Move up bids very high

DLWood

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

On every cruise there are on average a few that cancel in the last couple weeks and one or two no shows.  Those you can often book on board at a bargain price.  Just need to be lucky.

For sure. Plus there are no shows due to flight delays, COVID, other emergencies, etc. if a sailing isn’t full it’s possible to upgrade once aboard. If it’s a full sailing, they generally wait until about 2 hours after sail away, once they know for sure what’s actually available. I find it helpful to make friend with someone in guest services with a nice tip up front..”I know it may not be possible so I have no expectations, but I just really need someone who can watch the availability and remember to circle back with me either way.” No guarantee but it does help minimize the possibility of your request getting lost among others on the same waiting list. 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If you are successful in your MoveUp bid it is charged to your credit card.  You cannot use OBC to pay for a MoveUp. 

Yep. But we are not talking about the pre cruise move up bid process. I was referring to paid space available upgrades handled through guest services once onboard on embarkation day. 

6 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Yep. But we are not talking about the pre cruise move up bid process. I was referring to paid space available upgrades handled through guest services once onboard on embarkation day. 

The upgrade was charged to my credit card on file.    Any increase in gratuities were charged to seapass account which was covered by OBC.

Move up prices on Suites make little since unless you just gotta have one

i look for Suite prices to start dropping later this year and next. Just way to many passengers with FCC to spend  currently.   

Old prices were $500 t0 $600 per night for lower suite.  Now they are over a $1000 per night. Ouch

• Like 1

We saw the same on our Partial PC transit on the Edge. We put a min bid in on the Infinite veranda and lost, but they were higher than we have seen in the past. This cruise Basically ended up as a sellout, so that is likely why the prices were so high. Much different than a year ago when we upgraded to an oceanview on the Connie for a really small bid to then get upgraded to a veranda at the port.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:34 PM, DLWood said:

We’re booked into an AQ room for 9night Beyond out of Rome on 27 May. There are still 43 sky suites and 12 Aqua suites available yet the min move up bid is $1800 pp for a suite.  I see many other trips with much lower mins. What are these ones so high?

Celebrity's revenue department has been told to rev it up with $$$, along with those who want to really enjoy a special vacation, worrying about paying for it later.  Then, add supply and demand!  I have a few suites booked, but also several SV’s, in case I want to MoveUp, or not.  Last year was excellent for this, but this year not so much. It is not just with cruises, as you know, everything is higher with no end in sight, at least for now.  TBD...It is very important to enjoy what you have, waiting for that special deal at opportunity cost.  

Edited by Lastdance

I have seen prices fluctuate depending upon the number of available inventory, bids received, and sail date. If sail date gets closer in and the number of bids received is less than the inventory currently available, the price will go down. If not the price will remain at that price point. As time gets closer and closer, if you don't see any change, thats a good indication that they already have enough minimum bids to fill in the available inventory.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

what happens with the check in?

Check in time remains the same.

13 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

cabin details automatically updated and new luggage tags available

It can take some a short time to have your tags and docs updated. Usually within 24 hours of the bid being accepted. 

It has been all over the place & in our case it was cheaper to just upgrade directly! We got a great deal on a Sunset Skiy Suite this May (we had our cruise canceled by celebrity last year & they applied a 25% discount to the rebooking). Move-up minimums for CS & RS were high (1200+pp for CS & 1500pp for RS to get slightly out of fair into the good range). I was looking at cabin availability & noticed if you booked a RS today, the price was waaaaaay lower total than if we did move up & the CS was going for the same rate as the RS. I called X and asked to move to Royal for less than what they are asking if I did Move up AND I got an extra $50 OBC. Since you get unlimited dining in speciality restaurants with the RS and laundry I was able to cancel our prepaid dinners and laundry which made the overall cost a bit lower, 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, letsgogogo said:

Try $1700 for a sky suite as min bid. Ouch is right!

$1700 per night or $1700pp for the cruise?  Depending upon the length of the cruise and the cabin category the price may be reasonable.

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

$1700 per night or $1700pp for the cruise?  Depending upon the length of the cruise and the cabin category the price may be reasonable.

For the whole cruise. Min bid is $850 per person double occupancy. $1700 total. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Well it’s finally settled. I revisited the moveup offers for our sailing and the minimum bid has dropped 50% from the original offer, for all categories. 

The same for our Reflection cruise in 9 weeks time. But I'm not tempted in the least!

On 4/9/2023 at 11:34 PM, DLWood said:

We’re booked into an AQ room for 9night Beyond out of Rome on 27 May. There are still 43 sky suites and 12 Aqua suites available yet the min move up bid is $1800 pp for a suite.  I see many other trips with much lower mins. What are these ones so high?

How can you access the ships cabin bookings to see availability?

34 minutes ago, hobgoblin said:

How can you access the ships cabin bookings to see availability?

Travel agents can you see everything clearly. But a good gauge is simply go on the celebrity site to book your own cruise like you hadn’t before. Look at the availability in various categories. Technically availability would be broader than what you see since travel agents may have reserved blocks that are still unsold. but you can get a general idea. 

• Like 1

They just reduced the Move-up minimums for my cruise, July 17, Beyond, Italy/Turkey/Greece, by half too. What's weird, is these are for the Retreat, which shows sold out on the website. I know last minute availability can come up, but we are far from last minute (maybe not for med though) and cutting 50% for what's sold out seems strange.

16 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Well it’s finally settled. I revisited the moveup offers for our sailing and the minimum bid has dropped 50% from the original offer, for all categories. 

Thanks for the prompt. I was able to put a move up bid in at the discounted minimum

• Like 1