Teenagers causing damage to ship this week

19 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but what if Toyota was all you could afford?

Then buy a Kia. Kia makes a nice model called a Carnival and with the money you save, buy a nice pair of head phones to block out all the kiddie noises.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eriksgarden said:

We don't expect there to be no kids.  Kids are not the  problem.  Bad parenting and lack of control/respect is the problem.

Don’t worry, wasn’t responding to you,  I left it vague as the people in the thread know who they are that don’t want kids on the boat.

Totally agree kids arent the problem.  Lack of control and respect is the issue.  It’s always been an issue, but the pandemic and social media has definitely taken a toll.  I do my best as a parent but you’re battling a tidal wave of endless social media and influencers and my kids don’t have phones, and only get their iPads sparingly.

I get to hear “I’m the only kid in my class without a phone” pleas EVERY DAY.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I get that it can be annoying too but people have to realize Royal Corporate does not care one lick about us as people. We are $ signs to them, that is all. Only if enough us refuse to give Royal any more of our $ will will they ever deal affectively with the miscreants (much nicer word that I use for them). $$ is the only language Cruise lines understand. 

Yeah, especially the "loyal only to Royal" types. 

People whose business they actually have to work for will do better.

13 minutes ago, Gifguy said:

i-need-more-evidence-colin-jost.gif.78ab937516fe1938dd60045627c94018.gif

The only think that has been cited as proof is a photo of broken buttons in an elevator that past cruisers have stated that it was like that before. Your biased testimony in which you bring up another thread that is talking about it, but that thread and this thread were created by the same author if I'm not mistaken.

There was another poster who seems to have disappeared who said the same thing about evidence. Since then there have been multiple reports from the same sailing confirming. For some reason that poster has disappeared. Maybe because of the confirming reports. All the evidence needed has been provided. I am convinced it happened. When multiple posters confirm I don’t think anyone is biased. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Then buy a Kia. Kia makes a nice model called a Carnival and with the money you save, buy a nice pair of head phones to block out all the kiddie noises.  😁

I already have 2 Kias. 🙂

And I don't have a problem with kiddie noises.

6 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Excellent list.

We basically had the same list for our son when he was a teenager. He still talks about my busting him when he stopped by his cabin with a (male) friend to pick something up (directly across from our cabin), and he invited him inside.  We gave him as much freedom as we could, believing it was a good "practice" for young adulthood, but the rules were not to be broken.  I was not our son's friend.  I was his mom, and willing to embarrass him if necessary.  Heck, our existence was embarrassing at that time! 🤣  Parenting, true hands-on parenting, is not for the faint of heart. 🙂

I have this t-shirt.  When they were teens,  my offspring did NOT like when I wore it.  😉 

Amazon.com: Embarrassing My Children Just One More Service I Offer Tee :  Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

I get to hear “I’m the only kid in my class without a phone” pleas EVERY DAY.

Hang in there!  Our son was limited with devices as well.  And when he would whine and ask my husband how he could reach us in an emergency, his dad told him to borrow one of the other kids' phones, since there were so many around him.  🤣  He was so deprived.

Edited by barbeyg
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, theotherchad said:

Wait, what? You have Don and La Lido Loca blocked? Why? 

I find Don to be really annoying and uses click bait titles. La Lido is not as annoying but is not far behind. Gary Bembridge is pretty much the only cruise blogger that I can stand. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gifguy said:

Let's pump the brakes for a minute...

slow-down-pump-the-brakes.gif.cd14095b1681d7fb781e2812159b8499.gif

I will bet my left pinky ring (sorry got crossed up with the "Mafia style" longshoreman thread) - that vast majority of rule breaking and damage is done by....wait for it....ADULTS. Between fights, drunkenness, overt displays of public "affection" that would be close to a NC-17 rating, and smoking all sorts of things on board. And here, kids are being vilified. 

I totally agree with this.  And I feel that children behave this way because their PARENTS allow them to.  So again, the punishment should fall on the parents, then MAYBE the parents would actually discipline their kids.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Hang in there!  Our son was limited with devices as well.  And when he would whine and ask my husband how he could reach us in an emergency, his dad told him to borrow one of the other kids' phones, since there were so many around him.  🤣  He was so deprived.

I do think, depending on the age of the kids, not having access to a phone DOES impact social life.  When I was growing up, while we didn't have cell phones, everyone had a landline (many families don't any more) and pay phones were in abundant supply (if you got stranded/ready to be picked up). 

Now a lot of communications happens via cell (whether text or app), and the child who doesn't have access to the communication WILL miss out on get togethers, projects, and other items that we used to use phones for "back in the day".

AGAIN, this is really dependent on age.  By the time a kid is in about 7-8th grade, I'd say a phone is almost a necessity.  No, it doesn't need to be the "latest/greatest", in fact, it can probably be 4-5 generations old (possibly older).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

True Dawg, but the point is, it's not the cruise line, it's the mentality and manners of people these days, that crosses all boundaries, any cruise line.  You can't escape it.

Reminds of the time lifeguard told a mother her toddler could not be in the pool; child had a diaper on.  Her response was to remove diaper, throw it on the side and say," ok, she does not have a diaper now". Saw this with my own eyes.😲 She did eventually leave.

Sorry I drifted away from original topic.  Now I will get back to the topic of damage control

Edited by retiredgram
getting clarity
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I find Don to be really annoying and uses click bait titles. La Lido is not as annoying but is not far behind. Gary Bembridge is pretty much the only cruise blogger that I can stand. 

I agree about Don, more about him being annoying than about click bait. I'll occasionally watch, but he just seems to complain more than inform. I find Tony on La Lido Loca pretty amusing. I get his sense of humor and I usually agree with his opinions. 

Bembridge is probably the most informative cruise vlogger, and his fellow Brit, Emma Cruises is also really informative. The only issues are that Emma spends too much screen time  on really cheap cruises based in the British Isles and Gary Bembridge focuses much more on the higher end super traditional cruise lines, so they  aren't as tuned in to what I am interested in. 

If you haven't watched Visit with Us, Rich and Helen are a couple of Brits who do videos on mostly very high end cruises, but I find his narration subtly hilarious. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theotherchad said:

I find Tony on La Lido Loca pretty amusing. I get his sense of humor and I usually agree with his opinions. 

Possibly I did not give him enough of a chance. I will take another look. I will check out Emma and Rich and Helen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There was another poster who seems to have disappeared who said the same thing about evidence. Since then there have been multiple reports from the same sailing confirming. For some reason that poster has disappeared. Maybe because of the confirming reports. All the evidence needed has been provided. I am convinced it happened. When multiple posters confirm I don’t think anyone is biased. 

I think two threads were merged 

• Like 1