Brother in law refuses to use medallion app

debster11

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We were never asked for our Medallion after our first visit to the Club dining room. 

It puzzled me why we are asked, as we were greeted by name after the first visit.

Since they knew who we were, I did not see the need to scan a Medallion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

I wonder if the newest ships for the other brands are having the hardware for the Medallion technology installed as part of the ships' construction

I was told that P&O's Iona had all the cabling installed for the Medallion system when she was built but as the system was unreliable at that time, and Covid intervened, it was not implemented.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, david63 said:

I was told that P&O's Iona had all the cabling installed for the Medallion system when she was built but as the system was unreliable at that time, and Covid intervened, it was not implemented.

Who told you that

8 hours ago, caribill said:

It puzzled me why we are asked, as we were greeted by name after the first visit.

Since they knew who we were, I did not see the need to scan a Medallion.

I think it’s possible that the system may track usage of the MDR’s 

On 3/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, debster11 said:

Is it mandatory to use the medallion. My brother-in-law is one of those who thinks everyone is watching. He refuses to allow access to his photos and camera. Does he somehow bypass this? I apologize if this has already been asked.

I don't get it.  130 posts on a topic when the answer should be "why does the OP care about what the BIL does as long as it works for him and he is happy.  A bit of a tempest in a teapot in my opinion.

DON

1 minute ago, donaldsc said:

I don't get it.  130 posts on a topic when the answer should be "why does the OP care about what the BIL does as long as it works for him and he is happy.  A bit of a tempest in a teapot in my opinion.

DON

I see it more as a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, antsp said:

Never understand people like this, do they think there is a big room somewhere with lots of people, and lots of screens watching what you do. 

And of course on a cruise ship there are upwards of 1000 cameras so in a sense he is correct, someone IS watching at all times. 🙂  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Actually, the OP asked, for her BIL, if there was a way to cruise without a medallion. She received that information.  Most of the remaining responses are commentary on her BILs mental health. She didn’t ask for any of that, but it is human nature.

If CC consisted only of reasonable questions, asked once, and practical answers, provided once, it would be a very small website indeed. And a lot less interesting. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Thanks 1