Port of Miami

snowy owl

So I'm leaving from the Miami port and assume they have a lounge for Platinum / Diamond members. I forget how the boarding goes. Is it wedding people go first then.....? Do we have zones too or do we get in line? Having a brain block. 🤔

No more lounge for Diamond/Platinum.  They have an "area" sectioned off sometimes, but not always.  I have had it both ways in the last few sailings.

Also used to be Weddings/Suites/Diamond/Platinum/FTTF

Weddings I assume still go first, but others and myself have seen where they are letting Diamond go before Suites.

You don't specifically say if you are any of these categories above?  Because you asked do weddings go first, I am guessing you are in a wedding party.  If so, then they will come get your party specifically and take the whole party on first.

If not then, it is as I mentioned above, and then from there general boarding is zones.

Edited by wemjam

It’s weddings,suites, diamond then platinum. Your boarding pass will have a zone number on it o but it’s meaningless. If you’re in any of these categories when boarding begins everyone will gather to board and then each category will board. 

1 minute ago, skrufy said:

It’s weddings,suites, diamond then platinum. Your boarding pass will have a zone number on it o but it’s meaningless. If you’re in any of these categories when boarding begins everyone will gather to board and then each category will board. 

Not always.  Last cruise I was on the called Diamond before Suite... just saying.  I was quite shocked myself.  Someone else commented on one of the recent threads same thing for them.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Not always.  Last cruise I was on the called Diamond before Suite... just saying.  I was quite shocked myself.  Someone else commented on one of the recent threads same thing for them.

OK, I will give you that point. The four groups board first. Whatever order

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, skrufy said:

OK, I will give you that point. The four groups board first. Whatever order

Just another example of Carnival's inconsistency in following their own protocol.  😁

The only thing we can be sure of is they will consistently be inconsistent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wemjam said:

Just another example of Carnival's inconsistency in following their own protocol.  😁

The only thing we can be sure of is they will consistently be inconsistent. 

Agreed

On our last POM cruise Diamonds were called before suites.  Guess there were no weddings, as none were called that I heard before Diamonds.  No special seating for Diamonds/Plats.  

34 minutes ago, pe4all said:

On our last POM cruise Diamonds were called before suites.  Guess there were no weddings, as none were called that I heard before Diamonds.  No special seating for Diamonds/Plats.  

If there is a wedding party they're usually ushered onboard before they even start calling others.

And just to correct a previous post.... New Miami Terminal F (serving Celebration and Sunrise, at least) has a VERY NICE Dia/Plat Lounge that is in full operation.

13 hours ago, evandbob said:

Post pandemic, almost anything goes, with plats & diamonds being shuffled into all boarding zones with priority within that zone only.

Seems like another earned perk being waysided.

Obviously, that is next. We've already been groomed to no longer expect our staterooms will be ready at boarding.

We were in Terminal F and did the Zones.  Boarding pass A01 meant nothing so not sure why we even picked a boarding time.  We were 9:30-10 and arrived around 9:05.  Our zone was K.  People in front of us were 10:30-11:00 A03 and got a zone tag J-Platinum too.

I will tell you the checked your zone to board because once they started calling people jumped up and had to go sit down.

55 minutes ago, jsglow said:

And just to correct a previous post.... New Miami Terminal F (serving Celebration and Sunrise, at least) has a VERY NICE Dia/Plat Lounge that is in full operation.

Darn i missed it. I guess u have to ask.  Just directed us to some seats in a roped off area. 

Didnt really matter. Sat down around 10:40am sat there for about 30 minutes and then we boarded

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Correct, we boarded Sunrise in January out of Terminal F.  The other Terminal that Boards the other ships they do not use the Diamond/Platinum lounge anymore.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, skrufy said:

Diamonds were called before Suites on the Spirit Feb sailing.

15 hours ago, evandbob said:

Post pandemic, almost anything goes, with plats & diamonds being shuffled into all boarding zones with priority within that zone only.

Seems like another earned perk being waysided.

Diamonds/Plat/FTTF/Suites were seated together in a roped off area for the Spirit Feb sailing in POM.  When each group was called separately, starting with Diamonds and boarding passes were all checked. 

April 29 Horizon we were told to sit in a specific area, however we are Platinum and were given a O boarding card and boarded according to zone.  Actually after the woman called the K zone she then said it was open boarding.  Did not appear that status mattered.  Boarding began at 10:00 AM and we were on the ship by 10:15 which was great except that the room steward did not want us to drop our carryon in the room even though we printed off the Christine Duffy letter that we received a few days before that allowed for Platinums to drop off luggage in room and leave.

5 hours ago, illinoisfive said:

April 29 Horizon we were told to sit in a specific area, however we are Platinum and were given a O boarding card and boarded according to zone.  Actually after the woman called the K zone she then said it was open boarding.  Did not appear that status mattered.  Boarding began at 10:00 AM and we were on the ship by 10:15 which was great except that the room steward did not want us to drop our carryon in the room even though we printed off the Christine Duffy letter that we received a few days before that allowed for Platinums to drop off luggage in room and leave.

Before Carnival cut their steward count to the bone, your stateroom would have been ready by 10:15.

mz-s

true it would have been ready earlier.  my complaint was that as platinum i am allowed to drop my carryon in stateroom when i board, i even had the letter stating so with me, but i was given a hard time by the steward.  i did not expect to have the stateroom ready.  with that being said, our steward has so many rooms to clean that he was working most of the day every day and he did a good job on my room.

So I know it’s not Miami, but when we cruised in January on the Mardi Gras, they

called weddings first and then when they started announcing diamonds, pretty much everyone in those first few groups got up and they did check our boarding passes to see if we were part of the priority group but it was kind of whoever got there first went.  It wasn’t chaotic at all, but as long as your pass said priority they let you board. It happened so fast. 

On 5/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, jsglow said:

Yes! First time in F this winter. Very nice for sure.