Would you go P&O Plus / Premium?

molecrochip

7 hours ago, Britboys said:

In a word, no. I want to choose what to spend my money on. I do drink but not heavily and have no desire to have wifi. It would be another thing to deter me cruising with P&O.

Couldn't agree more.   I don't want all these extras.  If I want a drink I will pay for it at the time.  If I want WIFI I will wait until I'm ashore.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

You can't book speciality restaurants before you board, only the Limelight.

I'm confused,  I thought you could book speciality dining 14 days before you board but only using real money.

You can only book speciality dining using OBC once on board of course. 

1 minute ago, Windsurfboy said:

I'm confused,  I thought you could book speciality dining 14 days before you board but only using real money.

You can only book speciality dining using OBC once on board of course. 

I’ve got a bit confused as well but, if I understand some of the recent posts correctly, it appears that you can only book most speciality restaurants 14 days out on Iona and Arvia. On all the other ships you can only book the Limelight Club in the 14 day window, with all other restaurants having to be booked once on board. Happy to be corrected if that’s incorrect. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve got a bit confused as well but, if I understand some of the recent posts correctly, it appears that you can only book most speciality restaurants 14 days out on Iona and Arvia. On all the other ships you can only book the Limelight Club in the 14 day window, with all other restaurants having to be booked once on board. Happy to be corrected if that’s incorrect. 

Yes and for organised me it is doing my head in. I want to go on holiday organised not thinking I am not organised and things could go pear shaped

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Not when I have cruised. You cannot book using OBC BEFORE you board and each time I have tried they have all been booked by those who pay beforehand and early boarders.

You must be the unluckiest person alive, we normally book our speciality dining on board, and we have never found the restaurants fully booked. We might have to compromise on time or the day, but we have always been able to find a suitable booking.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

On Britannia in October we could book Limelight and entertainment,  bit not speciality restaurants.  On Azura in February and April we could book nothing until onboard.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

On Britannia in October we could book Limelight and entertainment,  bit not speciality restaurants.  On Azura in February and April we could book nothing until onboard.

Thanks. So that’s consistent with what I thought, given that there’s no Limelight Club on Azura. As for (free) entertainment, I’ve given up trying to work out what the policy is 😂 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks. So that’s consistent with what I thought, given that there’s no Limelight Club on Azura. As for (free) entertainment, I’ve given up trying to work out what the policy is 😂 

Don't worry. Once you work out what the policy is, it will change.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Just become able to book speciality restaurants except glass house on Ventura.

25 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting. Is that 2 weeks prior to the cruise? Seems to be all over the place!

When we was invited to check in online we were told that we could book speciality restaurants from 12th (14th day) however then they were still shown as "coming soon" but were available the following day.

I remember reading on here last year some were saying they could book whilst some on the same cruise saying they could not, another triumph for the IT department,

• Like 2

So basically anyone not wanting a drinks-wifi package gets penalised.

Pay extra to chose room plus pay daily gratuities.

Lose the choice of coach travel - parking - obs. Lose free shuttles.

Sorry but that doesn't sound so good to me. 

Embarkation time is governed by the coach arrival time for us so no benefit of chosing a time. 

Don't drink so would be paying for something I don't use. 

Edited by emam
Extra info.
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, emam said:

So basically anyone not wanting a drinks-wifi package gets penalised.

Pay extra to chose room plus pay daily gratuities.

Lose the choice of coach travel - parking - obs. Lose free shuttles.

Sorry but that doesn't sound so good to me. 

Embarkation time is governed by the coach arrival time for us so no benefit of chosing a time. 

Don't drink so would be paying for something I don't use. 

I agree. If that is indeed the offer, then our cruising days are numbered. 

• Like 3