Updated JourneyView!

SleepyBunny

Glad to see the new version.  But not for Diamond voyages.  I’ve always used Ocean Concierge. Ocean Desk person on board said it was “coming”. 

I don’t understand why it can’t happen across the fleet…at the same time. 

Edited by cr8tiv1

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Glad to see the new version.  But not for Diamond voyages.  I’ve always used Ocean Concierge. Ocean Desk person on board said it was “coming”. 

Yes, Ocean Concierge works so much better!  It reads like the actual Patter. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have used the "old version" as well but it had a definite drawback. Before the app the old version let me check items I wanted to attend and it would make a list for me. These days when I try to make a list it sent me to the stupid Journey View which I hated. I'm hoping this new version of Journey View will once again let me make a customized list of the events I want to attend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

Now if they can only get the Blue Lane/Green Lane problem sorted!  

I tried to get an arrival time for another cruise booking while on a current voyage.  It wouldn’t allow me to….ocean navigator person on board said that Medallion Net could not support other bookings.   I had to go to a cruise terminal to access Medallion Class app….to get my arrival time for next cruise.  

IT really needs to get their act together.  That is an absurd thing to ask passengers to do.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I tried to get an arrival time for another cruise booking while on a current voyage.  It wouldn’t allow me to….ocean navigator person on board said that Medallion Net could not support other bookings.   I had to go to a cruise terminal to access Medallion Class app….to get my arrival time for next cruise.  

IT really needs to get their act together.  That is an absurd thing to ask passengers to do.  

I currently have two cruises booked, and can switch between them by selecting the 'profile' option in the bottom right corner.

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

well...that's just not the Princess way of doing things....

1 hour ago, Kellyansapansa said:

I currently have two cruises booked, and can switch between them by selecting the 'profile' option in the bottom right corner.

that only works when you are not attached to ships intra/internet...onboard you can only see your current cruise on the app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

absurd...that is going to be my current word for all the strange things princess does...i.e. it is absurd that we can't ever know what to expect because what is true on one ship or the same ship yeasterday may not be true here & now or it is absurd that [fill in with the most recent]

• Thanks 1

This is slightly related to the topic at hand, but I'm hoping anyone can offer some insight, since I've never done it pre-cruise:

Will updating the mobile app affect (read: delete/remove/modify) what you've already done on the app? (e.g. check-in info, dining reservations, medallion checkout, etc.) Clearly, I've pretty wary over Princess's IT incompetence so I just wanted to verify. Thanks for the assistance!

Edited by snoozecrooze

13 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

This is slightly related to the topic at hand, but I'm hoping anyone can offer some insight, since I've never done it pre-cruise:

Will updating the mobile app affect (read: delete/remove/modify) what you've already done on the app? (e.g. check-in info, dining reservations, medallion checkout, etc.) Clearly, I've pretty wary over Princess's IT incompetence so I just wanted to verify. Thanks for the assistance!

I did the update this morning and verified all my reservations, etc were still there after. 

34 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Ah, now I understand. How annoying!

I agree. While on the Discovery I tried to look at my DMW reservations on my next cruise on the Sapphire. Had to wait until I had access to cellular.

• Like 1

Not to sound ungracious, but the scroll is slow on the new version of Journey View.  Developers need to speed up the scroll or put in a menu where you can set parameters for the times you want to view.  If it's AM and you want to look at PM activities, it's too much finger swiping.  Not sure if it will automatically open beginning with AM, regardless of the time of day, or if it will knockoff activities that have already passed as the day progresses.  Admittedly, the new format is vastly preferred over the old left to right, up and down version.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Not to sound ungracious, but the scroll is slow on the new version of Journey View.  Developers need to speed up the scroll or put in a menu where you can set parameters for the times you want to view.  If it's AM and you want to look at PM activities, it's too much finger swiping.  Not sure if it will automatically open beginning with AM, regardless of the time of day, or if it will knockoff activities that have already passed as the day progresses.  Admittedly, the new format is vastly preferred over the old left to right, up and down version.

would also be nice to be able to sort by activity or interest...i.e. bingo, or a certain entertainer, or whatever but maybe someday

• Like 3

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

you should not have a problem, but sometimes when they make changes on their end it makes changes to our stuff...my poor sissy has had trouble on our last 2 cruises because they changed her birth month in their system so she couldn't access, got it fixed, then they changed it on her passport info for the next cruise!!! ...they were with relatively short phone calls able to restore her info, but she still can't access the app with her login info only with her booking numbers!

3 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

if I were close to my cruise, I wouldn’t update anything until I was either onboard or after the cruise. Why tempt fate?

• Like 1