Platinum Tender Question

DenaInWyo

Just a quick question that I already think I know the answer to but want to make sure...

I am platinum, my son and his girlfriend (separate cabin) and her mother (another separate cabin) are not.  When we tender into Cabo, can they board with me using the priority boarding?  I'm guessing no, but thought I'd check.  I haven't been in this situation before.

They will allow your children to come with you if your children are minors. But I am assuming a child old enough to have a girlfriend he stays in a cabin with is not a minor...

1 hour ago, vwrestler171 said:

Where you are talking about the tender in Cabo, you just go to the platinum area and they will ask how many.  Its not the same as boarding in the home port.

I am not sure that is 100% accurate.  Why would their Platinum benefit extend to people in two other completely different cabins that are not Platinum?  If that was the case 1/2 the ship would end up trying to get off under the Platinum benefit of Priority tender because they were "with" someone in another room who was.

2 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Where you are talking about the tender in Cabo, you just go to the platinum area and they will ask how many.  Its not the same as boarding in the home port.

This isn’t what happened to me in January on the Panorama.  I am Diamond and was solo in my cabin.  My sister is Red and was solo in the cabin next door.  They would NOT let her board the tender with me.  I had to wait and board with her.

13 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

This isn’t what happened to me in January on the Panorama.  I am Diamond and was solo in my cabin.  My sister is Red and was solo in the cabin next door.  They would NOT let her board the tender with me.  I had to wait and board with her.

Same here.  If they let us take our friends / family / someone I just met to the priority water shuttle then half the ship would be there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, wemjam said:

I am not sure that is 100% accurate.  Why would their Platinum benefit extend to people in two other completely different cabins that are not Platinum?  If that was the case 1/2 the ship would end up trying to get off under the Platinum benefit of Priority tender because they were "with" someone in another room who was.

We've been Platinum for quite a number of years. In the past, priority boarding for tenders DID include the perk of being able to bring a limited number of (non Platinum) guests with you. We've used it multiple times with family and friends that were not Platinum and did not share the cabin with us.  

Has Carnival changed this policy? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SeaScout said:

We've been Platinum for quite a number of years. In the past, priority boarding for tenders DID include the perk of being able to bring a limited number of (non Platinum) guests with you. We've used it multiple times with family and friends that were not Platinum and did not share the cabin with us.  

Has Carnival changed this policy? 

Yes, started with COVID

The consistent answer is no it is meant to be a perk for those that are Platinum or Diamond.  The consistent answer is people still opt to extend it to whoever they feel like taking and Carnival does not stop them every time.

As in all things, Carnival does not police these things with strict enforcement.

It is just like the Platinum/Diamond mixed parties (which I am not sure they are still doing? as we stopped going a long time ago).  It amazed me how many blue/red/gold cards were in the room.  I watched a group come in and sit down together (like 6 or 7 people) in the booth next to us and literally one person had a Platinum card and the rest did not - (they had their cards on lanyards around their neck).

People tend to feel will bring a long for the ride whoever they can get away with.