Coco Beach Club on CocoCay- worth it?

Someone decided that deep fried cheese  sticks and tomato sauce needed to be added to a deep fried chicken sandwich.  No secret at all. 

Some have since decided that a deep fried funnel cake tipped with sugar needed soft serve ice cream and a second cake to make some sort of ice cream sandwich. 

Can’t imagine it but the items seem to be popular

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

I have been to the beach club with my son that is the same age over Christmas.  What made it nice was that the pool is heated and it was chilly.  My son ate the cost I paid $100 (I think) in food at lunch!  The life guards at the pool were not allowing any splashing/rough housing in the pool (I'm totally fine with that in a mainly adult area) and my son slept in a chair the majority of the day.  I would not pay the price it is for your trip.  We have been to Coco Cay many times, but if you haven't there are lots of things to do for free.  

• Like 1

Elizabeth, I think the only problem with the beach bed is that they sit much lower than the loungers. Having some mobility issues myself, I’m not sure you will find it easy to get in and out of. Just something to consider. Enjoy your cruise.

Instead of spending money for a 15-yr old boy to lounge at the beach club with Mom, maybe use the free beach areas and go snorkeling, play beach volleyball, play beach pool game, lots of fun activities you both could participate in together that are free.    Or maybe rent a jet ski and you drive and he passenger.    Definitely recommend the free snack shack or there is a huge buffet area too.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Some have since decided that a deep fried funnel cake tipped with sugar needed soft serve ice cream and a second cake to make some sort of ice cream sandwich. 

Sounds like a good way to get your swimsuit all sticky.😳

I don’t think you will find it below $100 anymore. I bought it for our party of six (ages 20-76) with Black Friday discount, still around $160 pp, and it was so worth it to me. Our Oasis cruise in Jan was very crowded, a lot of children and a ton of preteens unsupervised and raising havoc, pressing all the elevator buttons and running away, etc. The solarium hotubs were often jammed to capacity, so it was a great reprieve to spend the day at the Beach Club, where it wasn’t overly crowded and we enjoyed all the nice luxuries that others have mentioned. We had no issues with lines or drink service, and the food was amazing - especially the fillet mignon. I love the infinity edge pool, the water is so soft and relaxing.  It really depends on what you enjoy. 

751825A9-D584-4729-A969-E3EC54E7DD6C.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ATG said:

It’s over $200 for my next cruise.  But the shocker to me was the over water cabana for $3,499!  That’s almost what I paid for a 8 day cruise!

Checked for an upcoming cruise, $283 PP.   I think  they price it high so that the $3000 cabana, that includes the beach club for 8, seems like a good deal.  

M

On 3/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, njsmom said:

It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise. 

Wow that is a crazy price to pay! Who in their right mind would pay that for the beach club?!

We went when it first opened a few years ago and we only paid $49 at that time. But even at that price, yea it was a nice area with better food, but having done Coco Cay so many times, we usually just rent a day bed and enjoy the island.

3 hours ago, teddybear231 said:

Wow that is a crazy price to pay! Who in their right mind would pay that for the beach club?!

We went when it first opened a few years ago and we only paid $49 at that time. But even at that price, yea it was a nice area with better food, but having done Coco Cay so many times, we usually just rent a day bed and enjoy the island.

How do you rent a day bed?

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

How do you rent a day bed?

They are available in the cruise planner. I definitely recommend reserving one as soon as you can because they tend to sell out, especially if there is another ship in port. I believe we paid $250 for a Chill Island daybed.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is so much to that island! And a teen wouldn't care to be around much older folks in the Club...

And the free food in the Snack Shack is fantastic! The funnel cakes!!!!!image.jpeg.6611be8c69b125ac611d4f403d09230b.jpeg

Hint: the questions you are asking have already been answered many times on this board. You can always use the Search window, or have your 15 yo do it. 🙂

What is a 'Shack Burger' and a 'Shack Crispy Chicken Sandwich' in comparison to a 'Beef Burger/Cheeseburger' and a 'Crispy Chicken Sandwich'??

On 3/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, njsmom said:

Who has gotten a day pass for Coco Beach Club? Is it worth it? I'm traveling with my 15-year-old son over spring break and I'm trying to decide what we should do on CocoCay. It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise. Not sure what it includes - mentions just this on the excursion page. Seems pretty light for that kind of price. I've never been to CocoCay, however, so I'd like to hear other people's experiences with it. I mean, you get premium towels!

• Full day access to Coco Beach Club.
  • Complimentary upscale Coco Beach Club restaurant.
  • Complimentary chairs, umbrellas, and premium towels.

We sailed the Anthem for the  2/4/2023 cruise and loved the Beach Club—-but we snagged it a great price at ~ $80 pp.  Beautiful property and fabulous lunch. We LOVED IT!  But for $232.99 pp?  Hard NO.  

Teddie. 

Edited by teddie

THere is a thrill waterpark that the teen may enjoy better.  Plus more kids his age.  I wouldn't spend the money on this unless the kid is a beach bum and wants to lay around for the day on a comfier lounge chair.  My son is like this and is a foodie.  Only reason I booked it for us.  

I've only done the beach club (once) and would love to book it again, but it doesn't seem to be offered, does anyone know why?  My cruise is next year, so maybe they will add it later?  The other amenities and beaches are being offered for my cruise.

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, kmsnyg said:

We just booked it for 78 per person. Early Black Friday deal, maybe? There will be 2 ships in port and I wanted a relaxing quiet place, so looking forward to it.

Wow, that's a great price these days! I don't remember the last time I've seen it below 100. Enjoy! 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kmsnyg said:

We just booked it for 78 per person. Early Black Friday deal, maybe? There will be 2 ships in port and I wanted a relaxing quiet place, so looking forward to it.

Just booked it for the first time- at 123.99 though. Looking forward to it too!

Edited by budmeister
  • Like 1