NFL Primetime Game Viewing - large group

BrotherCraig

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

only real issue is I had a 3:30 game (4:30 Miami time) that was on one of the regular TVs at a table. They said they couldn’t change the bar or hero’s lounge TVs. And at 5:15 they wanted me out for dinner service. I didn’t leave but I won’t be going back on one of those ships on game day unless my game will be over before dinner or it’s in prime time.

This could be a real problem. Celebration leaves Miami on Sunday 21st and returns the 28th. Both those weeks should be playoffs. If the games aren’t available Hubby is going to be very disappointed. We were on Celebrity last year and all playoff games were shown on the big screen. 

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This could be a real problem. Celebration leaves Miami on Sunday 21st and returns the 28th. Both those weeks should be playoffs. If the games aren’t available Hubby is going to be very disappointed. We were on Celebrity last year and all playoff games were shown on the big screen. 

but they don’t have more than one playoff game at a time so as long as they have them at the bar or in hero’s lounge, you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ibarrio said:

Monday, Thursday, & Sunday night games are not part of the Sunday NFL Ticket....and never have been since those are national games. 

I didn't say sunday ticket. I said they have a package. I don't know what that package is for them being a ship. But they get all of the primetime games. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

That might be the option we will have to take.  I want to book the group on Carnival but Royal might work out best.  Just a 4 day cruise to Cozumel --- weekender.  

If watching football is a priority, Royal absolutely blows Carnival away with coverage of multiple games.....especially if the RCL ship has a Playmakers bar onboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

If you are booking that large of a group, have you considered contacting Group Sales (or whatever it is called at Carnival) to see if they may be able to do something special for you? 

I will be calling them once I get the details nailed down.  They might be able to do something.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

If watching football is a priority, Royal absolutely blows Carnival away with coverage of multiple games.....especially if the RCL ship has a Playmakers bar onboard.

Royal is the other option - Voyager of the Seas.  I  am not a huge fan of Royal because lack of included food options but I have enjoyed cruising on them.  We prefer Carnival for the entertainment and fun factor. 

Thanks again, everyone.  If we do the Breeze, they will most likely have the sunday night game on at Red Frog Pub - inside and outside the bar area.  I do remember them having it one in the Red Frog Pub when we sailed on the Breeze in 2016 and we watched college games in there on a Saturday too.