Checking in separately, boarding time, and vaccine card (Boarding at Civitavecchia, Beyond)

zitsky

I'm doing my second Celebrity cruise in May.  Am I right that the two of us can check in separately and we will get separate boarding times, but both of us can board together at the earliest time?  My partner will be out of town.  Are people staying up until midnight to check in or just waiting for the next day?

Also, are we still taking pictures of vaccination cards and showing them when we board?  My card is in my iPhone wallet but I have a paper card also.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm doing my second Celebrity cruise in May.  Am I right that the two of us can check in separately and we will get separate boarding times, but both of us can board together at the earliest time?  My partner will be out of town.  Are people staying up until midnight to check in or just waiting for the next day?

Also, are we still taking pictures of vaccination cards and showing them when we board?  My card is in my iPhone wallet but I have a paper card also.

Some wait for 12:01 and others check in at the pier.

I certainly would bring my vax card or a copy as you never know.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

One of you can check both of you in. Also, they don't ask to see vax cards anymore. You don't need to be vaccinated.

Thanks both of you.

If I check in for both of us can he load a photo later?  I know some say to just do a photo at the pier.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If I check in for both of us can he load a photo later?  I know some say to just do a photo at the pier.

Yes, he can do the photo later or skip it entirely. I think you'll need his passport info, I don't think you can skip that part.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks both of you.

Have him take a selfie and email it to you is pretty easy.

I would definitely bring my covid info as you never know what will happen

• Thanks 1

If you are in the same cabin you can either check in at the same time or not.  Or you can check the other person in when you do yours.  Note that if you use the app you can go directly to the port arrival time and do the rest later.  Online you have to enter personal info, emergency contact and credit card info before getting to the port arrival time.

• Thanks 2

When I checked in earlier this week, I waited up until Midnight, went to where I selected my arrival time, got the arrival time I wanted and then went to bed.  Got up the next morning and did the passport and picture stuff.  I did not have to do all the personal info in order to select an arrival time. 

• Thanks 2

When I checked in for a cruise departing the end of this past January, I didn’t have DH here and I was not in selfie form!! LOL

But, I did have a recent photo of the two of us together from a wedding. As the photo was on my tablet, I simply zoomed in to each of us individually and snapped a picture with my cell phone into the check-in photo section.

Neither of us required a new photo at the pier!!

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2023 at 2:29 PM, zitsky said:

It may be easiest for you to log into your reservation (phone is easiest) and select the same CheckIn time for each of you.   You can complete the remainder at your convenience.   You will have access to all persons on your reservation -  just scroll down.   

I live on the West Coast so usually check in at 9:00 PM Pacific.   Normally the earliest slots remain available for a couple days but noticed for our Apex TransAtlantic that all the 11:00 shots were gone by the next morning.   Plenty of 11:30 were still available.

I guess the nice thing about check in times is if you are in a suite, but do the earliest regardless.  Love b2b and not having to get off the ship🍹 Also, the new Celebrity Terminal in Civi is very nice, but some huge shades, or something is needed, as the sun coming into the huge windows can be very warm.

6 minutes ago, florida23 said:

We are also on a cruise out of Rome in May, staying in a Sky Suite. This is our first time on Celebrity so unfamiliar with check in times and requirements. Can someone enlighten me please?

Celebrity now assigns you an arrival time at the pier for boarding when you do your online check in.  The sooner you check in online, the earlier boarding time you'll be able to select.  You should check now to see if your cruise is open for on-line check in.  You can do this on a laptop through the Cruise Planner (you'll be required to set up an account).  You can also do it on the ap (you'll need to download the ap onto your mobile phone in order to do that).  The process is the same regardless whether you use a laptop or mobile phone.  

Once you have an account set up, you'll be able to select CHECK IN.  Follow the instructions to complete online check-in (you'll need your reservation number in order to link the cruise to your account....it will ask you for that).  You'll be able to select your check in time at the pier during this process.  

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your cruise!

8 minutes ago, florida23 said:

Thank you Anne. That's what I'm used to but the comments of staying up until just after midnight confused me. 

You don't need to stay up: suite passengers can enter the port anytime, complete check-in, and board when the ship is ready.

(The time you select online isn't a boarding time; it's a port arrival time. In a suite, it doesn't matter.)

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 1