Booking on board questions

travel1light

I am thinking of booking a future cruise while I am on board in a couple of weeks. Main reason is to take advantage of reduced deposit of $100 per person. Read somewhere that this reduction does not apply to upper suites.

Questions;

Is this correct or is it negotiable?

Is this deposit refundable to form of payment or to FCC?

Depending on the answer to the above, next benefit would be to transfer to another agent before final payment.

Can this be transferred to AMEX travel? (could use my points)

How about Air Canada Vacations? (could use AC gift cards)

Finally, anyone have a link to current Celebrity on board booking benefits?

Thank you.

if you book a refundable deposit and cancel you would get your deposit back. Once you book onboard you can move this reservation to your personal travel agent.  If you book non refundable then you would not get deposit credited back to your card.  The difference between refundable and non refundable is about $600-700 depending on length of cruise

2 hours ago, travel1light said:

No link, but this is from my cruise docs received earlier this week...future.jpg.aa84fa4b58a1619f6a9a5510f0391d2e.jpg

• Like 1

Think the web page screen shot says it all.

Except for the reduced deposit and extra OBC the terms are the same.

You need to pay the $100 with a credit card.  

If your cruise was booked with a TA it will AUTOMATICALLY be assigned to that TA unless you tell them otherwise.

You can arrange payment using whatever with them.

1 hour ago, travel1light said:

Interesting, screen shots say premium stateroom, so a Royal would only entail $100 per person? (Not sure what starting at implies)

All of Celebrity's staterooms are "premium". The $100 does not apply to retreat.

4 hours ago, RTShaker said:

No link, but this is from my cruise docs received earlier this week...future.jpg.aa84fa4b58a1619f6a9a5510f0391d2e.jpg

I would suggest to anyone putting down your deposit with these, sign it, DATE it, and take a picture of it.  There are multiple versions (book within 3 months, 6 months or 12 months) out there.  Our cruise in November was using the book within 12 months version, so I put down deposits for two cruises for us, but when we received the certificates once we returned home, they were issued for use within 3 months.  Also, watch the amount of the OBC, my 8 night Concierge cabin was given a $100 credit instead of $150.  Do not assume Celebrity knows what it's doing...or does it?

image.jpeg.953ca678e919984575bcdce1ccafeb2e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Think the web page screen shot says it all.

Except for the reduced deposit and extra OBC the terms are the same.

You need to pay the $100 with a credit card.  

If your cruise was booked with a TA it will AUTOMATICALLY be assigned to that TA unless you tell them otherwise.

You can arrange payment using whatever with them.

Beware - When we did the Book Later we asked not to assign to our TA, he said he would take care of it. But after we got home a couple of months later when we tried to book using it we found out it was assign to the TA! 

1 hour ago, shay1 said:

Beware - When we did the Book Later we asked not to assign to our TA, he said he would take care of it. But after we got home a couple of months later when we tried to book using it we found out it was assign to the TA! 

I had the same thing happen.  In my case I had just fired the TA.    I contacted her and asked her to transfer it back to me, which she did quickly.     Uncomfortable BUT......

A quick question that I should know.

Are the benefits the same regardless of booking on-board or selecting the future booking form.

BTW -  I learned that you can pay the $100 pp for the certificate and still book an upper suite (limiting you out of pocket at time of purchase).   When you our your agent go to book they just collect the additional Deposit

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick question that I should know.

Are the benefits the same regardless of booking on-board or selecting the future booking form.

BTW -  I learned that you can pay the $100 pp for the certificate and still book an upper suite (limiting you out of pocket at time of purchase).   When you our your agent go to book they just collect the additional Deposit

Thanks for this. If I understand you correctly, I can book an upper suite with $100 pp deposit till I decide which travel agency I want to take over the booking.

3 hours ago, travel1light said:

Thanks for this. If I understand you correctly, I can book an upper suite with $100 pp deposit till I decide which travel agency I want to take over the booking.

I guess I was a bit unclear.    You can buy a Future Cruise Certificate for $100 pp but don't need to pay the additional until you have you agent book a upper suite.   At the time of booking the $900 deposit is due either on board or when using the FCC.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I had the same thing happen.  In my case I had just fired the TA.    I contacted her and asked her to transfer it back to me, which she did quickly.     Uncomfortable BUT......

I just wish when we asked to not have the FCC attached to our TA if it could not be done that he would have told us and not said he would. Glad to know that if we do another one we could ask TA to transfer it back to us. Thank you for your information. Better informed for next time.

23 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

Booking on the first day of the cruise they threw in a bottle of wine, nothing special but we took it and gave it to my husband's family that picked us up after the cruise.

Any other special perks from on board bookings?

On 3/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, jy0ung1 said:

#12 says "Visit Future vacation team on board"

I was wondering if anyone could give me examples of current and past additional onboard Benefit.

Post 12 in this thread. You are allowed to combine one ongoing offer with an onboard booking. If there's a 50% off second guest offer already going, you can do that and get the lower deposit and OBC for booking onboard.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:01 AM, travel1light said:

I am thinking of booking a future cruise while I am on board in a couple of weeks. Main reason is to take advantage of reduced deposit of $100 per person. Read somewhere that this reduction does not apply to upper suites.

Questions;

Is this correct or is it negotiable?

Is this deposit refundable to form of payment or to FCC?

Depending on the answer to the above, next benefit would be to transfer to another agent before final payment.

Can this be transferred to AMEX travel? (could use my points)

How about Air Canada Vacations? (could use AC gift cards)

Thank you.

Terms and conditions not negotiable.  Deposits are often non-refundable but they will sometimes allow you to transfer the deposit to another cruise if you have one in mind, not FCC. 

Can transfer to an accredited travel agent up to 30 days after booking in most cases. After that, you cannot make the transfer.