How Does Britannia Club Dining Work?

SargassoPirate

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I are considering a Britannia Club Balcony for a crossing on the QM2.  On the Cunard website it says:

"In the evening, you’ll be free to dine at any time between 6.30pm and 9.00pm, with a table reserved for you throughout your voyage. During the day, casual dress is welcomed, with smart attire (jacket optional) after 6.00pm. Dining at the Britannia Club Restaurant is included in your fare if you are staying in a Britannia Club Balcony stateroom. There is no need to book."

Does this mean that our table is there waiting for us anytime we decide to show up for dinner?

Thanks from a Cunard Newbie.

10 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Yes, your table is waiting for you during restaurant opening times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

You will have at least 2 gala Evenings where jackets will be required. 

Thanks, host hattie.  We are doing our due diligence with research to avoid surprises.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I are considering a Britannia Club Balcony for a crossing on the QM2.  On the Cunard website it says:

"In the evening, you’ll be free to dine at any time between 6.30pm and 9.00pm, with a table reserved for you throughout your voyage. During the day, casual dress is welcomed, with smart attire (jacket optional) after 6.00pm. Dining at the Britannia Club Restaurant is included in your fare if you are staying in a Britannia Club Balcony stateroom. There is no need to book."

Does this mean that our table is there waiting for us anytime we decide to show up for dinner?

Thanks from a Cunard Newbie.

You will also experience a pre grill experience..

We always use BC if not Princess 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What is a pre grill experience?

Just for starters.

Stateroom coffee machine, bottled water, thick and fluffy dressing gowns.

Separate dining room, true service excellence, enhanced menus, table side flambé, proper cheese board to select from.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Just for starters.

Separate dining room, true service excellence, enhanced menus, table side flambé, proper cheese board to select from.

Pre Grill Experience - You Named Them All and more.......Thank you...

14 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Just for starters.

Ah, I was interpreting pre in its chronological sense. I have been in both BC and PG so know what is available. I thought it might mean that, after BC, people booked PG next.

11 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Ah, I was interpreting pre in its chronological sense. I have been in both BC and PG so know what is available. I thought it might mean that, after BC, people booked PG next.

Yes, that's how I read it, too. A stepping stone on the way to the Grills. It reminds me of Caronia on QE2. The main difference was the dining room. You had your own table and did not have an assigned dining time, but the cabins weren't as large as the Grills cabins and there was no special lounge. 

• Like 1

What is a pre grill experience?

A  halfway House to PG ! 

You all know I've referred to this soooooo many times on this board 

Whilst my preference is occasionally the Grills, there is also life outside .   

after BC, people booked PG next.

As we did in this past September sailing, BC 3 times lead us to Princess Grill.

But did get the impression in BC of the set table, open dining/dinner time, extended menu, flambe tables and impressive cheese board except in the PG dining room.

The more spacious cabin also helped over the Britannia Class cabin size.

• Like 1

Some of the terminology used by Cunard gives the impression that Britannia Club "guests" can dine any time only at dinner.  It is not always clear that breakfast and lunch are also available any time during opening hours and the assigned table is yours for all meals. 

We have  travelled in the Club twice on the QM2. I highly recommend the staterooms on Deck 13 which were added in 2016. Although they are the same size as the older Club cabins on Deck 12 - and Britannia balcony cabins - the furnishings are nicer. The bathroom is quite attractive and there is a glass door instead of the usual shower curtain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

Some of the terminology used by Cunard gives the impression that Britannia Club "guests" can dine any time only at dinner.  It is not always clear that breakfast and lunch are also available any time during opening hours and the assigned table is yours for all meals. 

We have  travelled in the Club twice on the QM2. I highly recommend the staterooms on Deck 13 which were added in 2016. Although they are the same size as the older Club cabins on Deck 12 - and Britannia balcony cabins - the furnishings are nicer. The bathroom is quite attractive and there is a glass door instead of the usual shower curtain.

Only disappointing point is distance to restaurant on Deck 2 Elevator D.

Good way to develop an appetite and walk off the meals.

5 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Only disappointing point is distance to restaurant on Deck 2 Elevator D.

Good way to develop an appetite and walk off the meals.

That was perfect for us. Cabin almost at Staircase B. Breakfast & Lunch; walk from deck 12 down to deck 2 and stroll along to Britannia Club port side. Deviating via deck 3 for aperitifs before dinner. Returning via a very rewarding 10 deck climb! 🤣

1 hour ago, D&N said:

That was perfect for us. Cabin almost at Staircase B. Breakfast & Lunch; walk from deck 12 down to deck 2 and stroll along to Britannia Club port side. Deviating via deck 3 for aperitifs before dinner. Returning via a very rewarding 10 deck climb! 🤣

We will be Deck 12 btw A & B this time. On summer NE/CAN sailings, we like to walk Deck 12 Semi Promenade Deck outside to Elevator D. On a beautiful night a pleasant stroll.

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1