Club Orange

BSR

3 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I can understand why you would do that. Having that many valuable Club Orange tote bags in your home is bound to drive up your insurance costs!

So we now all know where you keep your valuables at home, in the bags.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That's what ebay is for! I am a bit concerned about @POA1's obsession with the tote bag. Perhaps you could send him your extras

While I appreciate the sentiment, we want to EARN our CO tote bag, with honor and dignity. We can put it on the shelf with our various HAL tote bags dating back to the 1990s.

Because we understand VALUE. When we sail off on our final voyage to the great beyond, we know that our heirs will value our tote bags. (Mostly because they can use them to carry off the actual valuables.)

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

So we now all know where you keep your valuables at home, in the bags.

No, they're generally on display. The totes are in the closet, on a top shelf, above DW's jackets. So, if you come a-thievin', grab a tote bag and then stuff it with booty. (Pro burgling tip: The older HAL totes were heavier canvas. If you are going for the Waterford crystal and Steuben glass sculptures, grab an older HAL bag.)

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, BSR said:

Is CO dining room available on disembarkation day?

Yes, but remember CO dining room is only for breakfast and dinner, they do not serve lunch.

Edited by terrydtx

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, absolutely 

Thanks.  I still haven't purchased CO yet.  I been reading all the prior posts and all good comments on CO?  Is there any reason not to purchase it besides the cost factor?

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Love the story about the postcard ❤️.  I probably would have taken the bag but I was worried about the weight of my luggage.  I had business going down but westjet premium coming back so only 50 lbs.  I have hard sided luggage so it weighs a bit empty so that doesn’t help.  I just have to much stuff and I wouldn’t want to deal with eBay.  All kidding aside I really like those bags.  

They zip which is a plus.  I do miss the old canvas bags, though.  Although I probably have half a dozen floating around somewhere in my house. I still use them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BSR said:

Thanks.  I still haven't purchased CO yet.  I been reading all the prior posts and all good comments on CO?  Is there any reason not to purchase it besides the cost factor?

I can't think of a reason.  I booked my next cruise early this year for the fall. I got one of the last few passes.  If you are on a pinnacle ship time is of the essence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BSR said:

The value for me is on the Pinnacle Class ships as you get the separate dining room.  

It would depend on how the other perks appealed to you to decide if it is worth it on the other classes of ships (R, Vista, Signature class) as they do not have the separate dining room.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, albingirl said:

They zip which is a plus.  I do miss the old canvas bags, though.  Although I probably have half a dozen floating around somewhere in my house. I still use them.

I like that they are a little bigger.  I seem to carry around a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You should definitely ask because you should have.  I’ve gotten them every time.  It could be the dreaded supply chain again 😛.

Next maybe they'll start giving out the "catch ya next time" cards like they do for tiles. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I did not get club orange tote bag. 

Just in case - check the top shelf of your cabin.  My steward put mine there on the Oosterdam pre-cruise and I didn’t even see it.  When I asked him for one, he pulled it down for me.  If you don’t have one - ask your steward before it’s too late.

Alternatively - hop on one of the sailings with me and I’ll give you one of mine (unused).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Just in case - check the top shelf of your cabin.  My steward put mine there on the Oosterdam pre-cruise and I didn’t even see it.  When I asked him for one, he pulled it down for me.  If you don’t have one - ask your steward before it’s too late.

Alternatively - hop on one of the sailings with me and I’ll give you one of mine (unused).

Thank you!  We are currently on Zuiderdam and no tote bag.  I have not mentioned to steward but will check cabin a bit.  We disembark tomorrow.  Also, have not been offered menu despite wait staff knowing we have it.  We have same staff nightly.  We are traveling with others and it became awkward to ask waiters so we stopped asking.  We make the habit of checking menu ourselves as we enter DR.  If it is if interest we place it as our order.  I mainly booked Club Orange to move from VH guarantee to chosen VA balcony.  It is nice to not have to stand in line at guest services.  BTW, this 16 day TA has been wonderful.  No complaints!

I got off the dime this morning, called HAL, and got CO. It took a little while, but really not all that long. The lady on the phone was very nice and helpful. I now have the veranda cabin that I was too thrifty (cheap!) to book at the get go. And I'm hoping for one of those orange tote bags to add to my tall stack of Princess blue tote bags. 🤣

On 5/26/2023 at 9:44 PM, terrydtx said:

Did have to wait until they boarded to find out about the $100 OBC?  We are in thr same situation on the Koingsdam, with booking the aft facing Verandah which is the highest Verandah category. 

No. When they rang to ask about CO they were told on the phone they would get the OBC. 

23 hours ago, kazu said:

I got my bag

• Haha 1