LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

1 minute ago, twangster said:

5:45pm reservation. 

Really early for us!  We do 2nd seating for dinner.   It's 6:36 cdt here in Tennessee.  In the days I worked i was usually still in the office at 6 pm.

So anyone who knows me, knows that Empress was the only ship where I consistently received great food and great service in Chops.  Some ships have great service but the cut of meat wasn't great.  Some have had great food but painful service. 

So far Radiance is achieving Empress status and that is with the venue at capacity.  The cut of meat and flavor put Coastal Kitchen filet to shame, and CK usually outperforms Chops on filet night.

• Like 5

Just now, twangster said:

So anyone who knows me, knows that Empress was the only ship where I consistently received great food and great service in Chops.  Some ships have great service but the cut of meat wasn't great.  Some have had great food but painful service. 

So far Radiance is achieving Empress status and that is with the venue at capacity.  The cut of meat and flavor put Coastal Kitchen filet to shame, and CK usually outperforms Chops on filet night.

Every steak I had on radiance was cooked perfectly. Cheers with a officer, even the guy next to me said it was the best steak he ever had on royal. Was the best steak I've had though small, perfect for lunch.

Best crew and service ive had since restart. Loved my cabin steward Joy too. Havent seen this on rcl since restart. 

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope it keeps pleasing you and it's a great cruise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Good to know.  Don't remember the food on the Empress but when we sailed her she was still the Nordic Empress. 1st ship with passengers in NY after 9/11. May 2002.  Dh says we had great curry thanks to the British friends we were traveling with. 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Really….?!

IMG_0493.jpeg

Looks like what my sister and I received.  I ate the Brie also, but used crackers we brought with.  We some time raid the Windjammer at night for some of the different cheeses and eat them with our crackers and Prosecco.

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

That’s a challenge… I’m just about to try the fillet 🥩 in Giovannis ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No pictures of chops meal? Did you feel rushed. 

No rush, great timing of service. 

Chatted with neighbors.  May request same server if she is available next time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Good to know.  Don't remember the food on the Empress but when we sailed her she was still the Nordic Empress. 1st ship with passengers in NY after 9/11. May 2002.  Dh says we had great curry thanks to the British friends we were traveling with. 

I sailed on her Oct 2021, but from her temporary homeport of Philly.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

new format menu with both pasta and meat as secondi… but we’ve already been told we can have a pasta to share too

IMG_0494.jpeg

Lol will you skip the UK meal? Mushy peas and fried cod and chips and other UK things. First time my fish was crisp and crunchy and not soggy on rcl. I'm not so sure about those mushy peas though. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol will you skip the UK meal? Mushy peas and fried cod and chips and other UK things. First time my fish was crisp and crunchy and not soggy on rcl. I'm not so sure about those mushy peas though. 

My British friends tell me that mushy peas is a dish not overcooked peas!  Not my choice.

• Like 1