus.

Similarly, when I’m at an all inclusive resort, I usually don’t have to use the sail boats or kayaks or tennis court every day to feel like I’ve gotten a good deal.

• Like 6

Here’s an interesting twist I found on Princess’s site.

Premium Desserts

Indulge your sweet tooth each day with two Princess Premium desserts, elaborate confections overflowing with gelato, pastry and candy mixtures that will be available within Gelateria, Swirls or Coffee and Cones.

ED68F00D-7A89-4375-8C19-7F5C16E00CB8.webp

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

Here’s an interesting twist I found on Princess’s site.

Premium Desserts

Indulge your sweet tooth each day with two Princess Premium desserts, elaborate confections overflowing with gelato, pastry and candy mixtures that will be available within Gelateria, Swirls or Coffee and Cones.

ED68F00D-7A89-4375-8C19-7F5C16E00CB8.webp

Wow, I didn’t expect them to shrink THAT fast!

• Haha 7

Certainly not the sufistication we are used to. More of a Carnival thing to me. Looks like a 5,000 calorie desert. Just tossing 5he kitchen sink at something does not make it premium. I'm happy with the small sundae or crembrule on the main menu.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Here's the doc spin on the desserts.

Look at the lines.  Everyone wants one or two.

From the perspective of the passengers.

1.  One and done (for this cruise)

2.  One and done for the rest of my life

3.  Sure, I'll stand in a 30 minute line for my dessert every day, I paid for it.

4.  Sure, I'll stand in a 30 minute line for my dessert every day, twice a day,  I paid for it.

5.  Not interested

6.  I just want the iced coffee I used to be able to get at Swirls on the Lido Deck without standing in a 30 minute line every day while these premium desserts are constructed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Math teacher back.

Each specialty ice cream dessert is valued at $12 to $14 (booze bottle).  

Say you get one per cruise; one and done.

That "gives" Princess a net savings of $156 {(14 - 1) x $12} for the rest of the days you don't get the dessert.  

$156 per person per 7 day cruise and this is being generous that EVERY beverage package passenger will try it out once. 

Don't like those numbers?  How about this:  Princess increased the cost of the beverage package by $20 to accommodate for the dessert and gym.  I don't want the dessert and gym but must pay $140 extra for this "privilege".   BINGO....Princess is netting $140 from me ... but they offered it to me.  

Did you hear of the story about the old lady who was charge a resort fee???  I got to look up that story.  Someday...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have the Plus Package booked and I can’t even imagine wanting one of these concoctions!  I was hoping for a superior chocolate cake or premium ice cream or luscious cheesecake.  Just looks like a hot mess to me.  Oh, Princess, what have you done?

The three items you mentioned used to be all standard no fee at the pastry counter in the Horizon Court on the Grand Princess. (You had to know about the ice cream as it was kept in a freezer under the counter).

• Like 1