Cruise from Barbados

Lorenky1

Hello. We’re considering taking a Carribean cruise that leaves from Barbados, in Feb, March or April 2024. I see cruises but they all say no pricing available. And the itinerary doesn’t come up when I  click on it. Don’t cruises usually have their information for next year already available? Thanks. 

Yes, I looked at Royal Caribbean and Seabourne though I’m open to any. Clipper is the only one that had pricing and if I’m reading that right at $7000 per person it’s way out of our price range. I want to stay on Barbados and then cruise from there, and want St Lucia to be a port of call. There’s a long list on cruise critic of cruises that sail where I want to go, but none seem like they are actually happening. I am open to starting from other islands than Barbados but want to start or end in Carribean. Open jaw to Miami would be ideal. 
here’s the link I used:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ExternalLinkInterstitial?redirectTo=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cruisecritic.co.uk%2Fsmart-deals%2Fdepartureport-24%2F%3Fsupdev%3Dc%26taparam%3DECCGoogleUK_Kkwd-312021232056_A143811289837%26source%3D133422%26suprnd%3D18194636316512408958%26supap2%3D143811289837%26supmob%3Dkwd-312021232056%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMI3M6IsNPA_gIVjNLtCh3vuQveEAAYAiAAEgKP6_D_BwE%26suppressTabs%3D1%26supai%3D636725749101%26gad%3D1%26supap1%3D19004718714%26hiddenVendorIds%3D44%252C21-9-24%26supsn%3Ds

Edited by Lorenky1

1 hour ago, Lorenky1 said:

Yes, I looked at Royal Caribbean and Seabourne though I’m open to any. Clipper is the only one that had pricing and if I’m reading that right at $7000 per person it’s way out of our price range. I want to stay on Barbados and then cruise from there, and want St Lucia to be a port of call. There’s a long list on cruise critic of cruises that sail where I want to go, but none seem like they are actually happening. I am open to starting from other islands than Barbados but want to start or end in Carribean. Open jaw to Miami would be ideal. 
here’s the link I used:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ExternalLinkInterstitial?redirectTo=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cruisecritic.co.uk%2Fsmart-deals%2Fdepartureport-24%2F%3Fsupdev%3Dc%26taparam%3DECCGoogleUK_Kkwd-312021232056_A143811289837%26source%3D133422%26suprnd%3D18194636316512408958%26supap2%3D143811289837%26supmob%3Dkwd-312021232056%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMI3M6IsNPA_gIVjNLtCh3vuQveEAAYAiAAEgKP6_D_BwE%26suppressTabs%3D1%26supai%3D636725749101%26gad%3D1%26supap1%3D19004718714%26hiddenVendorIds%3D44%252C21-9-24%26supsn%3Ds

I'm not sure where you are looking, but it doesn't look like that is the website of the actual cruise line you are interested in.

Try going to their own website, which should be up to date.

GC

My go to website is cruisetimetables.com, and it looks like those sailing from Barbados are British and European lines that typically are fly/cruise packages, plus the premium/luxury lines with small ships calling at islands that don’t have much to offer besides beaches.  I did see a few open jaw cruises to Miami on Explora 1, the first ship is MSCs new luxury cruise branch.  I didn’t see any voyages for the US centric mass market cruise lines.  EM

P&O offer 14-day cruises (and b2b 7-day cruises) mainly from Barbados, most (all?) include St Lucia.

This website is for their British passengers, the prices quoted are inclusive of chartered trans-Atlantic flights so you'' need to find their cruise-only prices. I don't know whether it's best for you to contact P&O or a US cruise-agent

P&O are a predominantly British line, the nearest US equivalent would be Princess (Princess was once a subsidiary of P&O).

It's mainly their larger ships which sail the Caribbean

https://www.pocruises.com/2024-cruise-collection

JB 🙂

Be sure to factor airfare into your decision. I found a cruise that looked perfect out of Barbados… only to have it price out of my budget when I realized flights were twice the price of flying to San Juan and 3x the cost of flying to Florida. 

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

This website is for their British passengers, the prices quoted are inclusive of chartered trans-Atlantic flights so you'' need to find their cruise-only prices

And, in the case of UK passengers, you cannot "unbundle" the fares. Even if you do not use the provided flights,  the fare remains the same.

I consider them a good brand, one I would like to sail if my budget could support it.  I actually had a TA booked, as it was a bargain, but it was Covid cancelled.  You might do some reading on the board here for Windstar, under Cruise Lines P-Z.  EM

On 4/26/2023 at 5:24 AM, Lorenky1 said:

Thank you. I’m looking at Wind Star if the price works.  They didn’t seem to require bundling the air. Are they a good brand?  We’ve never cruised before. 

Good morning, you might want to go directly to the Windstar forum and ask the folks on there about the line. The same for Seabourn and Royal. Just so you know, Windstar and Seabourn are in a totally separate category from Royal.......Royal ships are huge with lots and lots of guests. Windstar ships hold on the average of 300(some even less)........Seabourn a bit larger.  Seabourn is considered a luxury line. 

Another suggestion is to find a Travel Agent that specializes in cruising and get help on a 121 basis.

Good luck in your search🙂

We have traveled on Windstar many times. I checked the website and didn’t see any cruises starting on Barbados. They used to have some, but now they tend to use St Maarten as a departure point in the Caribbean. Many trips are offered which start and end in the Caribbean as well as including St Lucia as a port. We have never bundled air with a Windstar cruise. 

Ships have attentive service, lots of outdoor space, all inclusive packages if you wish and often have good specials. Right before Covid we did a a week on the Windsurf (300 passenger sailing yacht) for $1100 per person out of St Maarten. 

if you are looking for a premium product with a small laid back ship which can get into some small ports, it’s a great choice. If you prefer Las Vegas style entertainment and large ship, it won’t be good for you. 

( I saw you may have made other plans, but thought I would throw this in due to our 15 plus trips with them.)

Edited by Pudgesmom