Printer Access

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Where can I print off my boarding pass for airlines while on Oceania Riviera.

If it matters we will be in a Penthouse. Thank you!

A printer in the Oceania@Sea space is accessible for passengers. Ask the IT person for the printer name and password. For printing, you’ll have to have the doc open on your device and then sign on to the printer’s “WiFi” to print.

Remember to go back to the ship WiFi afterwards.

• Like 1

Occasionally, when we've needed to print documents that contained private or sensitive information, we've sent the documents via email to the Concierge in the Executive Lounge.  He prints the documents and either brings them to our suite or lets us know they're ready for pick-up.  This way, the documents aren't just sitting at the printer, open to view of anyone who walks by.

I usually go to one of the computers in the computer room log in to my account go to my airline sign in & then print the board passes

When I get to the airport  they toss them aside & give us other boarding passes 🙄

I now longer worry about them  just show my passport at the airline check in desk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

If you can get it printed for your return flight home that's great. If not, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.  JMO

I used to be adamant about having a printed boarding pass before I arrived at the airport but in the last several years I use United's app (or whatever airline you are flying) on my phone.  Everything I need to know about the flight is there including the boarding pass. It hasn't failed me yet.  As LHT28 said you can always get a printed boarding pass at the airline check in desk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The app will print?

You don’t need to print with some airlines’ apps. Your booking in the app should have a QR Code boarding pass. For example, on United’s app, there’s a QR code for each person in your booking and when you select one of them, even the screen brightness increases so that there won’t be any lighting problem for their reader.

Next time you’re boarding, look at the FF folks who board first and you’ll see them press their cell phone onto the Boarding Pass reader.

Alternatively, you could take a screen shot of that airline app QR Code display (which also has the flight info - like a regular boarding pass) on your cell phone and print it as a picture from your phone. Then you’ll have a familiar paper “boarding pass.”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You don’t need to print with some airlines’ apps. Your booking in the app should have a QR Code boarding pass. For example, on United’s app, there’s a QR code for each person in your booking and when you select one of them, even the screen brightness increases so that there won’t be any lighting problem for their reader.

Next time you’re boarding, look at the FF folks who board first and you’ll see them press their cell phone onto the Boarding Pass reader.

Alternatively, you could take a screen shot of that airline app QR Code display (which also has the flight info - like a regular boarding pass) on your cell phone and print it as a picture from your phone. Then you’ll have a familiar paper “boarding pass.”

I know that. They want a printout not a (or in addition to a) digital boarding pass.

7 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I know that. They want a printout not a (or in addition to a) digital boarding pass.

Then the picture of the QR code page should work since it has your name and flight info on the same screen.

But, in the worst case scenario, can’t you take a screen shot of the emailed boarding pass and print that on the ship as I described earlier?

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Then the picture of the QR code page should work since it has your name and flight info on the same screen.

But, in the worst case scenario, can’t you take a screen shot of the emailed boarding pass and print that on the ship as I described earlier?

Of course...we were just giving alternative places to get a hard copy.

I always have e-versions on all of our devices as well as each having hard copy printouts. I have had to wait behind the guy with the boarding pass on his phone who can't get his phone to work one too many times.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

... I have had to wait behind the guy with the boarding pass on his phone who can't get his phone to work one too many times...

To try to avoid being that person I take a screenshot of the boarding pass. That way even if I lose connection I still have what I need to board. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marmaduke said:

If I use the computers near Baristas on Riviera to access my airline booking is there a charge for printing out the boarding pass?  We have free wi fi as part of our booking.

It used to be .25 a sheet. Don’t know currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

It used to be .25 a sheet. Don’t know currently. 

I printed out Boarding passes recently on both Riviera and Marina and there was not any charge for printing. I used the Executive Lounge on the Marina and the computer center near Baristas on the Riviera.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/8/2023 at 1:36 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

A printer in the Oceania@Sea space is accessible for passengers. Ask the IT person for the printer name and password. For printing, you’ll have to have the doc open on your device and then sign on to the printer’s “WiFi” to print.

Remember to go back to the ship WiFi afterwards.

Thank you

Aside from some of the Euro-discount carriers, you really don't need to print out a boarding pass in advance.  In fact, for many airlines, it's a waste of time if you are flying internationally and they need to verify your documents.  They then give you a new BP which indicates that your docs have been checked and are OK to go.

IMO, the only time a pre-printed BP can be of value is when you have NO luggage to check and can just go straight to security and the gate.  And if there is no need for international doc check.

• Like 1