​🤑​ Another Deal Alert! Edge Alaska Cruise - Round Trip from Seattle 7 night 5/31/2024

This deal is not over the moon good, but does provide a significant savings in comparison to other sailings on the Edge or other X ships sailing to Alaska in 2024.

Sample pricing excluding taxes & fees, 2 person occupancy:

$2671/pp for a magic carpet sky suite

$1552/pp for a A2 aqua stateroom

The largest savings is on the Aqua and Retreat rooms, but there's also savings on the lower categories as the base prices shown on the main search page are actually AI.  To elaborate, for concierge and below you don't get the option to add AI after selecting a room like you normally would. However, the AI items are shown on the confirmation page.  TBH, there's likely an error in the pricing system for this sailing which is causing the large discount in prices, so mum's the word.

I didn't notice this pricing drop until today though the price drop happened last Friday.  Act fast because whenever I post these price drop notices, they tend to correct the pricing by the end of the day.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=EG07A352&sDT=2024-05-31&sCD=EG&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

image.thumb.png.02cc690cbc6f0a36ee9631a0e4359097.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

This deal is not over the moon good, but does provide a significant savings in comparison to other sailings on the Edge or other X ships sailing to Alaska in 2024.

The largest savings is on the Aqua and Retreat rooms, but there's also savings on the lower categories as the base prices shown on the main search page are actually AI.  To elaborate, for concierge and below you don't get the option to add AI after selecting a room like you normally would. However, the AI items are shown on the confirmation page.  TBH, there's likely an error in the pricing system for this sailing which is causing the large discount in prices, so mum's the word.

I didn't notice this pricing drop until today though the price drop happened last Friday.  Act fast because whenever I post these price drop notices, they tend to correct the pricing by the end of the day.

You are aware, hopefully, that X has people who read the comments on this board?  Perhaps they are responding to your posts? 😉

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

You are aware, hopefully, that X has people who read the comments on this board?  Perhaps they are responding to your posts? 😉

I'm certainly aware that X has people reading posts here and have likely corrected a few pricing "errors" as a result of my posts.  I just like to provide the folks here an opportunity to obtain a deal before they can adjust the prices, which they haven't for this sailing as of right now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, KKB said:

Nice--do you feel Retreat lose some value in AK since the pool is unusable?

We are doing Retreat for the 1st time next month on the Beyond.

Though I've never sailed Retreat in Alaska, I can see several other benefits that Retreat provides.  The sundeck becomes a great location for forward views, though outdoor.  Being in the Retreat on E class ships provides access to the sundeck which is the only place for forward views (besides the spa & fitness center).  You also still get an elevated level of service and the same onboard amenities.  

This will be the first time for an E class ship to sail in Alaska, so no one has experienced it yet.  Hard to say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=EG07A352&sDT=2024-05-31&sCD=EG&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

image.thumb.png.02cc690cbc6f0a36ee9631a0e4359097.png

Is this a program, or website, that we can track our own cruises on?

Thank you!  I’ve been considering Edge to Alaska for next year. That Aqua class price is a great value.  I’m currently on Solstice and not sure I want to wait for a Retreat appointment with future cruises on this one. I may throw some elbows and get right down there with my credit card after lunch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

I answered my own question, but that leads me to another question.

If I have an alert setup, does it notify me of the change, or would I have to go back daily and check it?

Unfortunately, they don't have an email notification tool set up yet so you'd have to check back daily.  The platform was developed and is run by people who are not affiliated with any cruise line and are just regular cruise enthusiasts.  I'd imagine they're looking into adding email notifications at some point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My only concern would be the weather in May.  We went in early August and the weather was perfect.  So when you sail early that would be my worry- hope all is well and the weather good for you.

Curious about the summer. Lots of kids? 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

My only concern would be the weather in May.  We went in early August and the weather was perfect.  So when you sail early that would be my worry- hope all is well and the weather good for you.

I cruised Alaska in May (on Princess) a few years ago, and it was great.  We had one day of rainy weather, otherwise not a drop.  The smaller crowds and fewer ships in port were much appreciated. 

Thanks for the heads up. We’ve been considering going back to Alaska but SS were too expensive. Booked a Magic Carpet SS on the 31 May sailing per this tip and saved a lot!  Got it for $5700 w $600 OBC where the week before, exact same booking was $9001. Now that’s what I call a savings!!

• Like 2

There have been some great deals on celebrity this summer. I ended up cancelling because travel agent was so unethical and broke several of his companies rules I just felt it was an omen to cancel. I filled a complaint with us gov travel complaint and bbb. I was looking at  doing Alaska and will in future.

Alaska has some great deals out there.

Compared to pricing the week  before and after this sailing, I think the pricing is excellent.  We booked a Sky suite all in for $5700 with $1000 bucks in OBC between our TA and Celebrity.  I thought that was a great price compared to other weeks.  In fact, DH asked me what was wrong with going to AK at the end of May...like maybe that was a bad time to go or something.  IDK but I jumped on it.  Glad you posted this.  Hope others can take advantage as well!  I'm excited to try the Retreat experience on an E class ship...I've been avoiding them for no particular reason but I'm pretty pumped for this one!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Compared to pricing the week  before and after this sailing, I think the pricing is excellent.  We booked a Sky suite all in for $5700 with $1000 bucks in OBC between our TA and Celebrity.  I thought that was a great price compared to other weeks.  In fact, DH asked me what was wrong with going to AK at the end of May...like maybe that was a bad time to go or something.  IDK but I jumped on it.  Glad you posted this.  Hope others can take advantage as well!  I'm excited to try the Retreat experience on an E class ship...I've been avoiding them for no particular reason but I'm pretty pumped for this one!

Happy that you took advantage of the deal! I'm really surprised it's still valid today.

• Like 1

We just booked a sky suite for this cruise and it is shaping up to be a fun cruise with many cruisecritic and sailing friends joining in.  GenerationX, Charla, hope Jeremy and you join us! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Z-Bird said:

We just booked a sky suite for this cruise and it is shaping up to be a fun cruise with many cruisecritic and sailing friends joining in.  GenerationX, Charla, hope Jeremy and you join us! 

At the rate that people are booking cruises from these alerts I've posted, I feel as though I'm due some commission 😅 

Not actually, I'm genuinely just happy to help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2