Chocolate-covered strawberry perk

Is it just me or does anyone else think they need do chop the tops (leaves/stems) off these strawberries?

I realize they’re preparing a few hundred of these for onboarding but, like really…would it hurt to have someone extra in the line just to cut the tops off?

these get so messy if you try to eat them with your hands, and you have to bite around the leaves. A good portion of the strawberry always goes wasted. 😡 it just seems like laziness to me, ie. “oh, here’s your welcome plate, have fun trying to eat them without making a mess, enjoy!” 

Also, do haven customers get their chocolate-covered strawberries prepared the same way as steerage or are yours fancier and with the tops cut off? I think if I were a Haven passenger and they left a plate of strawberries in my room without the tops cut off, I would lose my shhhhh😡

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think they need do chop the tops (leaves/stems) off these strawberries?

I realize they’re preparing a few hundred of these for onboarding but, like really…would it hurt to have someone extra in the line just to cut the tops off?

these get so messy if you try to eat them with your hands, and you have to bite around the leaves. A good portion of the strawberry always goes wasted. 😡 it just seems like laziness to me, ie. “oh, here’s your welcome plate, have fun trying to eat them without making a mess, enjoy!” 

Also, do haven customers get their chocolate-covered strawberries prepared the same way as steerage or are yours fancier and with the tops cut off? I think if I were a Haven passenger and they left a plate of strawberries in my room without the tops cut off, I would lose my shhhhh😡

It's just you. Perhaps upon arrival you could tell your cabin steward NOT to bring strawberries at all. Problem solved.

• Like 5

I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere with the tops cut off. They look prettier with the stem. And if you cut it off, once you put them in the fridge to set, they will quickly look not-so-fresh where it's been cut. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Since these types of plates are probably mass produced the day before embarkation, if the tops were cut, they would probably be starting to mold by the time that you got to your stateroom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Since these types of plates are probably mass produced the day before embarkation, if the tops were cut, they would probably be starting to mold by the time that you got to your stateroom. 

On my last two sailings, the strawberries were moldy by the second day--never got to eat one!  On my next sailing, those babies will be gone in no time on the first day!

• Haha 1

I hold them by the stem/leaves when eating them.  

And this sounds like a thread just to stir trouble, A quick google image search revealed hundreds of these treats with stems, and only a couple without stems which were pre-packaged or prepared as pops.

• Like 2

Easy solution: pack a strawberry huller (in your carry-on, so you don't have to wait for luggage delivery to eat them).

They look better whole (admit it, how many of you take a photo of the strawberries every single time), and it's easier and more hygienic to dip them with the stems on, as opposed to skewering the flesh.

• Like 1

I was also hoping to find “that guy”…the one who gets to their Haven cabin and loses it when they see strawberries without the tops cut off.

Kinda like the “NO MORE WIRE HANGERS” scene from “Mommy Dearest” 🙂 

also, not sure why people are saying these “look better” whole, and expect the stems to still be attached. As far as I’m concerned, the proper way to prepare chocolate-covered strawberries would be to cut the tops off and encase the ENTIRE berry in chocolate. Then, you eat them whole with your fingers, or, off a toothpick, if you’re dignified. 

Edited by marktwothousand

We leave in a few days for our first cruise with extended family. They are big cruisers. I’m pretty apprehensive. Seeing posts like these make me pretty certain that the passengers will not be my people. 

This level of entitlement in this post is so next level that I don’t even know what to make of it. 

i really hope we luck out and get a ship full of chill go with the flow travellers, instead of this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Giveitatry2023 said:

We leave in a few days for our first cruise with extended family. They are big cruisers. I’m pretty apprehensive. Seeing posts like these make me pretty certain that the passengers will not be my people. 

This level of entitlement in this post is so next level that I don’t even know what to make of it. 

i really hope we luck out and get a ship full of chill go with the flow travellers, instead of this. 

You will be just fine. Just make sure you bring a stack of $2 bills for tipping and a stash of ZipLoc bags for the buffet and any leftovers from specialty restaurants. 🤪

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, wacruiselover said:

You will be just fine. Just make sure you bring a stack of $2 bills for tipping and a stash of ZipLoc bags for the buffet and any leftovers from specialty restaurants. 🤪

$2 bills? What current has $2 bills. Plan on bringing USD for ship and Pesos for ports. 

3 minutes ago, Giveitatry2023 said:

$2 bills? What current has $2 bills. Plan on bringing USD for ship and Pesos for ports. 

So much to learn before cruising. You can get them from your local US bank. From Wikipedia:

The United States two-dollar bill is a current denomination of United States currency. A portrait of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, is featured on the obverse of the note. The reverse features an engraving of the circa 1818 painting Declaration of Independence by John Trumbull.

17 minutes ago, Giveitatry2023 said:

Some people think using $2 bills for tips is cool. 

FYI -I'm currently the owner of a $2 bill because I agreed to buy it from a bartender in Buenos Aires - his bank refused it.

1 hour ago, Giveitatry2023 said:

Hi,

Don't worry the majority of people cruising are sensible.  Too bad the OP hasn't other things to concern himself.  It's a pity.

Enjoy yourself and if you run into someone complaining about nonsense WALK AWAY!

Take care and have fun planning your cruise,

happytotravel

• Like 1