What's the 1 thing you have to eat in the Carnivals main dining room at least once while on your cruise if offered?

Thad409

The chilled strawberry soup and the chilled mango soup are two of my favorites. Most definitely the chocolate melting cake and the crème brûlée. I seem to recall that the lasagna is pretty yummy, but can’t think of any other savory items that are “can’t misses” for me.

• Like 2

Just remember that if you can’t fit all the yummy appetizers in, you can order them for dessert.  We actually ordered the spring rolls for dessert.  And the cold fruit soups are good for dessert.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appetizers:   blackened pork tartlets (love these!)

veggie spring rolls

spicy teriyaki chicken tenders

chicken quesadilla

Entrees:      jerk pork roast/loin (love this, but the amount of heat in the seasoning varies from each                      time I've had it. Guess it depends on who is preparing it.)

grilled pork chops (love these; they do a great job with pork, it seems. Always good!)

short ribs

filet mignon

Desserts:   key lime parfait

creme brulee (but I liked it better when they used to serve it with mixed berries on top)

apple pie with ice cream (buttered pecan or vanilla)

brownie (from the kid's menu) with ice cream

sherbet, 2 scoops

Because I'm full from the other items I get before dessert, many times I only get ice cream or sherbet. Sometimes just a cup of hot chocolate for dessert.

And yes, you can order items on the kid's menu. A friend regularly orders a banana split from that.

Friends and I normally drink Arnold Palmers with dinner. Our servers usually end up making a pitcher pre-mixed for us!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

Am the in the minority with the chocolate melting cake?  With a side of peanut butter!

I luv the choc melting cake - never have asked for peanut-butter, but will in a few weeks thanks for reminder.

• Like 2

I remember years ago, everyone raved about the mac & cheese as a side dish on the 1st night I believe it was. It was delicious but I don't think they have it anymore? They also had as a main dish of these breaded fried mushrooms that were excellent.

I haven't sailed Carnival since 2016 and I'm so excited for my October Panorama cruise!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, wemjam said:

Ok, so I am going to descent here - I don't get all the hubbub over Bitter n Blanc 

I happen to like it, but I don't get all the hub bub with the chocolate melting cake.  I had it on my first cruise and meh...I haven't ordered it since.  To each their own.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I happen to like it, but I don't get all the hub bub with the chocolate melting cake.  I had it on my first cruise and meh...I haven't ordered it since.  To each their own.

Don't get me wrong, I like it - just seems like people rave about it. I used to like the chocolate melting cake too (still like the flavor, but they really under cook it now for my taste - and I have a great recipe and just make it at  home now when I want that).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

- West Indian Pumpkin Soup. 30 years strong.

- Indian Vegetarian

- MIchigan Pasty 

- Salmon Coulibiac (basically a salmon wellington)

That Salmon Coulibiac is the BOMB!!

• Like 3

Best Mac and Cheese I’ve ever had. It’s a bit looser than baked mac and cheese which I love. Finally figured out how to make it at home…

and…

Caesar salad dressing. Actually got the chef to give me the recipe and I had a chef friend re-work it from 200 portions to family size! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

West Indian Pumpkin Soup

Mushroom Soup

Creme Brulee. Funny story: on one cruise I commented to our waiter that it was my favorite dessert. He replied, "I will have it for you every night." And he did. A bit overkill, but it was appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 9:59 PM, Markmom18 said:

~   Mmmm … scallop appetizer.

~  Only once during the cruise, I like to order the chocolate melting cake.

~   My husband gets 3 scoops of ice cream each evening.
     I like to share a taste of each flavor.

Of course, still order my own dessert 😋.

Scallops?  I have never seen scallops on any of my sailings.  Newer ships?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

West Indian Pumpkin Soup

Mushroom Soup

Creme Brulee. Funny story: on one cruise I commented to our waiter that it was my favorite dessert. He replied, "I will have it for you every night." And he did. A bit overkill, but it was appreciated!

OOOO I forgot the Pumpkin and Mushroom soup.  I mentioned the tomato and "most of the soups" but those are two of my favorites too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

Scallops?  I have never seen scallops on any of my sailings.  Newer ships?

Well, I had to look up the cruises with my Mom, because I remember we both loved it.  Going back to Inspiration/Imagination cruises.  It was brand new and our waiter brought it out .. wanting to see the passengers opinion. 

It popped into my mind, as I loved it!   IDK if other ships had it …

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 8:52 PM, Essiesmom said:

Gazpacho, beef carpaccio, prime rib.  EM

Gazpacho was my husband’s favorite too. But sadly, I don’t think it’s offered anymore. 

1 hour ago, BETSY DOLL said:

spaghetti carbonara is fantastic!!!

I used to love this too. Last two times trying it, it was like they forgot to flavor it. 

I forgot about the crime brûlée! Also a favorite!

• Like 1