Is the Solarium Bistro on Harmony of the Seas complimentary for dinner?

I’ve been searching and googling the crap out of this simple question, and some results say that it’s complimentary for dinner, but others say that there’s a $20pp fee. 

Can somebody who’s sailed on Harmony of the Seas and dined at the Solarium Bistro tell me what the right answer to this question is? Thanks in advance! 

22 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I’ve been searching and googling the crap out of this simple question, and some results say that it’s complimentary for dinner, but others say that there’s a $20pp fee. 

Can somebody who’s sailed on Harmony of the Seas and dined at the Solarium Bistro tell me what the right answer to this question is? Thanks in advance! 

I read a nice review and did it on oasis. Have harmony booked so reading too. Oasis food was prepared. Some was kinda wierd but I tried at least 4 small entrees. The one with the watermelon was one of the wierd ones. Like watermelon with soy sauce lol. And some other stuff on the plate. I liked the tobuli (sp) but it was not like I've had, all fresh stuff.

I had 2 of the baklava dessert lol. 

It was free though they like you to make a reservation and not just run thru to get the baklava like some did, hahaha. That was the best. 

My friend didnt like how the salmon was under warming lights. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read a nice review and did it on oasis. Have harmony booked so reading too. Oasis food was prepared. Some was kinda wierd but I tried at least 4 small entrees. The one with the watermelon was one of the wierd ones. Like watermelon with soy sauce lol. And some other stuff on the plate. I liked the tobuli (sp) but it was not like I've had, all fresh stuff.

It was free though they like you to make a reservation and not just run thru to get the baklava like some did, hahaha. That was the best. 

Bingo on the Baklava...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Like watermelon with soy sauce

Balsamic vinegar. I love this one. But I’m one that likes to sprinkle Tajin seasoning on my watermelon. I always bring mini vials.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Solarium Bistro, as far as I know, is free for dinner on every ship that has one. As mentioned, you can upgrade from the normal menu ( steak, lobster), for a price.

Allure has a solarium bistro but has that meat pay restaurant there for dinner.  Samba or something. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Not sure about dinner, but we did lunch there on Harmony and they had schnitzel (and it was great).  Don’t recall seeing that on any other Royal ship.  Love schnitzel with potatoes and a dark beer.  I try not to over eat at any meal anymore, but this is the one I had seconds.  Not exactly my finest hour health wise.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Allure has a solarium bistro but has that meat pay restaurant there for dinner.  Samba or something. 

Yes, as long as it stays Solarium Bistro it’s free. Samba Grill is a charge. 

17 minutes ago, topnole said:

Not sure about dinner, but we did lunch there on Harmony and they had schnitzel (and it was great).  Don’t recall seeing that on any other Royal ship.  Love schnitzel with potatoes and a dark beer.  I try not to over eat at any meal anymore, but this is the one I had seconds.  Not exactly my finest hour health wise.  

I love schnitzel!  I don’t see a lunch menu anywhere for Bistro but now I will definitely try it!

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just had flashbacks from our dinner at Samba Grill on the Allure. It was unfortunately the worst meal during the entire cruise. It was so bad that we barely ate, so we headed to the Windjammer right afterwards to fill up. 

In past, we’ve been on cruises for which the SB (all meals) was reserved for Pinnacles due to their numbers.  Of course, those cruises were the typically Pinnacle heavy ones.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I love schnitzel!  I don’t see a lunch menu anywhere for Bistro but now I will definitely try it!

Doubt they post the menu.  It was on a six nighter and later in the trip. Maybe day 4-5 ish at lunch.  Keep an eye for it.  To me it was very good and I’ve had plenty of schnitzel in Germany and recently in Switzerland.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Ships I’ve been on, lunch has always been a smaller version of WJ, and there are no menus. I have never seen schnitzel, although I don’t go every day to check, or maybe it’s only on Harmony. I would ask in there the first day, and see if schnitzel will be offered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Ships I’ve been on, lunch has always been a smaller version of WJ, and there are no menus. I have never seen schnitzel, although I don’t go every day to check, or maybe it’s only on Harmony. I would ask in there the first day, and see if schnitzel will be offered.

I've also had it in the WJ several times. I agree it's probably stuff they also do on the buffet for brunch.

I did see waffles and chicken last time though that I didnt see in the WJ together. 

• Like 1

Solarium Bistro is free apart from a couple of upcharge main courses.

Starters and desserts are buffet style and main course waiter served. 

It's meant to be healthy Mediterranean type food 

The menu shows in the RC app

Edited by sgmn

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Solarium Bistro is free apart from a couple of upcharge main courses.

Starters and desserts are buffet style and main course waiter served. 

It's meant to be healthy Mediterranean type food 

The menu shows in the RC app

Post restart, they appear to have gone to a buffet model on their Oasis class ships (at least the ones we have sailed on - Harmony and Wonder). The "mains" that show up on the published menu are now self-serve buffet items although they do pre-plate small versions of them. You can order a whole lobster for ~$30 which is quite good broiled or grilled, and a Chops filet for ~$20 if you want a more traditional main course waiter served meal. Quite frankly, we preferred the buffet model to the waiter served model, because we could try smaller portions of different entrees without having to do an entire meal of one entre' although DW treated me to the broiled lobster one evening. 

On Wonder for the past two weeks, we preferred the Bistro for dinner over the MDR. More relaxed, quieter, much better sides, and we could have as much or as little as we wanted without begging a waiter for "seconds".

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Post restart, they appear to have gone to a buffet model on their Oasis class ships (at least the ones we have sailed on - Harmony and Wonder). The "mains" that show up on the published menu are now self-serve buffet items although they do pre-plate small versions of them. You can order a whole lobster for ~$30 which is quite good broiled or grilled, and a Chops filet for ~$20 if you want a more traditional main course waiter served meal. Quite frankly, we preferred the buffet model to the waiter served model, because we could try smaller portions of different entrees without having to do an entire meal of one entre' although DW treated me to the broiled lobster one evening. 

On Wonder for the past two weeks, we preferred the Bistro for dinner over the MDR. More relaxed, quieter, much better sides, and we could have as much or as little as we wanted without begging a waiter for "seconds".

Did you make reservations for dinner?

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

Did you make reservations for dinner?

We made a reservation for the first night of the first cruise, but didn't seem to really need one after that. Over the course of two weeks, we ate dinner there at least half of the evenings without reservations with no issues.  One thing that we both commented on was that pre-shutdown when they were doing waiter served plated meals, the Bistro was almost always sparsely populated for dinner, but with the buffet model, they were quite busy every evening we were there, so booking a reservation or two would probably be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

On Harmony right now (5/4) and dinner is complimentary however you need reservation for dinner

Is it busy every evening? As I remember, the Bistro on Harmony is quite small compared to the Bistro on Wonder with the Chef's Table on Harmony taking up a lot of space in the evening and no outside seating for dinner, so I can see that reservations would be needed given their limited seating capacity.