Premier Pass package

WVU-79

I just booked this for the first leg of my b2b in April. I had the deluxe drink package and one voom device booked. I rebooked the drink package and the pass and it came $20 cheaper. It will be nice to have the extra device internet and the free laundry.

I saw that and came straight here to see what you guys thought.    
I'd been pondering upgrading one soda package to Voom plus Soda.   For our cruise that would make the internet cost $14/day or $70 total.   

I wonder if by adding two people I was actually buying two packages?   Maybe the package is a plus-one situation?   So it is whoever is on the package, plus another person with them.  That would be nice.   As it is, since our group is two adults and two kids we couldn't use the embarkation and debarkation.   Unless maybe we sent one adult on ahead to secure a nice WJ table.   I expect we'll get the first regular boarding time since I plan on using my Disney-skills.   So the rest wouldn't be far behind.  

1 hour ago, ant12 said:

Same here I have two rooms booked with my children in the other room.  They are not little (ages 19 and 17) but I am hoping that if I buy two packages they can at least take advantage of the internet, ship tour, and priority boarding.  It's such a good price I wouldn't even care if we didn't do the lunch or the wine.

11 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I wonder if by adding two people I was actually buying two packages?   Maybe the package is a plus-one situation?   So it is whoever is on the package, plus another person with them.  That would be nice.   

I bought two packages also hoping this will be the case - we have our teens in a separate room as well. Really want the 4 internet packages for this price. The other stuff looks really nice, but Voom alone saves us about half of what we paid at Black Friday prices. Not cancelling our regular Internet package yet though...

• Like 2

ETA:  I wonder if they are limiting the number sold on each cruise?   For example, if most people have priority boarding then there isn't really priority boarding. 

Also, my sailing is Feb 2024 and the fine print said it was only offered for 2023 sailings. I hope they'll let me keep it.  

Edited by HappyTexan44

after reading this post i went and checked my upcoming booking ( 3/25/23 on Odyssey ) and it's there as well.  We booked this cruise a year ago so definitely throws out the thought of it having to be a "new" booking.  We have 4 people in a JS ( 2 adults, 2 kids ) and it's listed just the OP stated, 88.99 "Per package".  It won't let me every try to reserve for my kids ( says ineligible due to age ).  I think that is the confusing part.  If i try to book it, it will let me add both me and my wife, at 88.99 PER PERSON, so do i need to book for both of us if everything in the description says it's for 2 people?  This is either a crazy short time promo they're trying to do, or a pricing error.  As many others have stated 88.99 is less than the price of 1 person internet on an 8 night sailing.  Going to try calling RC and see what the deal is.  This is a steal if so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

I’m tempted to book it too but am so confused by the “per package” price but I don’t want to not select both of us and have it actually be per person!

When is your cruise?   Since this seems too good to be true I booked two packages for DH and I.   But then our cruise isn't for a year and I can cancel his depending on how this shakes out.  But adding him later on if needed seems unlikely.  

4 minutes ago, kdnewby said:

after reading this post i went and checked my upcoming booking ( 3/25/23 on Odyssey ) and it's there as well.  We booked this cruise a year ago so definitely throws out the thought of it having to be a "new" booking.  We have 4 people in a JS ( 2 adults, 2 kids ) and it's listed just the OP stated, 88.99 "Per package".  It won't let me every try to reserve for my kids ( says ineligible due to age ).  I think that is the confusing part.  If i try to book it, it will let me add both me and my wife, at 88.99 PER PERSON, so do i need to book for both of us if everything in the description says it's for 2 people?  This is either a crazy short time promo they're trying to do, or a pricing error.  As many others have stated 88.99 is less than the price of 1 person internet on an 8 night sailing.  Going to try calling RC and see what the deal is.  This is a steal if so.

Every indication in the description shows that it is priced per package...Not per person .

Even the title.."VIP for two Premier Pass" and then price clearly states 88.99 / per 'package'

However , it has long been true when something seems to good to be true it usually is.

Even thinking about the tour ... I mean how many of those would take place on a normal sailing ? With a deal like this the number would skyrocket ...There has to be reasonable limits on how many of these can actually be handed out. Not to mention as someone previously pointed out, Priority boarding for 50% of guests does not equate to actual priority boarding !

Something doesn't smell right

Cheers

• Like 3

Just now, HappyTexan44 said:

When is your cruise?   Since this seems too good to be true I booked two packages for DH and I.   But then our cruise isn't for a year and I can cancel his depending on how this shakes out.  But adding him later on if needed seems unlikely.  

October, I haven’t checked our ones after that! Yeah I’m tempted to just book it for both but not sure how easy it would be to cancel one if needed. Then again, for the benefits it’s worth trying!

1 minute ago, HappyTexan44 said:

It also stated "Additional fees may apply to booking changes or cancellations."

??

Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, ShillyShally said:

October, I haven’t checked our ones after that! Yeah I’m tempted to just book it for both but not sure how easy it would be to cancel one if needed. Then again, for the benefits it’s worth trying!

I have no personal experience.  But isn't cancelling add-ons pretty easy?    

When people have priority debarkation, is the luggage held in a different area and left there until you get there?    I am a bit worried about a Sam Brinton type luggage thief.   I was planning on us being at the leading edge of our time slot to lower the odds of someone walking off with our luggage on accident, or not.   But, if the Priority luggage was in a different area and handed to us as we arrived, that would be nice.  

• Haha 1

Just now, HappyTexan44 said:

I have no personal experience.  But isn't cancelling add-ons pretty easy?    

When people have priority debarkation, is the luggage held in a different area and left there until you get there?    I am a bit worried about a Sam Brinton type luggage thief.   I was planning on us being at the leading edge of our time slot to lower the odds of someone walking off with our luggage on accident, or not.   But, if the Priority luggage was in a different area and handed to us as we arrived, that would be nice.  

I tend to pack light so usually just do self-disembark but am curious as that may tempt me to give up my bag the night before!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

It also stated "Additional fees may apply to booking changes or cancellations."

??

Cheers

hmmmm, yes there is that.  Well, we'll have two teens with us.  So, if the cancellation penalty is anything much, we could just have the teens be our plus ones for everything non-alcohol related.  Maybe DH and I could do two Officer's Lunches and wine pairings, with each taking a turn being the plus-one.   

2 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

hmmmm, yes there is that.  Well, we'll have two teens with us.  So, if the cancellation penalty is anything much, we could just have the teens be our plus ones for everything non-alcohol related.  Maybe DH and I could do two Officer's Lunches and wine pairings, with each taking a turn being the plus-one.   

Ha, I like the going twice as each others plus one! Don’t think DH would appreciate my finding anyone else as a plus one 🙂

• Like 1