Arvia Cabins

Old_tilly_billy

We have recently returned from Arvia transatlantic cruise and we had a cabin on deck 11 and was adequate but noise levels increased dramatically during choppy seas sounded like plastic rattling. Anybody else had similar experiences or is it particularly to deck 11

19 minutes ago, Old_tilly_billy said:

We have recently returned from Arvia transatlantic cruise and we had a cabin on deck 11 and was adequate but noise levels increased dramatically during choppy seas sounded like plastic rattling. Anybody else had similar experiences or is it particularly to deck 11

Do you mean like hard plastic sheeting rattling in a strong wind? That's what I likened the sound to when we were on Arvia in January. I could not get to the bottom of it, but did think it may have been the balcony dividers.

We were in 11534.

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Do you mean like hard plastic sheeting rattling in a strong wind? That's what I likened the sound to when we were on Arvia in January. I could not get to the bottom of it, but did think it may have been the balcony dividers.

We were in 11534.

It could be the balcony dividers because they have a hinged section allowing access between balconies and if there is any play in the locking edge you will get noise

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

We were in 11534.

I had to pack folded tissues into one of the  opening dividers to stop it rattling on Iona in Feb, and it did work very well. This on deck 12 aft.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

A folded piece of Horizon worked for us.

I would say a few coasters, but we never saw any

.....he says, opening up the coaster debate again! 🙄

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 12:36 PM, Old_tilly_billy said:

We were on the same cruise in an aft facing cabin. It was very quiet. No noise problems. We boarded with the anticipation of having noise from the bar below but it didn’t happen. 

The creaking we had of the plastic handrails on the balconies on Iona in Jan 22  was horrendous and that was in calm seas too ! We wished we had booked an OV cabin it was that bad . Having said that we are going back on her for NYE so hope she has bedded in by then or maybe add a can of WD40 to the packing list 😆 

• Like 1