Baltic tier protection

binman2

14 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I hate those slippers.  I don't even bring them home.  What is the advantage of Baltic?

We don't take the slippers but save the bags to put my leather shoes in so they don't scratch while in our case. Baltic is not much different to Caribbean, there is a welcome aboard party/lunch.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We don't take the slippers but save the bags to put my leather shoes in so they don't scratch while in our case. Baltic is not much different to Caribbean, there is a welcome aboard party/lunch.

Not 100% but I think that applies to Caribbean tier?

The only thing we really get out of it is the chance of early boarding .We usually stay the night before and arrive at 11.30 and onboard for 12.30  ish which suits us well .Never really get into 10% discount as we never have much of a bill after spending obc  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Caribbean also attend the Welcome Aboard lunch.

The Welcome Aboard lunch even though only a buffet on Iona is a relaxed start to the cruise without the hussle and bustle of the smash and grab....sorry I meant Horizon Buffet. Also to be honest the Peninsular Club lunch we had towards the end of the cruise was possibly the best meal we had onboard.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

To be honest, the only thing I appreciate it the discount on spend.  They can keep everything else.

With the recent high OBC give aways, the loyalty discount has had little or no value on our 3 post covid cruises. I think our total spend over the 3 was about £30, not much you can buy with £3.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Do Caribbean also have a loyalty lunch currently?

Almost the same topic ...... has the Captains speech/free drink party returned or is it still a voucher for a glass of fizz?  Also, is there a peninsular club drinks evening?

2 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Was a Peninsular cocktail evening on Aurora last week. Back to normal with choice of any drink you want. Very generous with the booze too! 

I wonder if this will limited to the older ships, there was no sign of a Peninsular cocktail party on Iona last month.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder if this will limited to the older ships, there was no sign of a Peninsular cocktail party on Iona last month.

Probably not so many Ligurians and Baltic's on new ships. Plus Iona has no venue suitable to hold such a private event. It was very well attended. 

39 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Probably not so many Ligurians and Baltic's on new ships. Plus Iona has no venue suitable to hold such a private event. It was very well attended. 

There is also little space to hold the Captains introducing senior officers etc. Maybe the Clubhouse or the theatre but not the atrium