When was your last cruise and your next scheduled cruise.

shepherd really

I think it's important when giving advice to have reasonably current, up to date and first hand information.  I also think its important in weighing whether someone has "skin in the game" to know if they actually have any cruises booked.

so

When was your last cruise and when is your next cruise scheduled.

I'll start, my last cruise was in January of this year.

My next booked cruises are in February 2024 and May 2025.

• Like 1

Last cruise:  Marina, Oct 15 - Dec 4, 2022

Next cruise:  Riviera, July 21 - Aug 5, 2023

Vista, Aug 18 - Sept 17, 2023

Insignia, Jan 14 - March 9, 2024

• Like 2

DONE (within the last 12 months):

Summer 2022 Insignia ARN-LIS-NYC  36 days

Autumn 2022 Marina BCN-FCO-MIA   47 days

Winter 2023 Regatta SYD-SYD-PPT   33 days

UPCOMING (so far):

Summer 2023 Insignia: SF-NYC         20 days

Autumn 2023 Regatta: SEA-YVR-LA  23 days

Winter 2024 Riviera: BKK-HK-Tokyo   37 days

Spring 2025 Nautica: CPT-LIS-BCN   26 days

(also looking at one or two more in 2024)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last two, Regatta Sept 2022 16 days

Riviera March 2023 -10 days. 

Next two Riviera Jun 2023 10 days

Marina Jan 2024 24 days

These weren't my first Oceania Rodeos by any means and the 3 I have booked in the future hopefully won't be my last. 

• Like 2

IMHO, O cruisers prior to Covid learned what Oceania was all about.  Post Covid we are all relearning what O is about as is O.  AFAIAC, The only relevant experiences for Oceania cruising are the ones since the resumption of sailing in August/October 2021. 
Based on that premise, I will say we have logged 5 Segments thru 2022 and 3 more in 2023 including two upcoming on Vista. 

Like so many posters on this Board, we have found a home in the Oceania niche. Our problem is when we test a new cruise or tour line, we always compare them to Oceania and it is Never the same nor up to our Oceania expectations. 

Enjoy your cruises,

Mauibabes

• Like 3

I think what’s important in this thread is that overall the pre Covid product is distinctly different from the new Oceania. In some areas, the new product has a lot of similarities, while in others it’s distinctly different. Projecting one’s past experiences onto the new product will probably lead to confusion. If you haven’t been in the water it’s tough to tell people how to swim.

• Like 2

Last Oceania Cruise - Riviera - Dec 3, 2021 -Round trip Miami - (Still in the                                       throws of the post C start-up)

Next 3 Oceania - Vista - August 30, 2023 - Southampton to NYC

Riviera - January 28, 2024 - Singapore to Bangkok

Nautica - November 9, 2024 - Amazon R/T Miami

Probable             Nautica - May 22, 2025 - Capetown to Barcelona

65 days on other lines since our last O voyage so anxiously anticipating our August experience.

Edited by Queen of DaNile
  • Like 1

I'm too lazy to post all our cruises...

3, Oceania cruises in the last 12 months, Terrible Viking, March 16 to April 3, using up covid credits..

6 more O cruises booked bet Sept 2023 and May 2025 and will book 2 more when the new itins come out...

Yes, we want the O loyalty ...

As long as health allows, we will travel.

• Like 2

Last: Sept 2022 Regatta

Next: June & Sept 2023 Regatta (again...was supposed to be a TA on Sirena in Nov. (missing Red Ginger already!!), but a Berlin in-person (finally!) meeting threw a wrench in that plan, so booked 2 easy-access cruises as a consolation prize)

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Last Oceania Cruise - Riviera - Dec 3, 2021 -Round trip Miami - (Still in the                                       throws of the post C start-up)

Next 3 Oceania - Vista - August 30, 2023 - Southampton to NYC

Riviera - January 28, 2024 - Singapore to Bangkok

Nautica - November 9, 2024 - Amazon R/T Miami

Probable             Nautica - May 22, 2025 - Capetown to Barcelona

65 days on other lines since our last O voyage so anxiously anticipating our August experience.

We recently booked that 2025 Nautica CPT-LIS-BCN. You may want to jump on it ASAP.

• Like 1

Oceania cruises post-covid:

October 18 to November 7 2021 Riviera  Mediterranean 

December 18/2022 to January 8/2023 Marina  Amazon Holiday

Oceania cruise upcoming:

September 20 to 27 2023  Insignia  NY to NY

also a couple of Princess post covid.and upcoming in 2023

Happy cruising to all!

• Like 1

I also think that pre and post covid are important distinctions. 

I have done three “post covid” (not sure we are ever going to be post, maybe post restart is a better term) cruises, all distinctly different in terms of passenger count, rules for staff, rules for passengers etc. 

Last Xmas voyage - Riviera

Next - Voyager RSSC Jan ‘25 (it’s still NCL!!)

Next Oceania - Nov ‘25 - Sirena

• Like 2

Last cruise - 2017

Next - your guess is probably as good as mine but nothing scheduled.

FWIW, we 've had to cancel two cruises with O in the last 12 months. One because we got Covid a couple of days before boarding, so couldnt get the "all clear" certificate. And one because of health issues which mean we can't currently get travel insurance. We hope that will be resolved within the next couple of weeks, but may not be. We had an eye on a Riviera cruise in June but it's all become wait listed in the last couple of days - no doubt the Ultimate offer has had its desired effect. So, looks like we're back to the drawing board for planning a cruise, as when we can get insurance.

By the by,  I think the OP makes a good point about out of date information and wouldnt consider mentioning anything from our only O cruise. I follow a particular Tripadvisor forum but have decided to withdraw from commenting at the end of this month,as it will be over a year since we were last at the destination.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I also think its important in weighing whether someone has "skin in the game" to know if they actually have any cruises booked.

While we have "skin in the game" - we can not offer advice for Oceania as this will be our first cruise.  We appreciate all the info from seasoned O cruisers - I must say O Life was the most difficult to understand of all cruise lines but I have mastered it (I think, lol) !!!!

2021 - When things reopened - October Bermuda NCL

November - Regal Princess -  Caribbean

2022 - we cruised 2x to Bermuda

2023 - February - Southern Caribbean Enchanted Princess

2023 - September - Oceania Riviera -  City of Lights-Baltic Beauties

Edited by Tyskie
  • Like 1

HAL- N/S just before COVID
O - Just after COVID

HAL - Spring, 2023

The changes have been remarkable. One of the things I notice is the moving delta between cost and product, and focus onboard.

And I remarked to my wife that I'd never seen less emphasis on washing hands as we just experienced. 

And a disturbing trend forward: I don't recall seeing as many open cabins available this close to sailing on Oceania as I do now. Before COVID, every interior cabin was assigned for at least 18 months. Not anymore.

I continue to believe at least one if not two operators will be bankrupt by Christmas.

Imagine the news if some 80,000 American guests from various Carnival cruise ships were distributed to ports around the world - and most of them with fewer resources at hand than Crystal passengers at hand. Oh, the humanity.

• Like 1