mini-fridge question?

j3000

If there’s anything in the mini, you can certainly ask that it be emptied.  They will probably put it in a bag and stash the contents under your bed or in the closet in the room.  If you are trying to keep temptation away, you can ask that the bag be removed completely, otherwise expect to remain in your room.

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

are the mini-fridges in the staterooms stocked with product$?

if so, can you ask to have it emptied (or even request an empty one, in advance)?😉

The easiest way is to ask your attendant to empty the contents of the refrigerator when you arrive.  What they do with it is not your worry.  We did it last cruise and it worked out fine.

2 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

if so, can you ask to have it emptied (or even request an empty one, in advance)?😉

We get our cabin steward to empty it on every cruise. We use it for our free Elite water and milk.

Just off the reflection and we did the same thing, in the past we would get the Drinks and more package that included the minifridge, but with the crazy increase in costs, I just had them clear out the minifridge for me on our first day, and we used it to stock water and other drinks over the course of the cruise. I did notice they restocked it the last night before we returned to FLL, probably to help prep for the next rotation. And they left our stuff in the fridge but because they all looked the same we just left it and got new water on our way off. 

I've asked, without problem, to have the fridge emptied before our cruise.  I travel with medication that needs to be refrigerated, and I'm always able to stick it in there immediately upon arrival.  They've also frozen my blue ice and delivered it to me on disembarkation morning.

Edited by wanderlust58

8 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

Unsure if every mini-fridge is the same across every Celebrity ship, but based on our fridge last autumn, don't expect the volume of a college-dorm mini-fridge (if you're familiar with those).

Ours was roughly the same width as you look at it, but much shallower. The door offered space for a few beverage cans/beer bottles in terms of their width/height; and in the body of the fridge, we could stand a few wine bottles and several soda-size cans and/or Celebrity's bottled H2O.

But if you have leftovers from a meal, it might prove challenging to place them inside (again, based on our experience). At best, I could place a side-/bread-plate inside unless I was willing to insert it vertically 😁 Definitely couldn't store a dinner-size plate.

Finally, our mini-fridge kept things cool, but definitely not cold.

Hope this helps,

cjr

We were told not to store food in the “refrigerator” as it isn’t one.  It is more of a chiller or cooler and doesn’t get cold enough to keep food at a safe temperature.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

16 hours ago, marieps said:

The post did not mention whether the OP was in a suite.  Suite fridges are stocked with beverages included in the fare.

Maybe in Premium suites like RS and PH.  In my experience sailing CS or SS, the minifridges come with water.  Last cruise (in a CS) we had to ask for soda and some beer to be added.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Maybe in Premium suites like RS and PH.  In my experience sailing CS or SS, the minifridges come with water.  Last cruise (in a CS) we had to ask for soda and some beer to be added.

Maybe my butler was trying to be proactive.  Our SS on Summit a year ago also had sodas, tonic and beer in the fridge.  It too was cold, rather than cool.  Might it be certain Hotel Mgrs or F&B Mgrs are more generous than others in how they run things on certain ships?  I don't know.  I'll be in an SS on Sillie in October for the TA and I would hope to find the fridge stocked as I have in the last year.  

On 3/18/2023 at 11:10 AM, marieps said:

Maybe my butler was trying to be proactive.  Our SS on Summit a year ago also had sodas, tonic and beer in the fridge.  It too was cold, rather than cool.  Might it be certain Hotel Mgrs or F&B Mgrs are more generous than others in how they run things on certain ships?  I don't know.  I'll be in an SS on Sillie in October for the TA and I would hope to find the fridge stocked as I have in the last year.  

Yes the butler always asks on your first meeting what you want in your mini-fridge.