Cape Liberty hotels

paradise4me

Do you have any brands you prefer? Any budget considerations?

Need anything more than a place to sleep?

There are so many hotels that no one can say what's right for you without your doing at least a little research on your own and then coming back with questions. 

A good place to start looking is a cluster of five hotels on International Boulevard in Elizabeth that are adjacent to The Mills at Jersey Gardens mall, but those hotels are far from the only possibilities. 

2 hours ago, paradise4me said:

No we just need a one night clean sleep close to the port. Thanks

The hotels on International Boulevard are about a 20 minute drive to Cape Liberty,  which is about as close as you're going to get. Some other hotels in the area near EWR are about the same distance.

There aren't any hotels in the immediate vicinity of the port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

What about Hudson Plaza Motel in Bayonne ?

I was waiting for someone to promote that hotel, certainly not you. Since they have hourly rates at that hotel, it might be of use for those disembarking and waiting for an evening flight out of EWR.   🤣 L O L

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

I was waiting for someone to promote that hotel, certainly not you. Since they have hourly rates at that hotel, it might be of use for those disembarking and waiting for an evening flight out of EWR.   🤣 L O L

I never heard of that motel.I googled Bayonne Hotels.Somebody told me once that there were 4 hotels/motels in Bayonne.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never heard of that motel.I googled Bayonne Hotels.Somebody told me once that there were 4 hotels/motels in Bayonne.

The fact that this 'hotel' offers hourly rates is all one needs to know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

The Hudson Plaza Motel is not an upscale hotel, the word hotel is not in its name.

Not implying that it is but there are many people that go to business meetings in different locations where they are making presentations .

I would at times go by Amtrak with the President of the company I worked for to cities all over the east coast.We would take Amtrak to the city and book a hotel close to our destination to finalize our presentation .We booked a room for two hours usually .There were always people there for the same reason.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not implying that it is but there are many people that go to business meetings in different locations where they are making presentations .

I would at times go by Amtrak with the President of the company I worked for to cities all over the east coast.We would take Amtrak to the city and book a hotel close to our destination to finalize our presentation .We booked a room for two hours usually .There were always people there for the same reason.

You originally posted "what about Hudson Plaza Motel in Bayonne?" in response to the op. You learned of this motel by using Google and know nothing of it which is further indicated by your use of a question mark.

I responded more so that people traveling to Cape Liberty as opposed to yourself, are aware that this motel chargers hourly rates and all that implies. You felt the need to point out that other 'upscale' hotels offer hourly rates, which has nothing to do with a motel in Bayonne. If you truly need to be educated as what that means I can inform you but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I did not think it was necessary for me to educate you as you felt you needed to educate me, which by the way I never indicated I needed to be.

I don't want visitors to think this motel is a viable option. I have no idea what point you are trying to make by comparing this motel to upscale hotels around the world.

Maybe you will stay overnight there and you can inform the board of your experience. That would be helpful!

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

You originally posted "what about Hudson Plaza Motel in Bayonne?" in response to the op. You learned of this motel by using Google and know nothing of it which is further indicated by your use of a question mark.

I responded more so that people traveling to Cape Liberty as opposed to yourself, are aware that this motel chargers hourly rates and all that implies. You felt the need to point out that other 'upscale' hotels offer hourly rates, which has nothing to do with a motel in Bayonne. If you truly need to be educated as what that means I can inform you but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I did not think it was necessary for me to educate you as you felt you needed to educate me, which by the way I never indicated I needed to be.

I don't want visitors to think this motel is a viable option. I have no idea what point you are trying to make by comparing this motel to upscale hotels around the world.

Maybe you will stay overnight there and you can inform the board of your experience. That would be helpful!

I am totally disabled and will never again have the opportunity to spend any time in a hotel.

I was not refuting anything you said only to clarify that not every place of lodging that may charge by 5he hour is in business for sexual dalliances.

39 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Thank you and thank you for not confusing visitors by comparing this motel to upscale hotels or educating me, as living close to the port I have no need for lodging.

I used to live in Bayonne, passed that motel everyday going to college.  There were reports in the newspaper quite frequently about drug arrests or other nefarious activity being raided by Bayonne's finest.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, tymike said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know what hotels are on International Blvd?  Are they near restaurants/shops etc.?

Thank you!!

Extended Stay America, Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Embassy Suites by Hilton and Hampton Inn and Suites.

As already stated in this thread, these hotels are adjacent to The Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall, The mall has shops as well as chain restaurants on its property.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Extended Stay America, Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Embassy Suites by Hilton and Hampton Inn and Suites.

As already stated in this thread, these hotels are adjacent to The Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall, The mall has shops as well as chain restaurants on its property.

Thank you!