My Online Check-in Available Soon - Remind Me - Time?

Ferry_Watcher

38 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hello Friends, I can check-in this Sunday for my cruise.  I live in the Seattle area, and my cruise will also be sailing from the west coast.  What time (Pacific Daylight Savings Time) can I begin my online check-in.  Thanks!

9:00 PM. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hello Friends, I can check-in this Sunday for my cruise.  I live in the Seattle area, and my cruise will also be sailing from the west coast.  What time (Pacific Daylight Savings Time) can I begin my online check-in.  Thanks!

Midnight, or shortly thereafter, for the departure port. Since you live on the West Coast and the ship is sailing from the West Coast, I would say midnight Pacific time or a few minutes there after. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Midnight, or shortly thereafter, for the departure port. Since you live on the West Coast and the ship is sailing from the West Coast, I would say midnight Pacific time or a few minutes there after. 

No, it would be ~9:00 PM PDT for Seattle as the online check in starts at midnight east coast time EDT (Miami). Been there done that and just did it ~45 days ago. 

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

see you on the solstice ?

This isn't a TA - it is the only 9 night itinerary that Solstice will be doing this season in Alaska and it is pretty much sold out.

Ferry_Watcher - thank you for asking. I'm on the East coast and was wondering if I could check in at midnight EDT or if I had to wait until 3 am. See you onboard.

My experience is that it is Midnight of the timezone that the cruise is departing.     I would expect it to be at 12:00 Am PDT but you could always check at 9:00 PM just to confirm.    Come back and let us know what you find.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

No, it would be ~9:00 PM PDT for Seattle as the online check in starts at midnight east coast time EDT (Miami). Been there done that and just did it ~45 days ago. 

Our experiences has been as @Jim_Iain stated, midnight in the time zone the ship is departing. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience is that it is Midnight of the timezone that the cruise is departing.     I would expect it to be at 12:00 Am PDT but you could always check at 9:00 PM just to confirm.    Come back and let us know what you find.

Yes! That’s our experience also

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

FWIW,  my upcoming TA opened for checkin 6 or 7 days ago.  All check in times were avaliable until yesterday.

I checked in 2 days after check in opened.  All times were still available.   Relax.

You mean you can choose what time you want to board? I thought that was assigned. But to be honest, I always boarded as soon as I was able in the past.

Also what is the earliest time you can board in Vancouver nowadays?

Edited by Tinknock50

8 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

You mean you can choose what time you want to board? I thought that was assigned. But to be honest, I always boarded as soon as I was able in the past.

Also what is the earliest time you can board in Vancouver nowadays?

A lot of people are confusing arrival time at the pier and boarding.  When you check in for the cruise you will select the time your are suppose to arrived at the pier to completed check in.  Once at the pier and check in there has been completed you will be able to board the ship once the ship is cleared for boarding.  Cruisers on a consecuitive cruise (B2B) board first followed by Suits / Zenith's and then others.  Boarding time is dependent on when the ship has reach a zero count from the pervious cruise and has been cleared by local authorities for boarding of new cruises. 

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks!  I promise to give an update.

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

A lot of people are confusing arrival time at the pier and boarding.  When you check in for the cruise you will select the time your are suppose to arrived at the pier to completed check in.  Once at the pier and check in there has been completed you will be able to board the ship once the ship is cleared for boarding.  Cruisers on a consecuitive cruise (B2B) board first followed by Suits / Zenith's and then others.  Boarding time is dependent on when the ship has reach a zero count from the pervious cruise and has been cleared by local authorities for boarding of new cruises. 

Yes, I meant check in time. As a person who has cruised so many times I have lost count, you never know ahead of time when you will actually board.

I just never paid any attention to assigned check-in before, and don’t know very many that ever did.

Has it gotten stricter since 2019 and they will refuse to check you in until your assigned time?

Also in the last 6 years I traveled with a disabled person so was allowed to check-in whenever we arrived , but now I am without him so want to know how it works currently.

I am also asking again about what time does check in start now in Vancouver?  What was it last Alaska season?

Edited by Tinknock50

35 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Has it gotten stricter since 2019 and they will refuse to check you in until your assigned time?

That depends entirely upon the port (and I expect, to some extent, how busy they are at the time).

2 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

I am also asking again about what time does check in start now in Vancouver?  What was it last Alaska season?

Sorry, I have not done an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity.  When we checked in for our Alaska Cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Seattle last year, it check in on the Web site and App opened at about 2 minutes after midnight Pacific time.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Thanks!  I promise to give an update.

Sorry I provide incorrect info. For some reason I didn't read "...also be sailing from the west coast". I'll be taking a long walk off a short pier now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:09 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Last year I was trying it out for our return from Reykjavik and I was able to CheckIn at 5PM PDT.

I’m on a cruise leaving Rotterdam in May.  I live in AZ.  I can check in at 3 pm MST

Thanks!