Has Celebrity taken the same route as Royal?

DJLDRUMS

5 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Then tell your steward he can skip one of yours.

Don’t need to, put the deep sleep sign up. We get clean towels and stuff by asking when the attendant passes.

Fully accept the responses to my post. Maybe we are easily pleased but we are proud and private people and can tidy our own room ourselves, even on holiday. Let the attendant do it once is good for us. Don’t need luxury, enjoy the cruise for everything else it offers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Since RCI has owned Celebrity since 1997, it's only a matter of time before another "shoe drops"!!! 

Even though RCI owns Celebrity, Celebrity does provide a higher standard of service than does Royal Caribbean. Celebrity still places towels on the loungers by the pool, has real cloth towelettes in the public restrooms, offers a cold towel and a beverage before one reboards the ship at a port, and includes classic items on the dinner menu every day (as Royal Caribbean also did until this year). Those little things make a difference, as do the twice daily room cleanings. Several of the goodies that used to differentiate Celebrity are gone but at least some do survive. If they all go, I for one will no longer have a reason to sail on Celebrity instead of one of the big four mainstream cruiselines (Royal, Norwegian, Carnival and MSC).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 10:14 AM, C4HCG said:

Beyond me why anyone needs a cabin cleaning twice a day.

Guessing you weren't on Equinox last week with one of the cabins (standard balcony) occupied by my mom, my 11 year old, and my 8 year old. They could have used 3x a day cleaning (just kidding... mostly) but different cabin situations have different needs, for sure! (And we DO make our kids pick up after themselves BEFORE the cabin attendant comes... not their job to pick up PJs and shoes and stuff.)  There's a lot of people in a small space with a lot of stuff, a lot of showers, and some dirty dishes, for sure.

2 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Guessing you weren't on Equinox last week with one of the cabins (standard balcony) occupied by my mom, my 11 year old, and my 8 year old. They could have used 3x a day cleaning (just kidding... mostly) but different cabin situations have different needs, for sure! (And we DO make our kids pick up after themselves BEFORE the cabin attendant comes... not their job to pick up PJs and shoes and stuff.)  There's a lot of people in a small space with a lot of stuff, a lot of showers, and some dirty dishes, for sure.

Fair points that I’d not thought of. There’s just the 2 of us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Fair points that I’d not thought of. There’s just the 2 of us.

I definitely don't need a full cleaning twice a day with just the 2 of us and for that reason we take advantage of Go Green.  But it is nice to have someone check on things and remove any glasses or dishes I have accumulated or replace towels (that never seem to dry in the small bathrooms) if we happen to have a late shower of the day.  It's also nice to come back to the room at night with the lights dimmed and chocolates on our pillows.  I don't expect the room steward spends a lot of time on our room (we are tidy people) but those little things are what make a vacation different from being at home at least for us.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 7:14 AM, C4HCG said:

Beyond me why anyone needs a cabin cleaning twice a day.

Go to the pool, towels.  It is a nice luxury.  As is turn down service.  It is what the cruise lines use to be one step ahead of hotels.  

Go to a luxury hotel and you will have all of this plus more...

I do not need a golf cart, yet I have one and I don't even golf. 🙂

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

For us, having the chance to be pampered for a week or two is one of the reasons we love cruising.  We pay the price and think we deserve the service whether we absolutely need it or not.  We do our own bed making and laundry at home and like the fact that cruising makes us feel special for a short while.

• Like 7

We haven't cruised with RC since their hairbrained decision of selecting AM or PM stateroom service. But our next RC cruise we'll make sure to annotate our displeasure with their decision on our PCS. RC at minimum could have followed Celebrity's lead with the optional Go Green program. 

23 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Which Royal ship were you on? We were on the Voyager 3/19-3/26, as of March 26th the one cabin cleaning a day option was going into effect. Our cabin attendant told us that by the end of April all of the fleet were to be completed. Thanks for your reply the same with others who have replied as well.

Voyager should be sent to Türkiye, Pakistan or India and beached 

it is in terrible shape 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Voyager should be sent to Türkiye, Pakistan or India and beached 

it is in terrible shape 

In total agreement with that, as do some of their Vision and Radiance class ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Go to the pool, towels.  It is a nice luxury.  As is turn down service.  It is what the cruise lines use to be one step ahead of hotels.  

Go to a luxury hotel and you will have all of this plus more...

I do not need a golf cart, yet I have one and I don't even golf. 🙂

Nothing you say convinces me about the need for twice a day cleaning.

2 hours ago, tserface said:

For us, having the chance to be pampered for a week or two is one of the reasons we love cruising.  We pay the price and think we deserve the service whether we absolutely need it or not.  We do our own bed making and laundry at home and like the fact that cruising makes us feel special for a short while.

Agree entirely, that’s what holidays are for. I am sure cruising will still make you feel special if they only clean your room once a day.

58 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

"Need"? There is probably no "need" for once a day cleaning. Indeed, there is  no "need" to cruise at all. Cruising is a luxury, not a need, and twice a day cleaning increases the luxury. Before, RCCL eliminated twice a day cleaning, they used to joke about how luxurious it was during many of their welcome aboard shows. I remember a cruise director saying that she could go to the bathroom during the night and come back to find her bed made. She was stressing how luxurious it was (although, taken literally, what she  described would have been frightening).

• Like 3

Got off the Millennium on Saturday, a lower deck.  We had to ask for towels pretty much daily.   No turndown but the attendant would knock on our door with the nightly papers and hand us chocolates.  No towel animals etc.  I’m guessing there was a different level of service a few floors up.   

On 4/7/2023 at 7:20 AM, DJLDRUMS said:

Did the Celebrity fleet follow the same "choose your morning or evening cabin attendant cleaning" option for those in the lower tier cabins?

Sister Line Royal will have all their ships completed by the end of April.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Well we did have this exact thread topic about a month ago.  See below.

43 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

We were on the Edge in February and I had signed up for the Go Green promotion.

Steward still came in twice a day.

How was your overall experience on the Edge? 7 nighter? Anything else to pass along?

On 4/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, C4HCG said:

If we were to follow your lead we would only "need" to stay in a Motel 6.

But we prefer the luxury of nicer accommodations and service.  

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If we were to follow your lead we would only "need" to stay in a Motel 6.

But we prefer the luxury of nicer accommodations and service.  

I don’t know what a Motel 6 is nor have I heard of Tom Bodett. But I will assume a Motel 6 is the most basic accommodation in the USA so your logic indicates if they clean twice daily then they would be the equivalent of Celebrity? And I am not asking anyone to follow my lead at all, just saying for us cleaning the rooms only once a day does not diminish the luxury of Celebrity in the slightest.