Booked price different than invoice price

Waynetor

I have booked a Ocean view cabin tonight.  I get the message that no cabins are available and they are moving me up to balcony at no extra cost.  It shows the o/v price all the way through the booking to the very end.  I put a no payment hold n the cabin.  I then get a confirmation for the booking and it has the pricing as if i booked a balcony to start.

I can call Princess on Friday but wondering if anyone has a explanation on why the correct price shows on-line but gets changed in the background as the booking number gets generated.   

Would ne nice if you could post the ship, date and voyage length.  I am guessing that the cabin category you ended up with (Bx) is what drove the pricing for the invoice.  How did you get this message? Are you saying it popped up on the screen while you were shopping a cruise on Princess.com?  Never heard of that before.

This is for the Island P 14 night de 22./23   

Started off trying to book an accessible, inside cabin. It says cabin P535 is available but when get half way done the booking a massage pops up the cabin is not available.   Did this 3 times over about a 1 hour period and each time the cabin would be available and then not as I went through the booking.

I then tried to get a ocean view accessible cabin and got the message that none were available but would be updated to balcony for the same price  - $2,937 Cdn with basic package.  I was given a choice of several aft cabins on deck 7.  I choose one and continued with the booking.  The 2,937 shows all the way through the on-line booking.  I put a hold on the booking and got a booking #.  When I open the email conformation it shows a price of $3,945.  If I open my booking under my account it also shows the higher price which is equivalent to the price as if I have selected a balcony cabin as my original request. 

I thought I had made a mistake and then re did the whole process putting a hold on a neighbouring cabin with same higher price change result.     

Hi @Waynetor, I just did the same thing on the US site, and as you have stated when you select you want an accessible cabin and select OV, the system says no accessible OV are available and Princess is upgrading to balcony cabin at no extra cost(same as OV rate) and it gives preliminary pricing at OV fare, but when I then go into cruise Personalizer looking at payments, the fare listed is the regular Balcony rate over $3000 not the $2108 per person USD fare shown thru the booking process.

Call as soon as Princess opens tomorrow if you really want this sailing.

A few years ago, a similar situation happened when I was booking for relatives who needed an accessible cabin and I think it was also the Island Princess.  While booking, the website said no OV accessible was available and Princess was upgrading to balcony accessible for same OV fare. I don’t remember all the details, but I remember a call to passenger relations with screen shot of page with notice of complimentary upgrade to next category . Princess honored to complimentary upgrade and the fare of the lower OV fare for the balcony.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wallyj said:

A few years ago, a similar situation happened when I was booking for relatives who needed an accessible cabin and I think it was also the Island Princess.  While booking, the website said no OV accessible was available and Princess was upgrading to balcony accessible for same OV fare. I don’t remember all the details, but I remember a call to passenger relations with screen shot of page with notice of complimentary upgrade to next category . Princess honored to complimentary upgrade and the fare of the lower OV fare for the balcony.

The screenshot is essential to proving what was seen.

So, Waynetor, get a screen shot if you have not already done so before calling Princess.

• Like 2

Everything fixed - I called Princess and the first person could not see the special code but call was forwarded and prices fixed.

I've never used screenshot before but used it this morning to check another partial booking and was seeing the same thing - so I learned about screenshots in Window

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Everything fixed - I called Princess and the first person could not see the special code but call was forwarded and prices fixed.

I've never used screenshot before but used it this morning to check another partial booking and was seeing the same thing - so I learned about screenshots in Window

Great news, enjoy your cruise!  Thank you for letting us know the results, we appreciate it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Waynetor said:

I have booked a Ocean view cabin tonight.  I get the message that no cabins are available and they are moving me up to balcony at no extra cost.  It shows the o/v price all the way through the booking to the very end.  I put a no payment hold n the cabin.  I then get a confirmation for the booking and it has the pricing as if i booked a balcony to start.

I can call Princess on Friday but wondering if anyone has an explanation on why the correct price shows on-line but gets changed in the background as the booking number gets generated.   

I suggest to use the “Chat” feature & post what they tell you. 

Tom😀

7 minutes ago, Senga said:

I know how to do a screenshot on my iPhone but have no idea how to do it on my desktop computer.  Any advice?

Mac: Command+ Shift+ 4

Not sure on other models...

10 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Mac,  just tried that & nothing happened.... User error?

Gotta be...hit them & hold in that order & a little bullseye shows up.

Move it to where you want it, pull the lower right corner to cover the area you want to screenshoot, then let go & it should be on your desktop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Mac,  just tried that & nothing happened.... User error?

Applications folder, then Utilities folder then Screenshot app. You have a few options using that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Thanks but I don’t have a Mac!

Windows try holding the "windows" key and hit the print screen key. Screen will darken briefly to let you know it took. Should save itself to a screenshot file in your pictures folder.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Senga said:

I know how to do a screenshot on my iPhone but have no idea how to do it on my desktop computer.  Any advice?

CTRL  ALT  PRTSCN   at same time using Windows on a desktop or laptop

Then do a paste somewhere (word document, E-mail, etc.)  CTRL V

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Windows try holding the "windows" key and hit the print screen key. Screen will darken briefly to let you know it took. Should save itself to a screenshot file in your pictures folder.

20 hours ago, caribill said:

CTRL  ALT  PRTSCN   at same time using Windows on a desktop or laptop

Then do a paste somewhere (word document, E-mail, etc.)  CTRL V

BOTH work perfectly so, thanks very much for taking the time to help an intelligent but not tech savvy 73 year old!