Cheap & CUTE MEDALLION HOLDERS

mrsmacadam

On 3/6/2023 at 5:39 AM, avonlady6390 said:

The wrist strap one sold on the ship was only 12.00 on my last cruise last year just used obc and don't have to worry it's not going to fit.

Great idea for all the OBC. Thank you!

On 3/15/2023 at 6:05 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm not interested in a holder for my medallion unless someone can tell me simply leaving it in my pocket won't lock/unlock the cabin door. I can understand the attraction for some folks, but my needs are pretty minimal.

If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you.

Doug

I always wear one on my wrist. It’s always with me & if I need to tag it on something it’s easy. The biggest thing for me is I’ll never leave it behind by mistake in my stateroom. I’m aware other people have different views, this happens to be my preference. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

On 3/22/2023 at 11:45 AM, Sprocket said:

These are the ones I have, love the retractable cord and the bling.  I attach mine to the side of my purse or bra or bathing suit strap.  Available in both AMAZON Canada and US. 

image.jpeg.592fd9764e9f287c42e90dbe2e7066b4.jpeg

I have these too. I clip them to the strap of the small purse I always carry on board.  They have held up beautifully through multiple cruises.  Love them! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

The only thing about the ones on Amazon is they don’t show your name that is on the medallion and the servers look for that.  That way they are charging the proper account.

That is the only drawback to the one I use as well. It's reasonably small it has a very strong clip, it's inexpensive (has been "buy 2 get 3" for a long time), and comes in a wide variety of colors. However, as you noted about some other items, it doesn't show your name (or the ship and date of the voyage).

image.png.068974c09bd43426b1a4212d445254fe.png      ClipColors.jpg.2b5b7188e9c82e7ef16132fc548f2770.jpg

Edited by Thrak

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That is the only drawback to the one I use as well. It's reasonably small it has a very strong clip, it's inexpensive (has been "buy 2 get 3" for a long time), and comes in a wide variety of colors. However, as you noted about some other items, it doesn't show your name (or the ship and date of the voyage).

image.png.068974c09bd43426b1a4212d445254fe.png      ClipColors.jpg.2b5b7188e9c82e7ef16132fc548f2770.jpg

I got those ones too @Thrax, I think it was you who posted.  Since there were usually 4 or 6 of us at the table together when we ordered a drink anyone within range of the waiters handheld came up on his screen.  I found they were always looking for the name so we just went back to the Princess lanyard.  I will use the others for in my suitcase when I get air tags.

We haven't received our medallions yet, so I can't look at one.  I'm confused about showing the name and ship.  Where does it show this?  If it's on the reverse side, couldn't you just put the medallion in the holder facing the reverse way?

13 minutes ago, new2cruise said:

We haven't received our medallions yet, so I can't look at one.  I'm confused about showing the name and ship.  Where does it show this?  If it's on the reverse side, couldn't you just put the medallion in the holder facing the reverse way?

This Medallion holder that covers the info and one that shows the info:

Medallions.jpg

White Medallion.JPG

5 minutes ago, cadreamer said:

Hi Still wondering what comes with the Medallion from Princess. I would love to see a picture of the lanyard and how the Medallion is attached to it. Or maybe just explain it to me. Feeling clueless. Thanks.

Hi cadreamer,

The medallions will come with a plastic case and a small thin white lanyard as seen here:

Princess Medallions and lanyards. Princess Cruise Line's Medallion, a  quarter-sized, wearable device. OceanMedallion or One Cruise Experience  Access Network. Stock Photo | Adobe Stock

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, martinitime1 said:

Are you saying that the Princess Medallion fit in this? I watched the video and it seems as though it is just for a badge.  Did I misunderstand?

On 3/24/2023 at 11:19 PM, SFSailaway said:

I have these too. I clip them to the strap of the small purse I always carry on board.  They have held up beautifully through multiple cruises.  Love them! 

This is just what I'm looking for.  A medallion holder with bling plus a retractable cord.  I have searched Amazon but can't find these.  Is  there any chance you would know the description used by Amazon?  TIA!

29 minutes ago, BuckeyeTraveler said:

This is just what I'm looking for.  A medallion holder with bling plus a retractable cord.  I have searched Amazon but can't find these.  Is  there any chance you would know the description used by Amazon?  TIA!

Me too me too

ETA: Found it!

https://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Holders-Rhinestones-Crystal-inches/dp/B085WPXY3X/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2VZPITR4MK67R&keywords=Retractable+holder+bling&qid=1681665304&sprefix=retractable+holder+bling%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-3

But I don’t think they’re what I’m looking for. Not sure how they would work well with a Princess Medallion. 

Edited by Ellipooh

I think I found the perfect thing. I got a watch for $1 at value village. I popped of the back, emptied the guts and put in the medallion. This medallion is from several years ago. We were using it as a magnet on our fridge. I  sure hope they haven't changed sizes! 

20230416_190336.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

I think I found the perfect thing. I got a watch for $1 at value village. I popped of the back, emptied the guts and put in the medallion. This medallion is from several years ago. We were using it as a magnet on our fridge. I  sure hope they haven't changed sizes! 

20230416_190336.jpg

Looks like it barely fits and ready to pop out. 

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Looks like it barely fits and ready to pop out. 

I have no idea why you would say that. It fits with tons of room and actually is floating around in there. It couldn't "pop out" because it's in the watch case, glass in the front and stainless steel in the back. 

On 4/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, wrongwaywatson said:

DH & I use this and it works great!  I bought one for my best friend and one for my SIL, also!  Love them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RC2B9BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

We just got ours. Looking forward to wearing them next week on the Sapphire.

IMG_4313.thumb.jpeg.d3acee0d2e64515c75c3e20e1539ffb6.jpeg

14 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

I have no idea why you would say that. It fits with tons of room and actually is floating around in there. It couldn't "pop out" because it's in the watch case, glass in the front and stainless steel in the back. 

From the photo you can't see the glass in the front. 

18 hours ago, billco said:

We just got ours. Looking forward to wearing them next week on the Sapphire.

IMG_4313.thumb.jpeg.d3acee0d2e64515c75c3e20e1539ffb6.jpeg

I have one of these as well and it works great. I bought mine several years ago and they look slightly different now. Mine doesn’t have the extra center prong on the bottom. But I’ve never had any problems with it even coming close to slipping out. I like that it fits right onto the watch band I already wear. 

I ordered this from Etsy. Cheaper than Amazon and lots of fun colors. I like that it fits on my existing smartwatch and that it's sized for the Princess medallion. Two with shipping and tax were about $15.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1380683206/cruise-medallion-watch-band-holder?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=princess+medallion+holder&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&bes=1&organic_search_click=1