Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

Yes!

Booked QM2 for two weeks around the Med in April 2025.

Managed to get a Q4. By ten past one, there was only one left.

Now I'm thinking of starting a go fund me page.

Edited by BigMac1953
it took my word out
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

I'm keeping an eye on H505, the segment of Queen Anne's maiden world voyage from New York to San Francisco in January 2025. I'd prefer to wait and book this on board in a couple months but if I see availability getting tight I may book it sooner. I'm only looking for a Britannia Balcony so I don't anticipate there will be a problem waiting.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm keeping an eye on H505, the segment of Queen Anne's maiden world voyage from New York to San Francisco in January 2025. I'd prefer to wait and book this on board in a couple months but if I see availability getting tight I may book it sooner. I'm only looking for a Britannia Balcony so I don't anticipate there will be a problem waiting.

I booked club, and there weren't a lot of cabins available. It's a long (for me) cruise with a lot of sea days, so I'm splurging on better food and service. Grills are a splurge too far on this one, alas.

• Like 2

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I are looking at the QM2 cruise to Tromso roundtrip from NYC for October 2024.

We are RCI and Princess cruisers, but did a transatlantic on the QM2 several years ago and loved the ship.  No country fare rides and no feral children.  Didn't see a single T-shirt or ballcap on backwards in the Britannia dining room for the entire voyage. 

• Like 2

Booked the Queen Victoria full round South America trip on 9 January 2025 - 78 nights, yikes! Still a long way away, but an exciting prospect for us, including some ports that we can't even spell. Got the cabin we wanted, so all good. Was tempted to wait with booking until we're on board in June, but in the end decided to go for it - bird in the hand and all that.

• Like 6

On 3/15/2023 at 12:58 PM, bluemarble said:

Is there an advantage of booking on board?

27 minutes ago, Lulu73 said:

Is there an advantage of booking on board?

I'm not certain these are the current amounts, but here is what I have for the amount of onboard credit you receive for booking on board, based on the length of the voyage and the cabin category.

6-9 Nights
$100 per person for Inside/Oceanview
$150 per person for Britannia Balcony
$200 per person for Grills Suite

10+ Nights 
$200 per person for Inside/Oceanview
$300 per person for Britannia Balcony
$400 per person for Grills Suite

• Like 1

9 hours ago, babs135 said:

I wish, but DH is steadfast in not booking this far ahead 😭.  I'm trying both subtle and unsubtle hints but he won't budge!!!

Does he have some rational reason for his stance?

I sent our travel agent all our requirements on February 3rd for a Summer 2025 itinerary that is unlikely to appear on websites that have pre-release information before July or August.  Her instructions are that I'll confirm the sailings when the dates become known and she should be ready to book as soon as released. I've given her a list of 5 cabin numbers, but I really expect her to get the first on that list.

I'm not a fan of management speak, but we live our lives by: Fail to plan - Plan to fail.

There are practical reasons; in that it saves me getting all the information in one place nearer the time and I don't know what her own cruising plans are for this year. She's just back from about a fortnight on P&O's Arvia, so she might be catching up on what she missed in the pandemic.

• Like 2

D&N  If I'm being honest with myself he does have legitimate reasons for being cautious, namely cost and health.  He doesn't want the commitment of a cruise hanging over us, even if at this stage it would only be the deposit.  Secondly is our health. We are both senior citizens and our health is not brilliant and sadly it's not going to improve.  I'm never going to change him, not after 50+ years of marriage, but who knows, he may surprise me yet!!

• Like 2

We can't decide between the Rio to Fort Lauderdale segment of the WC or the San Francisco to Hong Kong, one on QV one on QA. We will decide nearer the time when I've had the opportunity to fence my share of the Brinksmat robbery....😂

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

We finally decided on the 52 night RT FLL  to S.A.on QV!  We have never been on QV and have never been to S.A. so are very, very excited!  

Is that South America? I assumed at first you meant South Africa then the penny dropped. That should be wonderful! Well done.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:53 PM, alibabacruisers said:

We finally decided on the 52 night RT FLL  to S.A.on QV!  We have never been on QV and have never been to S.A. so are very, very excited!  

Fabulous. I have booked the 78 night RT from Southampton on the QV.  Definitely an amazing itinerary that wil likely require many beans on toast for dinner over the next year or so 😂

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, Gretchendz said:

Just booked the Queen Victoria March 30, 2025 in a Princess Grill Suite. Have sailed the QM2 several times but a first on the Victoria.  Love to sail out of Hamburg as we have family in Berlin.

I feel like that about my family too, sometimes. 😉

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:09 AM, tmacktravels said:

Fabulous. I have booked the 78 night RT from Southampton on the QV.  Definitely an amazing itinerary that wil likely require many beans on toast for dinner over the next year or so 😂

Also thinking about this one. We we see how we go for 34 nights in October and book onboard if we are still talking to each other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2023 at 6:53 AM, babs135 said:

I wish, but DH is steadfast in not booking this far ahead 😭.  I'm trying both subtle and unsubtle hints but he won't budge!!!

*grins* Does he understand there are REFUNDABLE deposits?