Extra pods for in room coffee maker?

PLW0520

27 minutes ago, PLW0520 said:

Does anyone know where to buy the single serve pods? I understand the ones they supply are not great and it would be nice to have a few extras.

Looking for pods for a Hamilton Beach single serve. Amazon Prime sells them ($0.67 per pod in smaller quantities, $0.39 per pod in large quantities). Not sure why you would not just ask your room steward for extra pods... and if they run out, just take a walk to get coffee from the buffet. 

image.png.6b1843174322e80d59de9c333f1966d9.png

image.png.8b16db24173336a82b2acd4a2b715a30.png

1 hour ago, surfone said:

So, coffee makers are back?  Balcony and up?  Thanks,  on the Getaway in September and checking

You'll probably have to ask your steward to get it for you.  Like Tsahall01 above, I have been told there is no regular coffee a couple of times.  When regular has been available, it was a different type of pod than shown above, and was packed so tightly it barely colored the water.  That is why I started taking my own pods when I want to have a morning cup in the room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KACTravels said:

Thanks for this link. I ordered the smaller amount and the dark roast for 18 packs for only 11 dollars and some change. Perfect!! 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, BirdTravels said:

Looking for pods for a Hamilton Beach single serve. Amazon Prime sells them ($0.67 per pod in smaller quantities, $0.39 per pod in large quantities). Not sure why you would not just ask your room steward for extra pods... and if they run out, just take a walk to get coffee from the buffet. 

image.png.6b1843174322e80d59de9c333f1966d9.png

Can you get one of these for Haven rooms? 

I hate the expresso coffee makers.

7 minutes ago, KACTravels said:

Yes, just ask your butler or steward.  (They will get anything for you in The Haven😉)

I've made a note of that for my next cruise.  

It would please me greatly if they threw those expressos overboard.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Can we request a coffee maker with an inside cabin?  If so, I will happily order the pods as I'm picky about coffee and don't like to get dressed to get the first cup or two.  I'm guessing tipping might help:)

I have in the past, but I think it depends on how many they have to distribute. Ask your steward as soon as you meet him/her 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Can we request a coffee maker with an inside cabin?  If so, I will happily order the pods as I'm picky about coffee and don't like to get dressed to get the first cup or two.  I'm guessing tipping might help:)

I have the same idea. We are also in an inside room, and I like to have my first cup in the room.

On The Escape two weeks ago we just asked our room steward Juan for a coffee maker and 6 pods per day with extra cream and he never failed!

We had a balcony cabin but our friends with a window view also asked and received a coffee maker too

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 12:02 PM, Travelicious said:

You'll probably have to ask your steward to get it for you.  Like Tsahall01 above, I have been told there is no regular coffee a couple of times.  When regular has been available, it was a different type of pod than shown above, and was packed so tightly it barely colored the water.  That is why I started taking my own pods when I want to have a morning cup in the room.

Ok thanks for that information.

Just did Bliss cruise, Spa Balcony, no coffee maker in room.  Room Attendant upon request provided coffee maker with lots of coffee pods at our request and bathrobes at our request.  Travelling with a group of friends, great time, but we sooo missed the Haven, lol, no more non Haven for us

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:50 AM, surfone said:

So, coffee makers are back?  Balcony and up?  Thanks,  on the Getaway in September and checking

Yes, they were available last year balcony & up.  We saw a note in our stateroom, telling us to inform our cabin steward if we wanted a coffee maker.  I thought that coffee from the buffet or the dining rooms tasted better.

4 hours ago, mappyuk said:

On the Jade, club balcony. Coffeemaker would be provided on request but no pods. Was told to buy them ashore. 

Not surprised, they were out of all but decaf on my last two cruises.

1 hour ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

I thought that coffee from the buffet or the dining rooms tasted better.

Yikes!

The "coffee" we have had in the buffet and the dining rooms has been...brown? Yes. Hot? Yes. Drinkable? Barely (in our opinion). First stop in most ports has been a café for a decent cappuccino 😉

The thought that the in cabin coffee could be worse is somewhat frightening😱 

Edited by Brian V