Internet by the day?

Will be on the Navigator in Jun and my daughter wants internet.  I told her she would have data on her phone when we were in port in LA, and Catalina but not our sea day or in Ensenada. She is interested in purchasing data on the ship how much is it per day if she was just to buy it for our sea day and Mexico day? 

Just now, mattR said:

She is interested in purchasing data on the ship how much is it per day if she was just to buy it for our sea day and Mexico day? 

One continuous 24-hour period should be $28.

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

It might be cheaper to buy ahead of time during a sale.  And it's more than data.  Full internet access. 

Ahead of time she has to buy the whole week though. Just 2 days cheaper to buy onboard. 

4 minutes ago, mattR said:

I don't know what the by the day price is though:)

I was erroneously charged $23.99 for a 24 hour period on Saturday. Glad I stopped at guest services before disembarking to catch their mistake & have the charge removed.

Edited by meadowlander

6 minutes ago, mattR said:

I don't know what the by the day price is though:)

As others have said, it's about $26 to 28 per day, give or take a couple bucks either direction because they use dynamic pricing.  I'm on one of the 4 night Catalina and Ensenada sailings later in the summer.  I just checked and this is what it would cost for the full sailing.  That's for one device.  But if you wanted to check your email or look at something on the internet, she can log out, and you can log in.  No matter what, make sure your phones are in airplane mode!  Airplane mode on, Wifi On.   You'll connect to the ships wifi/intranet to be able to access the app so you can see what's going on each day.  

image.thumb.png.d748839b43f3db5d12c6733cd6eef9be.png

2 hours ago, mattR said:

Will be on the Navigator in Jun and my daughter wants internet.  I told her she would have data on her phone when we were in port in LA, and Catalina but not our sea day or in Ensenada. She is interested in purchasing data on the ship how much is it per day if she was just to buy it for our sea day and Mexico day? 

Check your plan.    Many carriers include Mexico. 

M

9 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Look at the cruise planner for your cruise.  It should tell what the cost is and if there is a sale price. 

The planner won't show the 24 hour package as that is only available on the ship.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

When it shows a sale price it usually shows the regular price.  

The "regular" whole cruise package price per day is different than the 24-hour package price. It's close, like $25 vs $28, but it's different. The spread was even higher before RCI upped the price and eliminated the Surf tier.

Edited by Biker19

Hi @mattR, I just got an email with a new 'sale' for my Navigator sailing this summer.  Wifi for my sail date dropped to $16.99 for a one device package. So now it's a whole four bucks less, lol.   But for that price, it might make sense to buy the full sailing package and not have to worry about it.  Because of the onboard, single day price is about $25 or $26, it's not all that much more for the package.  Just my two cents.  

6 hours ago, rockmom said:

Hi @mattR, I just got an email with a new 'sale' for my Navigator sailing this summer.  Wifi for my sail date dropped to $16.99 for a one device package. So now it's a whole four bucks less, lol.   But for that price, it might make sense to buy the full sailing package and not have to worry about it.  Because of the onboard, single day price is about $25 or $26, it's not all that much more for the package.  Just my two cents.  

Thanks for the heads up.  Booked the package for the entire cruise to make things simpler. She can decide if she wants to spend(waste) her money on this 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mattR said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Booked the package for the entire cruise to make things simpler. She can decide if she wants to spend(waste) her money on this 🙂

ha! She will totally think it's worth it. And remember, put phones in airplane mode and turn on wifi.  Since you won't have the paid wifi, you will be able to use the messenger function on the Royal App (it's free), but remember to enable notifications for both of you.  And if you yourself want to check email or something on the web, she can log out and then you can log in on your phone for a bit too.  Or tablet, etc.  You can use as many devices as you want, but just one at a time.  

• Like 1