Celebrity and Rakuten

jules815

53 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My TA offers pretty much 10% on the cruisefare including AI.  

And I get a gift card from my big box TA. Rakuten offers 2% back on the things TAs don't. Excursions, drinks, dining, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I log into Rakuten and make subsequent payments to the reservation for cash back if the original cruise booking was not made through clicking Rakuten? Reason is the flights by celebrity website was not working and needed a phone call in to create the booking, but it has not been paid yet.

12 hours ago, GenericBob said:

Can I log into Rakuten and make subsequent payments to the reservation for cash back if the original cruise booking was not made through clicking Rakuten? Reason is the flights by celebrity website was not working and needed a phone call in to create the booking, but it has not been paid yet.

Now that's a good question! I have no idea, but whenever I log onto the Celebrity website, I always get the option to click on the Rakuten save 2% link that pops up. If you try it and it works, please report back.

5 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Thank you for posting this! I will definitely be checking out Fluz.

The other thing is to get a credit card that gives you back 3% on travel purchases; the costco citi card has no annual fee and gives back 3% on travel but there are better cards with travel perks (assuming you would utilize them) with annual fees

Celebrity/Rakuten was 4% one day a few weeks ago.

I made online payments that day for existing bookings (cruise fare, excursions and other). Fine print states that Rakuten credit is awarded after sailings are completed. Dropped down to 2% the day after.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, mayleeman said:

I misread the title and thought we were going to be reading about a new entree in a foam cup in the MDR.

I thought the same..no idea!

• Haha 1